Underrated Albums

Not that anything by this band could be technically underrated, but in comparison with praise for their other albums...

Rubber Soul

• Like 2

Not that anything by this band could be technically underrated, but in comparison with praise for their other albums...

Rubber Soul

It's the last Beatles album were it sounded like they were actually having fun.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

Well, I hear a lot of fun on Abbey Road, but there can be something rather sterile about Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, and Magical Mystery Tour (haven't heard the White Ablum).

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

Well, I hear a lot of fun on Abbey Road, but there can be something rather sterile about Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, and Magical Mystery Tour (haven't heard the White Ablum).

Yes, Abbey Road recaptured the early magic of the band, that's the main reason why it's great.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

Yes, Abbey Road recaptured the early magic of the band, that's the main reason why it's great.

That explains it. Early magic recaptured plus later experimentalism and production techniques mastered = Abbey Road, my fav Beatles album. Rubber Soul I think is def second fav now that I've gotten farmiliar with it.

Rubber Soul

That explains it. Early magic recaptured plus later experimentalism and production techniques mastered = Abbey Road, my fav Beatles album. Rubber Soul I think is def second fav now that I've gotten farmiliar with it.

In the end, it's all about the song, great collections of songs.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

Interesting mentality. I don't think anything on Sgt. Pepper's can possibly stand up to In My Life or Here Comes The Sun for one, so there may be something to that.

Rubber Soul

Interesting mentality. I don't think anything on Sgt. Pepper's can possibly stand up to In My Life or Here Comes The Sun for one, so there may be something to that.

The greatness of Sgt. Pepper:

The title track

A Little Help From My Friends

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

The "rest" could possibly validate and cement the careers of less successful bands. Sgt. Pepper's is a great album, maybe not the Beatles' best, but still great. Remember, the initial concept was thrown out the window as soon as they decided to release "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" as a singe. George Martin always regretted that decision.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I'm a fan of the quirkiness of the more fillery tracks as well actually, but from a certain viewpoint that's fairly accurate.

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

The "rest" could possibly validate and cement the careers of less successful bands. Sgt. Pepper's is a great album, maybe not the Beatles' best, but still great. Remember, the initial concept was thrown out the window as soon as they decided to release "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" as a singe. George Martin always regretted that decision.

This is not my opinion at all and I hate the rest of those songs. Just as you hate the ever so popular and long lasting music of Bon Jovi I too hate this overhyped and painfully lopsided collection of great songs and self indulgent crap.

I will praise things from my perspective as I have too strong a hatred for the rest of the album to dare be entertained by the thought that the populist opinion can only be the right opinion.

Many bands have songs and albums far stronger than this album and they never found any success at all. I don't believe the hyperbolic rubbish that the biggest selling band of all time are above criticism.

Edited by Segue Myles

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

This is not my opinion at all and I hate the rest of those songs. Just as you hate the ever so popular and long lasting music of Bon Jovi I too hate this overhyped and painfully lopsided collection of great songs and self indulgent crap.

I will praise things from my perspective as I have too strong a hatred for the rest of the album to dare be entertained by the thought that the populist opinion can only be the right opinion.

I don't think Sgt. Pepper's reputation is benefiting from any populist opinion. In fact, I think the album's reputation has lessened the past several decades, replaced by current go to albums OK Computer and Pet Sounds and New Jersey.

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I don't think Sgt. Pepper's reputation is benefiting from any populist opinion. In fact, I think the album's reputation has lessened the past several decades, replaced by current go to albums OK Computer and Pet Sounds and New Jersey.

No way New Jersey gets the same kind of praise as either of those albums.

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I was being facetious!

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I think Sgt. Pepper's has rightfully taken a backseat to Revolver and Abbey Road, and I am ecstatic to see Rubber Soul get love as well.

Sorry I have for years had to defend my stance on Sgt. Pepper's. It's an album I have ridiculously strong feelings about. It was my first Beatles album and very nearly my last.

• Like 1

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I was being facetious!

But not clever.

I vote for the very well known album ReRushed and the Fat Guzzling Physicists of Flesh Hovel Lane!

This must have been during my "lost weekend".

Don't worry it's a CLASSIC! :haz:

I have no doubt.

• Like 1

I vote for the very well known album ReRushed and the Fat Guzzling Physicists of Flesh Hovel Lane!

This must have been during my "lost weekend".

Don't worry it's a CLASSIC! :haz:

I have no doubt.

Aye! :hail:

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I was being facetious!

But not clever.

Is this clever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMAaGWL_qI

Rubber Soul

The title track

She's Leaving Home

A Day In The Life

Shoot the rest.

I was being facetious!

But not clever.

Is this clever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMAaGWL_qI

I would simply post the Paul McCartney / Kanye West collaboration but why bother?