The Radiothread - TRF's Radiohead Thread

ReRushed

I know there's a thread regarding the new Radiohead song/album, but I think they are a band deserving an official Rush Forum thread. There may already be one, but I didn't want to put the effort into searching for it, so, instead, here's the Radiothread!

Post away...

• Like 2

I like Kid A a lot, but a couple of the songs which I see as weaker make it just a 9/10

(these two songs are In Limbo and Everything In Its Right Place)

In Limbo is my favorite from Kid A. I'd say the weakest track is Optimistic.

Here's mine:

OK Computer

In Rainbows

A Moon Shaped Pool

Kid A

Hail to the Thief

The Bends

The King of Limbs

Amnesiac

Pablo Honey

• Like 2

1. In Rainbows - 10/10

2. OK Computer - 10/10

2. A Moon Shaped Pool - 10/10

4. Amnesiac - 10/10

5. Kid A - 9/10

6. The Bends - 8/10

7. The King of Limbs - 7/10

8. Hail to the Thief - 7/10

9. Pablo Honey - 5/10

• Like 2

I dont listen to them much anymore, but man i would love to see them again. They are mind blowing live

One of my favorite songs is talk show host

• Like 2

Haven't yet heard the new album, HTTT, or Amnesiac.

Three way tie for first -> Kid A, OK Computer, The Bends (my intro to Radiohead this one)

Super close 2nd (or 4th if you prefer) -> In Rainbows

Then -> King Of Limbs

And of course -> Pablo Honey

Those three at the number one spot basically just change depending on what mood I'm in or whichever I listened to last. Some days OK Computer's density leaves me frustrated, or The Bends isn't interesting enough, or Kid A is too depressing and heady. Basically I could bounce back and forth between my pop/rock side and my experimental artsy side with these three, which might leave OK Computer as most consistently my fav, so maybe that's it.

Today though, I'd put my absolute fav as either Kid A and the Bends. Haven't listened through OC in a while.

• Like 1

The King of Limbs gets a bad rap... But all in all, it's a good album.

If all 8 songs were as good as Codex and Give Up the Ghost, I'd likely consider it the best Radiohead album.

Morning Mr. Magpie is the only song on it I don't like. "The Daily Mail" is amazing, and should have been on the album instead of it.

• Like 1

Pablo Honey sucks.. But, if you gather up all the songs that were released in the Pablo Honey era (on EPs and through singles), you can craft a pretty good album.

Here's mine:

Million Dollar Question

Yes I Am

You

Creep

Prove Yourself

Faithless the Wonder Boy

Vegetable

Anyone Can Play Guitar

Pop is Dead

Ripcord

Nothing Touches Me

• Like 1

Pablo Honey sucks.. But, if you gather up all the songs that were released in the Pablo Honey era (on EPs and through singles), you can craft a pretty good album.

Here's mine:

Million Dollar Question

Yes I Am

You

Creep

Prove Yourself

Faithless the Wonder Boy

Vegetable

Anyone Can Play Guitar

Pop is Dead

Ripcord

Nothing Touches Me

Where's Coke Babies!? That's the best one! Well, my favorite at least, of the early b-sides.

Their early singles are on the whole more interesting than what went on Pablo Honey.

My Radiohead lineup:

1. OK Computer (The Revolver of the modern era!, or maybe Revolver meets Wish You Were Here)

2. Amnesiac (I Might be Wrong and Knives Out really carry it for me)

3. Hail to the Thief (cut out We Suck Young Blood and either I Will or Scatterbrain -- each a so so b-side -- and you've got a pretty tight 12-song LP)

4. Kid A (deserves its lofty reputation)

5. In Rainbows (can understand why some think it's their best)

6. The Bends (only reason it's this low is that the ones above are so good)

7. King of Limbs (meh; would've made a very good 6 song EP)

8. Pablo Honey (The only true dud to me; I combine the first two and last two tracks with Pablo Honey b-sides to make a proper album)

Haven't heard A Moon-Shaped Pool yet; waiting for the CD. Based on first impressions, I expect it would end up somewhere between TKOL and Kid A.

The Radiohead non-LP tracks also deserve attention. My favorites are the non-My Iron Lung Bends era b-sides (Maquiladora, India Ink, How Can You be Sure?, Talk Show Host, Banana Co., Bishop's Robes, Molasses, Killer Cars) but a close second is the OKC b-sides (Pearly, Meeting in the Aisle, A Reminder, Polyethylene, Melatonin, Lull, Palo Alto, How I Made my Millions). The Kid A/Amnesiac b-sides are also great. Apart from the fairly weak HTTF contributions, Radiohead's b-sides are essential listening. A near-complete list can be found here (written before the eight track In Rainbows bonus disc):

http://www.greenplas...ist-of-b-sides/

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

My top five songs. I was gonna do ten but it was too hard to choose:

Idioteque

Knives Out

All I Need

Paranoid Android

Pyramid Song

Four singles plus a fan favorite as my number one. No hipster cred for me. :(

• Like 2

Here's mine:

Million Dollar Question

Yes I Am

You

Creep

Prove Yourself

Faithless the Wonder Boy

Vegetable

Anyone Can Play Guitar

Pop is Dead

Ripcord

Nothing Touches Me

Coke Babies

Where's Coke Babies!? That's the best one! Well, my favorite at least, of the early b-sides.

Their early singles are on the whole more interesting than what went on Pablo Honey.

I overlooked it, could squeeze it in as the last track, it'd be a good closer :)

• Like 1

Pitchfork has posted an article about Radiohead websites At Ease, Green Plastic and Follow me around. It's an interesting read and it also mentions some old message board posts from Thom.

http://pitchfork.com/features/article/9890-internet-explorers-the-curious-case-of-radioheads-online-fandom/?mbid=social_twitter

I actually signed up on At Ease message board back in 2003 and logged in last week for the first time in about 2 years, I was surprised I remembered my password!

• Like 2

Maybe I haven't seen this talked about simply because it's obvious, but does anyone else clearly see Thom's face / hair in the Moon Shaped Pool album cover?

Yeah it looks like somebody's head/face.

I found an audio downloaded link of this video:

I could watch this over and over :wub:

• Like 2