Would you say wearing a hat indoors is rude?

Brucey

Wearing a hat indoors  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is it rude?

• Yes
    • No

It used to be rude, for men at least, but that was back in the day when you didn't leave an unmarried man and woman together unattended lest her reputation be ruined. I honestly don't know if the hat rule still applies.
  • Like 2

Indoors as a rule, no, but at the dinner table yes.

When we go over my wife's grandparents' house I always make sure to take my hat off out of respect. I think older people especially would be more inclined to think wearing a hat at the table is rude.

• Like 5

Who cares. The customs of fifty years ago don't apply now, and culturally, they don't apply to everyone. Some people cover their heads at all time, even at worship, some onky really remove the covering for worship. Then there's the male vs female rules that differ. If someone is offended by your wearing a hat at any time, that's their b.s.to deal with.
  • Like 4

It doesn't bother me, personally. One problem is, once you've committed to wearing a hat for the day, then you've got the "hat-head" problem. People should respect hat-wearers' right to hide their dented hair.
  • Like 11

It doesn't bother me, personally. One problem is, once you've committed to wearing a hat for the day, then you've got the "hat-head" problem. People should respect hat-wearers' right to hide their dented hair.

Haha!

• Like 1

Rule 1- If you are wearing a hat it's because you are lazy.

You woke up and said, it's easier to toss on a hat then to spend 18 seconds applying some gel and combing or brushing.

It also indicates you probably have not showered today (You know this is true)

Rule 2- It also usually means you are in denial about your receding hairline. (Usually guys in their late 20s fall in this category)

Accept it and move on fellas

Hats are acceptable outside at parades, golf tournaments, ball games, picnics, the beach, etc

Inside?? No reason to wear a hat, unless you work at a dive bar and even then see Rule 1 and 2

• Like 1

Depends on the setting like others have said. If you're out at the store or at a concert then fine. Some places even have it as part of their work uniform. But I would consider it rude to wear a baseball hat in church or at a wake or funeral service for somebody.
  • Like 2

Wearing a hat whenever I want sends a DGAF signal, which is pretty much what I'm sending to this thread.

When I wear a hat all day, it's a weekend non-shower day and I'm saving everyone from looking at leftover bedhead.

• Like 3

Jesus Christ, we're bored.

HEY! Actually yeah you're right

:LOL: I still voted no although i do pull my brothers hat off of her wears out in the house.

Your brother is a her? ;)

I wonder if it is time for the

Sock Sock Shoe Shoe or Sock Shoe Sock Shoe - How do you put them on Thread yet?

• Like 3

I wonder if it is time for the

Sock Sock Shoe Shoe or Sock Shoe Sock Shoe - How do you put them on Thread yet?

Don't do it! :LOL:

The latter would never occur to me.

Then again, no shoes worn in the crib. They're all stored by the front door in a closet.

• Like 1

It's not a black and white topic, but I'd say it's generally okay. I'm sure I'm from a different generation than most users, though, so my opinion is likely more lax.
  • Like 1