R40 One Year Ago Today

DirkPrattLerxst

I wonder if the guys reflected on the date at all or it just another Sunday???

They probably don't do any reflecting for this kind of thing. Hundreds of gigs in their brains and all. And though this was their most recent tour, they might only remember the month it started and not the exact date.

John Rogers, I wondered the same exact thing this morning.

The only one of the three that probably did was Geddy. I've watched the end of the LA show many times - different boots - and there's no doubt he was very much aware that this was probably the end of the road for Rush.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

They've been too quiet lately. I wonder what they are up to, if anything.

It's sad really. I try not have to a resentment against Neil, but it IS his fault. If it wasn't for him, they'd be out there touring.

It's almost definitely not sad to Neil.

Who knows what they'd be doing if Neil didn't call it quits?

The extra concert dates might've aggravated Lifeson's hand issues.

Geddy might've shredded his throat into shards of raw ham.

Peart might've had a tour-ending injury during one of his rides between gigs.

I do know that I JUST saw a pic of Geddy with his mum on Mother's Day. He looked happy to me with just his mummy and no gig in sight.

• Like 2

It's sad really. I try not have to a resentment against Neil, but it IS his fault. If it wasn't for him, they'd be out there touring.

I do know that I JUST saw a pic of Geddy with his mum on Mother's Day. He looked happy to me with just his mummy and no gig in sight.

Geddy's throat is already shredded and has been for years now. Apparently he thinks he still sounds great.

• Like 1

Geddy's throat is already shredded and has been for years now. Apparently he thinks he still sounds great.

My point is that you can't truly say "If it weren't for Neil they'd be out there touring" because ANYTHING could've happen between last August and now had they continued the tour.

My point is that you can't truly say "If it weren't for Neil they'd be out there touring" because ANYTHING could've happen between last August and now had they continued the tour.

That's true - anything could have happened, but I still think they would have continued the tour until it did.

That's true - anything could have happened, but I still think they would have continued the tour until it did.

I don't give two Tai Shan, I saw them twice I can't worry aboot those rubes in Europe who didn't fly over.

;)

• Like 1

Don't forget Cactus Pete. Boogieman provided us with a selfie he took right before he passed out during Xanadu. :laughing guy:

One positive I can think of is that no one actually threw up on camera, though I think Cactus Pete came the closest. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

Don't forget Cactus Pete. Boogieman provided us with a selfie he took right before he passed out during Xanadu. :laughing guy:

One positive I can think of is that no one actually threw up on camera, though I think Cactus Pete cam the closest. :LOL:

Knowing this was the last tour motivated me to drink less that day.

• Like 2

My bet would be that Alex and Geddy have written a bit and Neil is focused on his upcoming book.

• Like 1

My bet would be that Alex and Geddy have written a bit and Neil is focused on his upcoming book.

I hope that is true.

The very first periscoper...wasnt it a TV reporter from a Tulsa station? Wow, a year and a day.

• Like 1

The very first periscoper...wasnt it a TV reporter from a Tulsa station? Wow, a year and a day.

I didn't mean to imply that Cactus Pete was in Tulsa. I know he came later (Calgary I think), but he was memorable. :)

One positive I can think of is that no one actually threw up on camera, though I think Cactus Pete cam the closest. :LOL:

Knowing this was the last tour motivated me to drink less that day.

Interesting. I sure drank plenty before (and during) Tulsa, but that's because a) I was with my brother, He Plays Bass, and that always leads to excesses, b) I knew I'd be seeing more of the shows last year, and c) I didn't want my Opening Night interpretive dance moves to be stymied during the concert by anything approaching self-awareness. Despite my impaired condition, I still recall most of Tulsa, and especially, how satisfied I was with the concept and setlist. In that regard, I stayed entirely sober for the Montreal show, as a sort of social experiment (and because I was providing a 'scope and I had seen the scorn you folks heaped on the occasional blotto broadcasters) to see if it affected my enjoyment of the performance. Sobriety really didn't have much impact, but I'm sure my seat mate, Farid, valued my more restrained gyrations. No problem. Beer and spastic convulsions were well represented at Los Angeles.
  • Like 2

I don't give two Tai Shan, I saw them twice I can't worry aboot those rubes in Europe who didn't fly over.

;)

Emoticon or not, that is still an insensitive remark.

• Like 1

;)

Please accept my apology. I will now consider a two week self imposed ban from TRF or listen to Caress of Steel in it's entirety for my transgressions.

;)

Please accept my apology. I will now consider a two week self imposed ban from TRF or listen to Caress of Steel in it's entirety for my transgressions.

Willingly accepted! :LOL:

;)

Willingly accepted! :LOL:

That's a gift if I ever heard one.

Such a great time. I tried very hard to walk in blind to the setlist. I only had about four songs spoiled, and none of the deeper cuts.

When Xanadu came on, I was all "noooo...." (as in 'no way')

When Hemi Prelude came on, I was all "NOOO...."

When the Trailer Park Boys cameo'd the Roll The Bones video, I lol'd

Wish I'd seen all shows in surrounding states, too. Woulda been worth the few hundred dollars total per show.

• Like 4

Am I the only one who has never seen Rush live?

Certainly not, and don't feel bad about that. There's even long time and older members here who unfortunately never got a show.

I tend not to complain that I "only got 4 shows" when some got zero.

• Like 1

Such a great time. I tried very hard to walk in blind to the setlist. I only had about four songs spoiled, and none of the deeper cuts.

Wish I'd seen all shows in surrounding states, too. Woulda been worth the few hundred dollars total per show.

OMG the PMs trying to keep spoilers from you!!!!

The humanity...it was literally months from the first show till you got to see it. Don't ask me to do that again ok? ;)

The humanity...it was literally months from the first show till you got to see it. Don't ask me to do that again ok? ;)

Chat at the time was hot with those talking about the shows, understandably. It was frankly dangerous for me to keep coming in while trying to stay pure.

Chat at the time was hot with those talking about the shows, understandably. It was frankly dangerous for me to keep coming in while trying to stay pure.

We wanted it for you. We did our best.

We wanted it for you. We did our best.

:LOL: :cheers: