True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

Looks like I just made it, no thanks to Bones & Snakes. ;)

Its a wonder I even like you Johnny.

Edited by Digital Dad

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

Its a wonder I even like You Johnny.

Now let's take a look at your sentence, DD, shall we?

Take note of the fact that you wrote "You Johnny."

It looks like, DD, you may more than like JohnnyBlaze.

How do you feel about that? :cool:

Edited by Lorraine

Ewwww is that like making out with your sister???

Huh?? What in the name of Cygnus are You talking about?

Ewwww is that like making out with your sister???

I can't find an appropriate emoticon.

• Like 1

Huh?? What in the name of Cygnus are You talking about?

I saw what you did. :facepalm:

:cheers:

Scratch the comma comment. :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine

There is no "true fan". Everyone has their own level of fandom and no one has the right to tell someone otherwise.

You sound like me.

There is no "true fan". Everyone has their own level of fandom and no one has the right to tell someone otherwise.

Love your latest avatar! Hayley Mills as Pollyanna!

In Search Of The Castaways was my favourite Hayley Mills film growing up!

• Like 1

Incorrect, we are developing the criteria right here in this thread. Then the Bourgeoisie will vote on it in another poll. Sounds like you're worried you won't make the TrueRushFan™ cut.

• Like 3

Incorrect, we are developing the criteria right here in this thread. Then the Bourgeoisie will vote on it in another poll. Sounds like you're worried you won't make the TrueRushFan™ cut.

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

• Like 2

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

• Like 3

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

Just had look word up in web.

I learned things for new.

You want cupcake?

• Like 1

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

You want cupcake?

Yes proletarian, unfortunately you will not be allowed to vote in the poll but you can contribute here.

• Like 1

I make cupcake.

You want cupcake?

Have cupcake.

Proletarian!

You want cupcake?

Yes proletarian, unfortunately you will not be allowed to vote in the poll but you can contribute here.

Lemme vote, punk!

Or ima gonna gut you like a fesh.

Its a wonder I even like you Johnny.

Not counting songs I think are just "okay" or "I like parts of (song name)", I LIKE a mere 7 out of 23 songs off Bones & Snakes. That's 30.43% that'll help stoke the fires of dislike. :blaze:

• Like 1

I consider myself a true fan because i am a fan of each era.However I am not obsessive about owning everything thing like Rush shoelaces or golf bags but anything new in music or video i'll grab.My late brother in law was a true Rolling Stones fan.His collection was that immense that Bill Wyman made contact with him.Who else would own a hundred plus vinyl copies of Sticky Fingers all apparently different in some way.I never go more than three days without listening,watching,reading or strumming on my guitar something Rush.Oh and i check this website everyday.Now don't tell Neal,obsessive fan alert.

If you was a true Rush fan then you would be able to spell the drummer name correct... It is Neil..... not Neal....

I consider myself a true fan because i am a fan of each era.However I am not obsessive about owning everything thing like Rush shoelaces or golf bags but anything new in music or video i'll grab.My late brother in law was a true Rolling Stones fan.His collection was that immense that Bill Wyman made contact with him.Who else would own a hundred plus vinyl copies of Sticky Fingers all apparently different in some way.I never go more than three days without listening,watching,reading or strumming on my guitar something Rush.Oh and i check this website everyday.Now don't tell Neal,obsessive fan alert.

If you was a true Rush fan then you would be able to spell the drummer name correct... It is Neil..... not Neal....

Boo you bore.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this thread will lead to 'conform or be cast out'.

You move me, you move me

...me bowels

Can't conform to anything if everyone has a different definition of 'true fan'.

Spoken like a true member of the 90%.

;)

Zumbi with the smack down!

You're probably right. However tragic it is probably necessary. I hear The Triumph Forum is always looking for members and the Max Webster Forum is looking for mods to control the 166 members who post there.

• Like 1