True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

Im one of those guys who think that aspects of the Synth era are as great as the best aspects if other eras.

And that Waves is an 80's album. Ive felt this way since 1985 and no feeble argument is going to sway me.

Therefore True Rush Fan

There's nothing from the true synth era (GUP - HYF) that is on par with the Hemispheres- MP era. I'd include Signals in the Hemispheres forward run, but Signals is obviously more synth than not.

I think GUP and HYF are better than Hemispheres.

I would take every song but one from both albums over anything from Hems.

Im one of those guys who think that aspects of the Synth era are as great as the best aspects if other eras.

And that Waves is an 80's album. Ive felt this way since 1985 and no feeble argument is going to sway me.

Therefore True Rush Fan

There's nothing from the true synth era (GUP - HYF) that is on par with the Hemispheres- MP era. I'd include Signals in the Hemispheres forward run, but Signals is obviously more synth than not.

Yeah, but you're wrong Segue. :)

I guess I'm a casual fan. They've been one of my favorite bands since 1980. I've seen them 5 times live, 3 times in the early 80s, twice since 2010. I own every album they've released, and I'd guess somewhere around 8-10 boots. When I was a garage band bassist Geddy was my biggest influence (I could once play all of LVS, now I might remember how to plug the thing in). But they sort of lost me with PoW, really lost me with HYF, and I don't think they released a truly solid album after GUP until S&A.

I guess I'm a casual fan. They've been one of my favorite bands since 1980. I've seen them 5 times live, 3 times in the early 80s, twice since 2010. I own every album they've released, and I'd guess somewhere around 8-10 boots. When I was a garage band bassist Geddy was my biggest influence (I could once play all of LVS, now I might remember how to plug the thing in). But they sort of lost me with PoW, really lost me with HYF, and I don't think they released a truly solid album after GUP until S&A.

Nah I would call you a true fan. Anyone who like Snakes is a true Rush fan.

Anyone who likes Rush DESPITE Snakes is a true fan. ;)

• Like 2

Far Cry and Working Them Angels were their best songs in 25 years.

• Like 3

Therefore True Rush Fan

Hes not wrong. Just misguided. ;)

Hemi is stronger than either of those. Hemi, Signals and PoW are all definitive Rush.

Shaddapauface.

What is the difference between a casual fan, a faux fan and a TrueRushFan™???

A casual fan likes the hits, a TRF loves at least one part of the band's catalog, and a faux fan pretends to do one of the two.

Or, more accurately, one likes music you think are sell outs, the other pretends to like music for whatever reason, and the last agrees with everything you do.

That's about as clear as a black bucket filled with mud.

Read it again slowly and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Far Cry and Working Them Angels were their best songs in 25 years.

Working Them Angels was barely their best song since Armor and Sword.

• Like 1

You easily fit into my "real" definition of a TRF.

• Like 1

You easily fit into my "real" definition of a TRF.

True

• Like 1

Shaddapauface.

Think about it.

Or think about it in NFL terms:

The Raiders often suck. They've had their respectable years, good years, and great years BUT they just sometimes suck. That's undeniable. However, many of their fans stick with them year in year out.

I think of Snakes as one of Rush's 5-11 Raiderlike seasons. Yet I'm still there screaming my ass off for the Rush win every season!

[Note: I am not a Raiders fan]

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Therefore True Rush Fan

YOU ARE WRONGERERER!!

Eat my poo

Shaddapauface.

Think about it.

The Raiders often suck. They've had their respectable years, good years, and great years BUT they just sometimes suck. That's undeniable. However, many of their fans stick with them year in year out.

I think of Snakes as one of Rush's 5-11 Raiderlike seasons. Yet I'm still there screaming my ass off for the Rush win every season!

Golden!!!

Yes. I hope they become the Las Vegas Raiders.

• Like 1

A true fan is objective, at least 50, and doesn't act like a 12 yr old Bieber fan. A true fan is not easily offended by contrarian views about the band and lastly a true fan can laugh at himself.

Most of TRF are not true fans.

A true fan is objective, at least 50, and doesn't act like a 12 yr old Bieber fan. A true fan is not easily offended by contrarian views about the band and lastly a true fan can laugh at himself.

The forums only true Rush fan has now spoken.

/thread

• Like 1

/thread

Absolutely not, but I'm in that club. You never will be.

/thread

Absolutely not, but I'm in that club. You never will be.

The hell you say. Ill beat you with that club. Biznatch ;)

Shaddapauface.

Think about it.

Here's the flaw in your analogy: When the Raiders go 2-14, do the fans say that the team had a great year? Or do they say, "I'm a Raider fan, but they s*cked this year"? Here's another flaw: If a sports team was, at best, mediocre between 1985 and 2007, what do you think their attendance numbers would have been like as time went on?

A lot of great games were played between 1985 and 2007. Edited by JohnRogers

Or herself. ;)

Or herself. ;)

Tony believes women should only listen to music in the kitchen while cooking and that starving artists have no right to healthcare.

• Like 1