TrueRushFan™

JohnRogers

I'm close to 90% legal on the records

I already have CoS and don't listen to it. Where's my motivation to buy it? :LOL:

As a millennial with 4 Rush shows, I'll award myself extra points for that

• Like 3

I already have CoS and don't listen to it. Where's my motivation to buy it? :LOL:

What is your opinion of The Synth Era???

1. A TrueRushFan™ is Someone who has an appreciation for the majority of the band's body of work. A TrueRushFan™ doesn't disregard an entire decade or multiple decades of RUSH's career. People who don't like anything Rush has done since 1982 aren't true fans.

2, YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.

3. With exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. Getting married and have two kids is NOT HARDSHIP.

If all three elements apply to you then you are TrueRushFan™. If not you are a more casual fan unworthy of the TrueRushFan™ honor. You may still be a nice person. The TRF has spoken, there will be no debate. 73 pin this post at your earliest convenience.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55599569.jpg

You are a true Rush fan if:

1. You can name your 3 favorite sections of their latest album, Lakeside Necromancer

2. If you bought a Dodge Caravan, just because of the song.

3. You can tell which of the 5 members are Canadien.

Yes I admit these are idiotic...but are any of the other measures any better?

• Like 1

1. You can name your 3 favorite sections of their latest album, Lakeside Necromancer

Yes: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/98869-truerushfan™/#entry3975102

Only those who can't make the cut seem to complain.

Yes: http://www.therushfo...™/#entry3975102

oh no, I must conform or be cast out.
  • Like 1

Yes: http://www.therushfo...™/#entry3975102

oh no, I must conform or be cast out.

True Rush fans can only be cast out

• Like 2

What is your opinion of The Synth Era???

I'm a fan. I considered the CA tour setlist "a treat".

• Like 2

Apparently I'm not a true fan because I only bought 7 albums legally.

Or maybe I wanteed to experience Rush's entire body of work in the shortest time possible after having my mind blown by the progressive rock era without monetary constraints

• Like 1

If TrueRushFans™ are non-conformists, how can we know what makes a TrueRushFan™ since there is no fan mold to conform to? :)

That's deep. :cool:

• Like 2

There seems to be a misunderstanding. If you pay for Spotify or some other music service to enjoy your :rush: you're good. Whether it was a good deal for the band is Ray Daniel's problem.

• Like 1

There seems to be a misunderstanding. If you pay for Spotify or some other music service to enjoy your :rush: you're good. Whether it was a good deal for the band is Ray Daniel's problem.

If you subscribe to spotify you do not own it. You are basically renting it. The service owns it for that purpose. The acts license it.

When you plunk down your hard earned cash (or your hard borrowed cash or hard inherited cash, etc.) for the physical product (it can be downloaded to your hard drive or whatever physical medium) then you do own that product.

• Like 1

If you subscribe to spotify you do not own it. You are basically renting it. The service owns it for that purpose. The acts license it.

When you plunk down your hard earned cash (or your hard borrowed cash or hard inherited cash, etc.) for the physical product (it can be downloaded to your hard drive or whatever physical medium) then you do own that product.

Buying it from Amazon or iTunes counts.

• Like 1

Yes. Sorry my post was in English;).

Yes. Sorry my post was in English;).

Made perfect sense to me. :)