The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

How do you get a thread pinned?

How do you get a "thread" "pinned"?

Maybe you have to "needle" one of the admin folks . . . after a bit of "hemming" and hawing it'll get done. Are you in "stitches" yet?

• Like 5

Maybe you have to "needle" one of the admin folks . . . after a bit of "hemming" and hawing it'll get done. Are you in "stitches" yet?

Yes, I'm in stitches, but I'll be on needles and pins until this thread is penned.

• Like 3

Yes, I'm in stitches, but I'll be on needles and pins until this thread is penned.

You guys are "sew" funny.

• Like 5

You guys are "sew" funny.

You seam to be quite a comic yourself.

• Like 3

What's happened to my thread?

I'm a-frayed it got sidetracked.

And that's my last one. Promise.

XANADU!!

But i was still playing along. :unsure:

Sew - hem - thread

Get it? :angel:

Ah. But I'm running out of sewing-related words, darn it.

• Like 3

XANADU!!

Sew - hem - thread

:wacko:

XANADU!!

Sew - hem - thread

Stop stringing us along and get to the point.

• Like 1

Ya know I'm gonna shout out to my favourite Rush song:

Chain Lightning

Yeah...I love the bones of that little song. I don't even know why it's my favourite but I just adore it to death, it puts me in a great mood and the visuals it gives me is both sweet and uplifting. It's not even a classic I just happen to really love that song!

• Like 2

Actually I'm just gonna gush about Presto. I have consistently loved it more than most other Rush albums and could happily argue in its defence forever.

A great melodic rock album. When I consider the prevalence of hair metal (even the stuff I like) being released around that time to no end, I just end up loving it even more!

• Like 3

I'm gonna gush over Vapor Trails. I love this album's raw emotion. The emotion is what makes it so good to me. You can tell they were going through a difficult time while making it. I also love how HEAVY it is. Probably Rush's most metal album. I know that a lot of people dislike it but I grew up listening to Vapor Trails in the car and have always loved it. Top 10 Rush album for me, maybe even top 5.
  • Like 8

I'm gonna gush over Vapor Trails. I love this album's raw emotion. The emotion is what makes it so good to me. You can tell they were going through a difficult time while making it. I also love how HEAVY it is. Probably Rush's most metal album. I know that a lot of people dislike it but I grew up listening to Vapor Trails in the car and have always loved it. Top 10 Rush album for me, maybe even top 5.

Top five for me and I could wax lyrical about the greatness and the power and the emotional impact this album has on me for days without taking a breath.

Truly, madly, deeply love this album. I grew up listening to hardcore/post-hardcore and some really rusty sounding sludge metal (alongside all my infamous catchy stuff), so the botched production values actually remind me strongly of some of the hideous sounding, but ultimately mind blowing, works of bands like Botch, Refused, early Mastodon and stuff like that.

• Like 1

XANADU!!

Sew - hem - thread

A thread walked into a bar and ordered a drink.

"Sorry, " said the bartender, "we don't serve threads here."

So the thread went out back, tied himself in a knot, mussed his hair, and went back in and ordered a drink again.

The bartender said, "Hey! Aren't you the thread that was just in here a few minutes ago?"

"No," said the thread, "I'm a frayed knot!" :16ton:

• Like 3

XANADU!!

Sew - hem - thread

A thread walked into a bar and ordered a drink.

"Sorry, " said the bartender, "we don't serve threads here."

So the thread went out back, tied himself in a knot, mussed his hair, and went back in and ordered a drink again.

The bartender said, "Hey! Aren't you the thread that was just in here a few minutes ago?"

"No," said the thread, "I'm a frayed knot!" :16ton:

:blink:

You win! :)

• Like 1

Anyone who gushes over VT automatically becomes my wife's new friend, it is one of her faves as well. :haz: I like it a lot as well, for all the reasons you mentioned (except growing up on it, I am much older than that!) But she adores that album.

• Like 1