Happy Birthday Vapor Trails: May 14, 2002

robertrobyn

Just gave it a run-through Tuesday. Certainly in my top ten as well.

Can any real, non-basic TRFer hate Ghost Rider?

You know it's funny; I absolutely love VT but Ghost Rider is one of my least favorite tracks on the album. I don't hate it, it just feels out of place. On the other hand, my wife adored it.

As for the rest, OLV, Ceiling Unlimited, VT, Secret Touch and How it Is all remain strong in my Rush playlist rotation. Great album and better after the remix, even if I don't care for a few of the vocal changes here and there.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

Best album since p/g, though it was later surpassed by CA. At least there was life in it.
  • Like 2

While I enjoy it, the answer to your question is, of course they can.

While I enjoy it, the answer to your question is, of course they can.

Yeah, that's the true answer but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what "real, non-basic TRFer" means.

I am obsessed with this album. Close to perfect, I don't care of you hate it or hate the production or the songs or anything...I love the original 2002 release and I adore everything about every single song!

Absolutely in my top ten, possibly top five. For a while there last year I started to wonder if it might be my favourite Rush album full stop.

It's incredible. Nothing they have released since comes even close to this.

• Like 6

I am obsessed with this album. Close to perfect, I don't care of you hate it or hate the production or the songs or anything...I love the original 2002 release and I adore everything about every single song!

I like the original much more than the remastered version.

I doubt it'd be in my top 10 [thats a tall order] but I definitely think it blows away the album before it and after it (and I'm not talking about the cover album).

:blaze:

• Like 2

Probably my least favorite Rush album next to Presto and mainly due to the production. Even on the remix it's distorted and too much frequency overlap. I think the live versions of the songs have been decent but the studio version is just poor.

Polarizing album for sure. Hideous production, but the songs are (mostly) there. Earthshine is my favorite Rush song of the 2000's. Secret Touch and Ghost Rider are standouts. OLV is so overrated. Sweet Miracle is so overlooked.
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails I used to love you unreservedly. I listened to you constantly upon release for maybe 6 months.

Now I find you to be really a half great album. You were too loud and abrasive and eventually I had to put you down and move on to cuter and brighter albums.

Why OLV isn't a huge sports anthem I will never know why.

• Like 1

Loved it from the first listen and love the remix even more. It is the first thing on my listening list tonight.
  • Like 3

I used to really dislike Vapor Trails, but I've come around a bit since then. It's definitely a keeper.

It's hard for me to fathom that it's been 14 years since their 'comeback' album was released.

• Like 3

I used to really dislike Vapor Trails, but I've come around a bit since then. It's definitely a keeper.

It's hard for me to fathom that it's been 14 years since their 'comeback' album was released.

I know. That's the bad thing about getting older. Time goes faster. Ironic huh?

• Like 2

those were great days. i remember when those five samples were released online before the actual album i lived on those for a long time. earthshine just blew me away. still does, probably the most powerful track this band ever made.

man there was so much on that album to get excited about. ghost rider & secret touch just put me in a daze for ages.

really good days. i need another rush album so bad :(

• Like 2

Some of Rush's hardest rocking songs came on this album and I love them. Earthshine, Secret Touch, Peaceable Kingdom, Freeze, and Vapor Trail kick major ass. The other songs are also fantastic. Top ten album for me.
  • Like 1