TrueRushFan™

JohnRogers

For one horrible moment I thought a rule was going to be "must pretend to like COS", some things i just won't do for a pin.

TrueRushFans looooove Caress of Steel. In fact, many, if not most, of them will tell you it's better than Moving Pictures. But not Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. They made it on to a live album, after all. They might as well be by N'Sync.

Not exactly. They can appreciate COS despite not loving it, they will on occasion give it a listen but never say COS is complete crap...in fact everything before Moving Pictures is crap.

Permanent Waves is crap? Wow.

Clearly I was unclear in my meaning. A TrueRushFan™ appreciates COS and doesn't dislike an entire era of :rush:.

"[E]verything before Moving Pictures is crap," is what you said, and that is pretty unambiguous.

You're talking my words out of context like a sleazy reporter.

Good luck finding a context that makes that statement something a TrueRushFan would say.

1. A TrueRushFan™ is Someone who has an appreciation for the majority of the band's body of work. A TrueRushFan™ doesn't disregard an entire decade or multiple decades of RUSH's career. People who don't like anything Rush has done since 1982 aren't true fans.

2, YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.

3. With exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. Getting married and have two kids is NOT HARDSHIP.

These are the precepts by which I live my life. No matter what you sleazy reporters say I will sleep well tonight. I may even relax with some Presto.

Any person who would say Permanent Waves is crap isn't even a half @ssed Rush fan.

• Like 1

For one horrible moment I thought a rule was going to be "must pretend to like COS", some things i just won't do for a pin.

TrueRushFans looooove Caress of Steel. In fact, many, if not most, of them will tell you it's better than Moving Pictures. But not Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. They made it on to a live album, after all. They might as well be by N'Sync.

Not exactly. They can appreciate COS despite not loving it, they will on occasion give it a listen but never say COS is complete crap...in fact everything before Moving Pictures is crap.

Clearly I was unclear in my meaning. A TrueRushFan™ appreciates COS and doesn't dislike an entire era of :rush:.

"[E]verything before Moving Pictures is crap," is what you said, and that is pretty unambiguous.

Good luck finding a context that makes that statement something a TrueRushFan would say.

1. A TrueRushFan™ is Someone who has an appreciation for the majority of the band's body of work. A TrueRushFan™ doesn't disregard an entire decade or multiple decades of RUSH's career. People who don't like anything Rush has done since 1982 aren't true fans.

3. With exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. Getting married and have two kids is NOT HARDSHIP.

These are the precepts by which I live my life. No matter what you sleazy reporters say I will sleep well tonight. I may even relax with some Presto.

Any person who would say Permanent Waves is crap isn't even a half @ssed Rush fan.

I'm on record from multiple creditable sources stating Permanent Waves is my favorite album. I'm even an official TRF unofficial Permanent Waves ambassador.

Next Question.

I'm on record from multiple creditable sources stating Permanent Waves is my favorite album. I'm even an official TRF unofficial Permanent Waves ambassador.

Next Question.

You are on record in this very chain saying it's crap. Are you not a "creditable" source about your opinions?

Next Question.

You are on record in this very chain saying it's crap. Are you not a "creditable" source about your opinions?

I have stated you took my words out of context. BTW I just spent the last twenty minutes flaming your Twitter account.

Next Question.

I have stated you took my words out of context. BTW I just spent the last twenty minutes flaming your Twitter account.

What wasted time. I don't have one.

Your words are IN THIS THREAD.

Next Question.

Are you not Rick M. Backer, barrister of Somerville, MA??? @RealSlickRickBacker is not your Twitter account?

Next Question.

Are you not Rick M. Backer, barrister of Somerville, MA??? @RealSlickRickBacker is not your Twitter account?

That's my Dad's. ;)

The text needs to turn pink or something when people are being sarcastic. It doesn't transfer very well to the written word.

Oops I got some 'splaining to do...

The last time an Irish guy from Somerville got angry at a guy from Oklahoma, well, read Black Mass. If you're at the lounge some night when an octogenarian with a Red Sox hat comes in saying, "Hey! Where's the fahkin' guy who was shootin' his mouth off on Twittah?" run.

• Like 1

Never argue with an esquire is my motto. :codger:

Mine is, "that's why they make chocolate and vanilla." Or is that just a favorite saying, not a motto? :huh:

:unsure:

I don't know, but John Rogers is going to weep when he finds out that Tai Shan is one of the songs Rush regrets recording. :yes:

• Like 1

I don't love Tai Shan nor loathe it as much as others but it is clear from scientific polling here TRF that if a :rush: song were to be found in a soiled diaper Tai Shan would be it.

Breaking News: the FCC has just issued new regulations. A TrueRushFan™ must have some form of high speed/broadband internet, dial-up service will no longer be acceptable.
  • Like 2

Mine is, "that's why they make chocolate and vanilla." Or is that just a favorite saying, not a motto? :huh:

I don't know, but John Rogers is going to weep when he finds out that Tai Shan is one of the songs Rush regrets recording. :yes:

They regret a song? Impossible. Ask the TrueRushFans. Every album and song are of equal quality.

• Like 1

They regret a song? Impossible. Ask the TrueRushFans. Every album and song are of equal quality.

Some songs are just more equal than others.

• Like 1

Honest. :angel:

Do you think that means that Geddy doesn't make the grade for a TrueRushFan?

Go on my gush thread and watch the Geddy video Chica posted: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99032-the-gush-over-rush-thread/page__st__240#entry3999114

• Like 1

Go on my gush thread and watch the Geddy video Chica posted: http://www.therushfo...40#entry3999114

They all have shitty taste in their own music.

Go on my gush thread and watch the Geddy video Chica posted: http://www.therushfo...40#entry3999114

They all have shitty taste in their own music.

I know. That's always a consolation.

• Like 1

Clearly, that is clear to me. How about you?

He's saying that everything before Moving Pictures is crap.

Yes, but sometimes, people love crap!

• Like 2

I don't love Tai Shan nor loathe it as much as others but it is clear from scientific polling here TRF that if a :rush: song were to be found in a soiled diaper Tai Shan would be it.

I think several years back, there was a poll that had all the least liked Rush tunes on it and Tai Shan didn't win...or lose. Or however you want to think of it. Should look that up.