Hey! I'm Back! I Scored At The Hard Rock In Las Vegas! Not Sexxx Dirty Minded Rush Freaks! I Found A PSA Graded KISS Ticket From 1975!!!

RUSHHEAD666

I had one of the greatest Las Vegas weekend in my life so far and the funny thing is I went alone!

I saw Queensryche and the Scorpions at the Hard Rock.

I saw the last Billy Idol show on Saturday at the House Of Blues! Damn, Steve Stevens RULES!!!

So on Saturday I woke up at 2 pm in the afternoon. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" right?

So with my nasty hangover I put on my "Hemispheres" shirt and headed out for bloody mary's and a burger.

I looked in my wallet and realized I had a 100 voucher from the Hard Rock.

So I had to go back there and cash it in.

So instead of cabbing in I walked from Mandalay Bay to the Hard Rock. I very nice walk indeed.

When I got there I decided to visit the gift store.

When I walked in a dude who worked there said, "hey man nice Rush shirt. We have a rare Rush ticket up by the register."

So I looked at this ticket. PSA graded.

The ticket was from the 1975 tour.

KISS

JAMES GANG

WITH RUSH!

It was incredible.

So of course I had to ensnare it.

Funny thing to note. I am seeing Joe Walsh tonight along with Bad Company!!! I can't wait. But see the connection?

I always thought it was just KISS and RUSH. Never really knew a third act was with them. James Gang? What an incredible triple bill!!!!

So I was going back to my room to drop the ticket off and in the lobby I met these four hot women. They wanted me to take their picture.

As we were talking the all liked my Rush shirt hence they were all from Canada.

So we all got in the elevator together.

I opened up my bag to show them the ticket. They were impressed.

Then all of the sudden some old dude taps me on the back of the shoulder.

He says, "I went to that tour."

I was blown away.

What are the odds?

My odds were very good kids.

I even came home up 500 bucks!

Also on Saturday night at the Hard Rock a lot of musicians showed up at the Center Bar. Scott Ian was there as DJ. Playing some killer tunes!

Eddie Trunk was there. I met him guys. I talked to him for a few minutes about rock and roll. I personally think Eddie on hell of a Rock And Roll Poser. I asked him some questions about bands and he had no clue how to answer them.

Then my highlight was meeting MIKKEY DEE!!!! Mickkey is with the Scorpions right now! It was so fuckking cool! Even Scott Ian got on the mic and said, "It's Mikkey Dee everyone! The greatest drummer the Scorpions have ever had!!"

I was like "DUH!" Mikkey ripped it up in the Scorps.

So I talked to Mikkey for a second and I gave him a hug!!! LOL! Totally cool dude!!

Then I met Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson from Queensryche! Both were very cool.

You know I've never realized how short these rockers are.

Alex Skolnick was also hanging out with everyone!! It was a METAL FEST!!!!!!

Traveling alone is FUN!!!

RUSH ON!

PS: Gina is going to post a picture of the ticket later.

I have to run.............

• Like 14

Sounds like an awesome time. I've heard that Eddie Trunk is a real faker before. Glad to hear someone else thinks so too. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Earl, that sounds so awesome! So glad you had a good time! I always liked the James Gang, even when I was a little chica and didn't know who Joe Walsh was. It's very cool that you got that ticket. Being there with Mikkey Dee and Scott Ian would be the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!
  • Like 1

I had one of the greatest Las Vegas weekend in my life so far and the funny thing is I went alone!

I saw the last Billy Idol show on Saturday at the House Of Blues! Damn, Steve Stevens RULES!!!

So on Saturday I woke up at 2 pm in the afternoon. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" right?

So with my nasty hangover I put on my "Hemispheres" shirt and headed out for bloody mary's and a burger.

So instead of cabbing in I walked from Mandalay Bay to the Hard Rock. I very nice walk indeed.

When I walked in a dude who worked there said, "hey man nice Rush shirt. We have a rare Rush ticket up by the register."

KISS

JAMES GANG

WITH RUSH!

It was incredible.

Funny thing to note. I am seeing Joe Walsh tonight along with Bad Company!!! I can't wait. But see the connection?

I always thought it was just KISS and RUSH. Never really knew a third act was with them. James Gang? What an incredible triple bill!!!!

So I was going back to my room to drop the ticket off and in the lobby I met these four hot women. They wanted me to take their picture.

I was blown away.

What are the odds?

Also on Saturday night at the Hard Rock a lot of musicians showed up at the Center Bar. Scott Ian was there as DJ. Playing some killer tunes!

Eddie Trunk was there. I met him guys. I talked to him for a few minutes about rock and roll. I personally think Eddie on hell of a Rock And Roll Poser. I asked him some questions about bands and he had no clue how to answer them.

Then my highlight was meeting MIKKEY DEE!!!! Mickkey is with the Scorpions right now! It was so fuckking cool! Even Scott Ian got on the mic and said, "It's Mikkey Dee everyone! The greatest drummer the Scorpions have ever had!!"

So I talked to Mikkey for a second and I gave him a hug!!! LOL! Totally cool dude!!

Then I met Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson from Queensryche! Both were very cool.

RUSH ON!

Another EARL Epic!

:notworthy:

So Eddie Trunk pretends to be the ultimate "fan" of rock and metal but he's just another lying poser shill DJ? Who knew?

Rockers ARE short, except for Steve Vai and Buckethead.

• Like 2

I met Eddie at NAMM a couple years ago. Douche... He was trying to blow Portnoy. Figuratively speaking.
  • Like 2

KISS

JAMES GANG

WITH RUSH!

It was incredible.

I was blown away.

What are the odds?

RUSH ON!

Another EARL Epic!

:notworthy:

So Eddie Trunk pretends to be the ultimate "fan" of rock and metal but he's just another lying poser shill DJ? Who knew?

Rockers ARE short, except for Steve Vai and Buckethead.

That's often true.

Eddie Van Halen is a midget.

Klause Meine is a midget.

I'm a midget.

Fun story Earl. 4 hot women in a Vegas elevator has "lines of coke" and "trouble" written all over it.

Eddie Trunk...some reason I'm not surprised.

:blaze:

• Like 1

Here is a photo of Earl's ticket, looks like mint condition!

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/rush-kiss%20ticket_zps9avgbuvn.jpg

(He doesn't have a way to post photos so he asked me to do it.)

• Like 8

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/rush-kiss%20ticket_zps9avgbuvn.jpg

Hmmm, set list was probably heavy FBN with COS songs not ready yet???

(He doesn't have a way to post photos so he asked me to do it.)

My palms are sweaty just thinking about it

From the time I was about 14 or 15, I would go to Alwick Records in the Morris County Mall .. Eddie Trunk worked there then, and he always had an elite, arrogant air about him ... He was kinda a dick back then too, from what I remember - as if there was no fan like him

That ticket stub reminded me of this story of Geddy's-

Opened for: KISS, The Tubes, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult

"
When we toured with KISS in 1975 we couldn't believe we were playing in America and travelling around. It was all so new and exciting to us. And we honestly thought it was probably the last time this would ever happen to us, so we should enjoy it. I think I still have the keys to every hotel room from that tour. I kept them because I never thought I'd ever be in Lubbock, Texas again. And in fact I haven't been to Lubbock, Texas again.
" - Geddy Lee,
ClassicRock.com
, May 2015

I had read somewhere that groupies collected room keys, I never knew that band members did. :) :) Remember when they were actual keys? :codger:
Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

I have a feeling that wherever Earl goes, he meets people and band members and makes all these cool connections.

If I had 1/10th of his energy I might make something of myself ;)

Well stop listening to all that complicated crap and put on some Detroit Rock City

• Like 1

Hey Earl, do you know the story behind the line "Moving fast, doin' 95" ?? ... Paul actually says "Moving fast, down 95" , as Paul is a New Yorker/ East Coast guy - thinking about Route 95 ... But after they finished the recording, they realized that Route 95 does not go near Detroit, they changed the lyric sheet in the album to "doin' 95" even though Paul actually says "down 95"

I think Ezrin tweaked it on the remix Resurrected in 2012

Edited by Lucas

I have a feeling that wherever Earl goes, he meets people and band members and makes all these cool connections.

If I had 1/10th of his energy I might make something of myself ;)

Well stop listening to all that complicated crap and put on some Detroit Rock City

I listened to VH2 the other day. so yeah.