Radical Sound Changes

toymaker

And all of what Rush stood for - the individual standing up in the face of the masses and rejecting the pressure of conformity - all that flew out the window ..

I don't see it that way. I see three guys who claim they weren't metal just maturing, growing up, experimenting. They were never hit makers.

This exactly. I always saw Rush as trying new things(even in the 70's), maybe to fit in better maybe to try new technologies, I bet they did gain a lot of new fans in the 80s. I would rather have a band try new things and fail than be stuck in the decade they began.

• Like 1

I actually like 80s Rush a lot more than the stuff they did in the 90s

Besides the rare psychopath, who doesn't?

Like all those psychopaths that surged CP to their highest debut album chart position ever and the four sold out shows in NY whose crowds went bonkers for the CP songs and either fell asleep or got some popcorn during mystic rhythms and time stand still ;)

I know you're playing and Counterparts is easily their best thing from the 90s but come on...

PeW (include it or not, I'm not getting into that stupid debate of 70s vs 80s album)...we still would have:

MP, Sigs, GuP, PoW, HYF, Presto

vs

Bones, Counterparts, T4E

I know, love PeW , MP and Signals bit very overprotective of CP due to all the TRF damage it gets!

Off CP there are maybe two or three songs I don't care about and only dislike one. The rest I quite like. Whereas with Bones, there are three that I really can't stand with a handful that I don't care about...and only three or four tops that I actually like. Off Echo there aren't any I dislike but most of them I don't care about.