The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

Check this out. For me who is still trying to get the air drums for this song, i appreciate the view of the drums and being able to actually see what is being hit and when.

My husband always says that to be a drummer, you need good coordination. After watching this, i would have to agree.

• Like 3

Check this out. For me who is still trying to get the air drums for this song, i appreciate the view of the drums and being able to actually see what is being hit and when.

My husband always says that to be a drummer, you need good coordination. After watching this, i would have to agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXyjkBM3CE&feature=player_detailpage

You definitely have to be able to coordinate both arms and legs to do different things at the same time. From the drummers I know, that's the hardest thing (other than keeping good time) that they have to learn.

• Like 1

It's hard to see Neil in videos. That's why I always wished at least in the professional tour videos that the screen was split three ways so you could watch what each one was doing throughout the entire song instead of the camera going from one then to another.

Watching this young man playing the drums to Rush songs makes me appreciate all the more the talent that went behind creating the songs.

:wub: Gush. :)

• Like 2

Has anyone gushed about Natural Science yet? I don't know how we could have missed it, but it's possible.

Feel free. :)

Has anyone gushed about Natural Science yet? I don't know how we could have missed it, but it's possible.

Natural Science is a masterpiece. The musicianship is off the charts and the songwriting is perfection. The lyrics are interesting as well. It's definitely Rush at their finest.

• Like 5

Natural Science is a masterpiece. The musicianship is off the charts and the songwriting is perfection. The lyrics are interesting as well. It's definitely Rush at their finest.

What I love the most is that I am always hearing something new in their songs. I was just listening to I think it was the Sector remaster version of Natural Science and I heard something new from Alex towards the end. Whoever did the Sector remasters ought to get an award. They are excellent!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

What I love the most is that I am always hearing something new in their songs. I was just listening to I think it was the Sector remaster version of Natural Science and I heard something new from Alex towards the end. Whoever did the Sector remasters ought to get an award. They are excellent!

I know what you mean. We had the '97 remasters for years and it's all we had, and they were good. But when the Sector sets came out it was like...whoa.

• Like 1

I'd just like to apologize to Eaglemoon, I was a bit of a sarcastic douche last night and it was uncalled for. I'll still post videos, but I'll accompany them with an explanation as to why I'm gushing over that particular one. :)
  • Like 1

I'd just like to apologize to Eaglemoon, I was a bit of a sarcastic douche last night and it was uncalled for. I'll still post videos, but I'll accompany them with an explanation as to why I'm gushing over that particular one. :)

Aw thanks, Brucey. I just wanted everyone to talk about what they liked and why. That's all.

• Like 2

Your post didn't sound sarcastic to me, but it is nice that you offer an apology. :hug2:

We love Eagle!! :yes: :heart:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

I know what you mean. We had the '97 remasters for years and it's all we had, and they were good. But when the Sector sets came out it was like...whoa.

I'll have to eventually invest in the Sectors. Still don't have them! When I have money again.... someday... LOL!

• Like 2

I thought it was just UNDERSTOOD. :D

Love NatSci ... perfection. I lost my mind when they did it in 2002 (I missed the TFE tour...)

It is understood, but this is a gush over Rush thread. :D

• Like 1

I thought it was just UNDERSTOOD. :D

Love NatSci ... perfection. I lost my mind when they did it in 2002 (I missed the TFE tour...)

It is understood, but this is a gush over Rush thread. :D

There is absolutely nothing that isn't perfect when it comes to Natural Science. It's beautiful. The watery splashes, the acoustic guitar, Geddy's lonely voice echoing over the mountain.... :)

• Like 3

I'll have to eventually invest in the Sectors. Still don't have them! When I have money again.... someday... LOL!

This!

• Like 1