True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

It's all about how much money you've spent on the band. Somewhere there's a thread that somebody started...

Here it is:

http://www.therushfo...t-on-this-band/

The true measure would be a ratio of money spent to income. Some folks travel all over the country and see multiple shows but also make a shit ton of money so it's not a problem. It's the knuckleheads who do that but don't make much money and run up credit card bills that are the real fans.

Ratio or not, I'd never judge fandom based on money.

When I was 10, I spent zero money on Rush despite an allowance and inventive ways to make money. I was already a massive fan by then though.

These days, despite having a regular job, I haven't spent any money on Rush in several months. Maybe years? I haven't bought any of the R40 stuff.

But anyone that knows me wouldn't say I'm less of a fan than say 20 years ago when I was in uni.

Money isn't a good way to judge this.

In addition to Rush, I am a big fan of Toymaker . .

And Toymaker knows how to be facetious with the best of 'em

Even better

• Like 2

It's all about how much money you've spent on the band. Somewhere there's a thread that somebody started...

Here it is:

The true measure would be a ratio of money spent to income. Some folks travel all over the country and see multiple shows but also make a shit ton of money so it's not a problem. It's the knuckleheads who do that but don't make much money and run up credit card bills that are the real fans.

When I was 10, I spent zero money on Rush despite an allowance and inventive ways to make money. I was already a massive fan by then though.

These days, despite having a regular job, I haven't spent any money on Rush in several months. Maybe years? I haven't bought any of the R40 stuff.

But anyone that knows me wouldn't say I'm less of a fan than say 20 years ago when I was in uni.

Even better

Actually, I didn't even read his post. I was referring to Ford's.

Here it is:

Even better

Actually, I didn't even read his post. I was referring to Ford's.

That could be a problem

• Like 1

A true fan is someone who loves All of the bands output, including Tai Shan. Listens to them almost exclusively. Thinks no one in the band can do any wrong. Every concert is perfect, every reissue and greatest hits are worth paying for. Have walls and shelves covered in rush gear.

More or less, those are the characteristics.

TrueRushFan™

Fanboi™

Here it is:

Even better

Well, now, Lucas, I don't know.

How many times have you been to see Toymaker?

Do you own all of his albums?

Do you have any Toymaker t-shirts?

Do you own a Toymaker bobblehead?

How about a Toymaker bar stool?

If you can answer yes to all of these questions, we will be sending the men in white coats to your door.

• Like 3

How much of a fan does it make you if you have been a fan since the 70's compared to a fan that's just recently come into the fold? Surely seniority must count for something.
  • Like 1

How much of a fan does it make you if you have been a fan since the 70's compared to a fan that's just recently come into the fold? Surely seniority must count for something.

No seniority doesn't count for much if you only enjoy songs from 1975 through 1981.

Ah, yes! The fan who has toiled in the Rush fold for decades compared to the fan of the eleventh hour. We can make a parable out of this.

• Like 1

Ah, yes! The fan who has toiled in the Rush fold for decades compared to the fan of the eleventh hour. We can make a parable out of this.

Seniority isn't an accurate method to measure true fandom either.

MIND READING is the only way to determine a true fan from a casual fan or an oscillating fan!

http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BI108/BI108_2005_Groups/01/professor%20x.jpg

• Like 2

My last truck had plates that said 21twlve. The new one is gonna have twnty112.

Do I qualify yet?

I don't know. Do folks pass by your truck and give you strange looks? Do young girls keep more than a two car distance between your truck and them?

MIND READING is the only way to determine a true fan from a casual fan or an oscillating fan!

How do we contact him?

My last truck had plates that said 21twlve. The new one is gonna have twnty112.

Do I qualify yet?

I don't know. Do folks pass by your truck and give you strange looks? Do young girls keep more than a two car distance between your truck and them?

I get thumbs ups at DT and Rush shows. That was about it. Kind of Meh actually... About 7 people besides me thought it was cool. Lol.

How do we contact him?

Send over Worf and Data?

How do we contact him?

1407 Graymalkin Lane

Salem Center, New York

How do we contact him?

Send over Worf and Data?

Wrong gig

No seniority doesn't count for much if you only enjoy songs from 1975 through 1981.

But who said that? I'm just talking generally.

It's kind of like Christianity where you can be forgiven if you confess on your deathbed even if you've lived a life doing horrible things.

Not to bring religion into it, it just reminded me of that.

• Like 1

But who said that? I'm just talking generally.

I was just using that as an example. Apologies for any confusion.

• Like 1

Is a new priest any less a priest than an old guy?

A young cop or trooper?

I DO think new underwear is much better underwear than old underwear though.

That depends on whose underwear you are referring to

Here it is:

Even better

Well, now, Lucas, I don't know.

How many times have you been to see Toymaker?

Do you own all of his albums?

Do you have any Toymaker t-shirts?

Do you own a Toymaker bobblehead?

How about a Toymaker bar stool?

If you can answer yes to all of these questions, we will be sending the men in white coats to your door.

I will happily sell you all of these things if you are interested . . .