True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

There is no "true fan". Everyone has their own level of fandom and no one has the right to tell someone otherwise.

You sound like me.

Is that good?

There is no "true fan". Everyone has their own level of fandom and no one has the right to tell someone otherwise.

Love your latest avatar! Hayley Mills as Pollyanna!

I chose that specifically for some of the members here who seem to have that outlook or personality. If there can be sarcasm in an avatar, that would be it.

Incorrect, we are developing the criteria right here in this thread. Then the Bourgeoisie will vote on it in another poll. Sounds like you're worried you won't make the TrueRushFan™ cut.

Frankly, I couldn't care less and if tested, I would almost certainly be asked to leave "the club". I've been listening to Rush since about 1978 and there are still songs that I couldn't correctly identify or tell you what album they came from. Sue me.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Incorrect, we are developing the criteria right here in this thread. Then the Bourgeoisie will vote on it in another poll. Sounds like you're worried you won't make the TrueRushFan™ cut.

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

Just had look word up in web.

I learned things for new.

You want cupcake?

The imbecilic of this thread is beneath the level of the lumpenproletariat.

I consider myself a true fan because i am a fan of each era.However I am not obsessive about owning everything thing like Rush shoelaces or golf bags but anything new in music or video i'll grab.My late brother in law was a true Rolling Stones fan.His collection was that immense that Bill Wyman made contact with him.Who else would own a hundred plus vinyl copies of Sticky Fingers all apparently different in some way.I never go more than three days without listening,watching,reading or strumming on my guitar something Rush.Oh and i check this website everyday.Now don't tell Neal,obsessive fan alert.

If you was a true Rush fan then you would be able to spell the drummer name correct... It is Neil..... not Neal....

It looks like your sig pic is Geddy telling grasbo to get out of here.

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

You want cupcake?

Another guy afraid he won't make the TrueRushFan™ cut.

I consider myself a true fan because i am a fan of each era.However I am not obsessive about owning everything thing like Rush shoelaces or golf bags but anything new in music or video i'll grab.My late brother in law was a true Rolling Stones fan.His collection was that immense that Bill Wyman made contact with him.Who else would own a hundred plus vinyl copies of Sticky Fingers all apparently different in some way.I never go more than three days without listening,watching,reading or strumming on my guitar something Rush.Oh and i check this website everyday.Now don't tell Neal,obsessive fan alert.

If you was a true Rush fan then you would be able to spell the drummer name correct... It is Neil..... not Neal....

Boo you bore.

Oh dear apologies about the misspell but was early morning when i posted(4.30)am couldn't sleep,bleary eyed,thinking about Rush. :oops: :facepalm: :sundog:
  • Like 1

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

You want cupcake?

Please don't lumpen me in with those guys.

Are you kidding me ??

True fan ?

Who else can say that they has dinner with, then ****** Neil Peart AND The Runaways, all in the same night ??

geeeesh

http://s26.postimg.org/6gl4byy2h/Lucas_Runaways_Neil2.jpg

• Like 5

I have a feeling this thread will lead to 'conform or be cast out'.

Can't conform to anything if everyone has a different definition of 'true fan'.

Spoken like a true member of the 90%.

;)

:LOL:

I think I may actually try and calculate my percentage.

So I actually DID calculate it...

77% of songs I rated as GOOD or better.

OKAY was not counted.

Liking just PARTS of a song were not counted.

2112 and such epics were counted as one song, rating it as GOOD or better.

I am not a true fan because I was told I needed to make the 90% minimum. I also don't have any Rush tattoos, Rush bootlegs, Rush bobble heads, Rush stickers, Rush socks, Rush jockstraps, or Rush prophylactics.

Whoa is me.

:blaze:

;)

OKAY was not counted.

I am not a true fan because I was told I needed to make the 90% minimum. I also don't have any Rush tattoos, Rush bootlegs, Rush bobble heads, Rush stickers, Rush socks, Rush jockstraps, or Rush prophylactics.

Whoa is me.

*Woe

;)

OKAY was not counted.

Woe is me.

*Woe

Woe woe woe whoa on the woes

• Like 1

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

Looks like I just made it, no thanks to Bones & Snakes. ;)

I'm just a FAN, I don't care to be real or true.....just a long time fan since 78'. That's me right there that S&A album I have major difficulty getting into and I do love T4E. 50 concert shows only missed Counterparts since GUP so I gather I should be good unlike Hitler who thinks COS is the greatest album of all time.

You sound like me.

Is that good?

Love your latest avatar! Hayley Mills as Pollyanna!

I chose that specifically for some of the members here who seem to have that outlook or personality. If there can be sarcasm in an avatar, that would be it.

Frankly, I couldn't care less and if tested, I would almost certainly be asked to leave "the club". I've been listening to Rush since about 1978 and there are still songs that I couldn't correctly identify or tell you what album they came from. Sue me.

Wish I had thought of it. :)

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

Looks like I just made it, no thanks to Bones & Snakes. ;)

I'm just a FAN, I don't care to be real or true.....just a long time fan since 78'.

Your call man but you'll miss out on some great discounts from AARP.

Congrats, John Rogers! :cheers: Your brand new and never before discussed anywhere ever thread is coming along splendidly! :codger:

It looks like we're getting close to having enough criteria to start the poll.

John Rogers, let's sneak the poll in this section. 73 will never notice.

DO IT!

DO IT!

John Rogers will be the culprit do it. In case you haven't noticed, he does have a way with coining a phrase and a way with words in general. :)

DO IT!

John Rogers will be the culprit do it. In case you haven't noticed, he does have a way with coining a phrase and a way with words in general. :)

Yes, the way he says "pubic lice" is unparalleled.

• Like 2

DO IT!

Public lice on the rocks is my poison of choice.

• Like 2

DO IT!

Indeed. :cheers: