The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

I couldn't get Treeduck's video to work (said it was restricted and had to watch it on youtube) so I did the next best thing and I will post it here for posterity.

The very first video Lorraine watched with her high speed was Geddy Lee and his Celebrity Winter Advice. :wub:

Oooh, congrats on the new computer service! Yay! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting to hear it was Pete! :wub:

Thanks, GM! :) John Rogers is going to cry when he hears about Tai Shan though. :unsure:

Actually, props to blueschica who contributed that one! Funnily enough, earlier today I debated whether to post that, or Celebrity Winter Advice. I went with Celebrity Winter Advice because it marks a significant milestone in the early development of my adoration for the big-nosed one :LOL:

• Like 3

Ghost of a Chance is a great song, even more great in this live version with the addition of...dat chord...

Are you talking about the very last chord Alex plays when you say "dat chord"?

Thanks for posting that, Brucey. I love that song, and Alex's guitar from about the 4:00 mark to the end really gets me.

• Like 1

Ghost of a Chance is a great song, even more great in this live version with the addition of...dat chord...

Thanks for posting that, Brucey. I love that song, and Alex's guitar from about the 4:00 mark to the end really gets me.

Yes I am and you're welcome!

• Like 1

I'm so glad you're able to watch videos now. We'll probably never drag you away from YouTube. :)
  • Like 3

Geddy's vocals on that are gorgeous.

• Like 2

I thought so too. He sounded especially good.

• Like 1

This might be considered weird for me to say but I'm going to...he sounds sexy on this song. I can't think of any other Rush songs in which he sounds sexy.

• Like 3

This might be considered weird for me to say but I'm going to...he sounds sexy on this song. I can't think of any other Rush songs in which he sounds sexy.

I agree, at least with regard to his vocals.

His bass playing, though, that's another story! :o :drool: :wub:

• Like 1

These vocals are pretty good, but the Retrosepctive III version's vocals are exceptional.

These vocals are pretty good, but the Retrosepctive III version's vocals are exceptional.

That's good, too, but I think I like the Snakes and Arrows version better. Maybe because that performance is "my" Rush, a performance from a tour that I saw, or maybe because I like that little bit of grit in Geddy's voice. Either way, this isn't a song that I've ever really appreciated before, but now I'm starting to! :D

That's good, too, but I think I like the Snakes and Arrows version better. Maybe because that performance is "my" Rush, a performance from a tour that I saw, or maybe because I like that little bit of grit in Geddy's voice. Either way, this isn't a song that I've ever really appreciated before, but now I'm starting to! :D

I've always loved Ghost of a Chance! The "I don't believe in destiny" section is so mystical. The chord at the end of the live version is orgasmic too.

I want to gush over The Trees!! This song says so much about being rebellious against what one thinks it's wrong or oppressive someway. I heard it a lot during my teenage days as a symbol of my rebellious behaviour.

It also says about human behaviour when it to about differences.

As my rebel acts changed to love and passion for Arts & Music, I still hear it and cherish so much this song.

When things go bad, I symbolically say: "There's unrest in the forest..." as a positive way to deal.

This song healed my personal unrest. And it's on of my personal anthems. It'll be until the day I die and even after.

:hi:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

The middle part of The Trees is one of my favourite parts of any song.

I wonder if we are talking about the same part? I just gave a quick listen - the part I'm referring to begins at about 2:17 and runs to 3:10 - more or less. :)

• Like 2

The middle part of The Trees is one of my favourite parts of any song.

I wonder if we are talking about the same part? I just gave a quick listen - the part I'm referring to begins at about 2:17 and runs to 3:10 - more or less. :)

Pretty much that bit, though for me it starts at about 1:45.

• Like 2