What Terry Brown was up to in April

blueschica

OK, the last update on what Rush type people were doing in April! (this one from the RushIsABand website also! It is an awesome place for information- thanks!)

"This year's Rushfest Scotland took place in central Scotland this past weekend. Legendary Rush producer Terry Brown was the special guest speaker and a video of his appearance has been uploaded to YouTube. Terry is interviewed by Paul from The Canadian Music Scene for over an hour and talks about his early days in the music business, working with Rush, and many other subjects, and also spent some time answering fan questions. You can watch the full interview on YouTube and get a complete rundown of how the weekend went including photos and video on the RushFest Scotland Facebook Page."

I posted the Youtube video below- I haven't had time to watch it yet . . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

1 Hour and 24 minutes? Yes someone post the Cliffs Notes version

Between doing this and that, Brown did stuff. Some of the details of said stuff included what was up and what was going down. ;)

So did he get up or get down? And if he did get down did he get back up again?

Between doing this and that, Brown did stuff. Some of the details of said stuff included what was up and what was going down. ;)

It's hard to say in a sentence or two but he didn't back down and he got around while sorting all that stuff out.

It's hard to say in a sentence or two but he didn't back down and he got around while sorting all that stuff out.

But the way I see it these days theres a war on, right? But there must have been a time when there not being war on went away and there being a war on came along. So what I want to know is how did we get from one state of affairs to the other state of affairs.

Some interesting stuff around 26:40 about how involved he was/is working on parts, arrangements and so on - nothing specific, though. Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

Toymaker, get to the nitty-gritty. Did he admit Permanent Waves is an album of the seventies?

I had to stop listening at 32 minutes to look after something here. I'll listen to the rest soon . . .

In the Rush book I have, Geddy said there's a version of Mission (I think it was Mission) that wasn't used for the album and is sitting in a vault.

On the Sector release there is some orchestral stuff brought forth in the mix. Not sure if fhats what he/you are referring to. Just what I know.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures was mixed digitally to 3/4" video tape. Very arduous process because there was no editing capability, so if they noticed a glitch during playback, they had to start over from scratch.
  • Like 4