What Terry Brown was up to in April

blueschica

"It was starting to get . . . too much. . . . I didn't want to proceed with a keyboard oriented Rush because I loved Rush the way it was . . . but it was the change they needed to make . . . but it was a great record; I loved it"

Met up with Alex, who "was in a really good space, he's got tunes, he wants to record . . ."

• Like 4

Says he "could go on and on" about Hemispheres . . . . but doesn't. D'oh.

Cites Twilight Zone as his favorite tune - a lot of fun to do.

Resounding "no" from the audience re: getting another drummer. Brown: It wouldn't be Rush.

• Like 4

In the Rush book I have, Geddy said there's a version of Mission (I think it was Mission) that wasn't used for the album and is sitting in a vault.

On the Sector release there is some orchestral stuff brought forth in the mix. Not sure if fhats what he/you are referring to. Just what I know.

I got the book out. Does that version have a choir?

Geddy said that they released the stripped down version of the song. The one that they hope to release one day has an orchestra (brass band) and choir.

Resounding "no" from the audience re: getting another drummer. Brown: It wouldn't be Rush.

:boo hiss:

"I don't have a favorite Rush album I didn't produce, and that's not because I don't like what was done later, but I was busy doing my career and getting on with other things and not working with them any more, so as much as I admire them as musicians, I didn't study the records that they made afterwards; it wasn't going to teach me anything; I have a way of doing it the way I do it, and I wasn't doing it with them any more . . ."
  • Like 4

"I don't have a favorite Rush album I didn't produce, and that's not because I don't like what was done later, but I was busy doing my career and getting on with other things and not working with them any more, so as much as I admire them as musicians, I didn't study the records that they made afterwards; it wasn't going to teach me anything; I have a way of doing it the way I do it, and I wasn't doing it with them any more . . ."

Fates Warning made their two best albums with Broon, Parallels and APSG.

We can hear that. :yes:

• Like 1

Asked if he would "jump at the chance" to do another album with Rush, he responds "Jump would not be the right word, but I would love to do an album with them because I think it would be a lot of fun and it would be nice to be able to see whether or not we could pull that energy back . . . I think we could make a great record"
  • Like 4

Asked if he would "jump at the chance" to do another album with Rush, he responds "Jump would not be the right word, but I would love to do an album with them because I think it would be a lot of fun and it would be nice to be able to see whether or not we could pull that energy back . . . I think we could make a great record"

I would love to hear that! Since I am a huge early Rush fan and not so much a synth era fan, I have always thought that most of their best work was with Brown producing.

• Like 2

From Terry's lips to Geddy's ears. :wub:

• Like 2

How old is he?

800 years old. Like Yoda.

He looks good for his age. He must eat a lot of peas and cauliflower.

Well, that's me screwed then. I don't like cauliflower.... :no: :codger:

• Like 1

:boo hiss:

Later he does say more about Hemispheres - but just the story we've already heard.

Alex should get together with Zombi. That would be sick. Broon could record it.

At first I thought you wrote "Alex should get together with Zumbi" . . .

• Like 1

Alex should get together with Zombi. That would be sick. Broon could record it.

At first I thought you wrote "Alex should get together with Zumbi" . . .

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd be more than happy if they worked with another drummer, called the project something else, and worked with Brown for even a one-off EP.

• Like 3

I'd be more than happy if they worked with another drummer, called the project something else, and worked with Brown for even a one-off EP.

Me too.

No way... No Neil, No Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH! geddy and alex should never work again now that neil doesn't want to! how dare anyone even think of it! geddy and alex have to be RUSH and if they can't be RUSH they can't be anything! hell they probably shouldn't even hang out together because then they might jam and that would be too close to RUSH! jeez people have some respect for the greatest drummer of all time and the band he was the only member of who mattered!

• Like 1

I didn't mention Rush big guy. Read again

• Like 1

In the Rush book I have, Geddy said there's a version of Mission (I think it was Mission) that wasn't used for the album and is sitting in a vault.

It may have ended up on Sector 3.

It may have ended up on Sector 3.

Great minds...Something.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1