True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

I can tell you that with out a doubt I am a rush fan .. and that's the truth as I know it ... but I don't listen to them all that much .. and when I do it's usually 2112, Farewell or Moving Pics ... I've only seen them once ... I am probably more of a casual fan by most standards ... but they are one of my favorite bands so I think I am a "true Fan" Edited by Amps211

I can tell you that with out a doubt I am a rush fan .. and that's the truth as I know it ... but I don't listen to them all that much .. and when I do it's usually 2112, Farewell or Moving Pics ... I've only seen them once ... I am probably more of a casual fan by most standards ... but they are one of my favorite bands so I think I am a "true Fan"

No, you are a casual fan not a TrueRushFan™ and that is okay. We can still be friends.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

What is the difference between a casual fan, a faux fan and a True RUSH Fan???

Easy answers dude but I appreciate the deep insightful question.

First you MUST have an appreciation, respect and enjoyment of 90% of the band's music/songs. That 90% must come from all three eras. The Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and the Modern Era.

B: with exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. PM me if you need to fill out the proper form for a Hardship Waiver. I'm warning y'all now getting married and have two crumb crunchers is NOT HARDSHIP.

3: YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.

Does this make me a TrueRushFan™?

What is the difference between a casual fan, a faux fan and a True RUSH Fan???

Easy answers dude but I appreciate the deep insightful question.

First you MUST have an appreciation, respect and enjoyment of 90% of the band's music/songs. That 90% must come from all three eras. The Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and the Modern Era.

B: with exceptions for Millennials and EXTREME hardship you MUST have attended three live shows. PM me if you need to fill out the proper form for a Hardship Waiver. I'm warning y'all now getting married and have two crumb crunchers is NOT HARDSHIP.

3: YOU MUST LEGALLY own 90% of the band's music/songs. Format doesn't matter.

Does this make me a TrueRushFan™?

Does what???

Allow me to be of some use here.

ple·o·nasm/ˈplēəˌnazəm/noun

the use of more words than are necessary to convey meaning (e.g., see with one's eyes ), either as a fault of style or for emphasis.

Your giving provision of that explanatory definition was helpfully assisting in our understanding to know the meaning of that jargony arcane word-term.

• Like 1

A true fan is is anyone who stuck with the band after listening to Test For Echo.

I just revisited Test for Echo at least 90% of it is awesome.

• Like 1

I consider myself a true fan because i am a fan of each era.However I am not obsessive about owning everything thing like Rush shoelaces or golf bags but anything new in music or video i'll grab...I never go more than three days without listening,watching,reading or strumming on my guitar something Rush. Oh and i check this website everyday.Now don't tell Neal,obsessive fan alert.

TrueRushFan™

I can tell you that with out a doubt I am a rush fan .. and that's the truth as I know it ... but I don't listen to them all that much .. and when I do it's usually 2112, Farewell or Moving Pics ... I've only seen them once ... I am probably more of a casual fan by most standards ... but they are one of my favorite bands so I think I am a "true Fan"

No, you are a casual fan not a TrueRushFan™ and that is okay. We can still be friends.

I think I am a true fan of any band I really like ... I think I just don't like the term "true fan" .. because the opposite of true is false ... and the only way I would be a false fan is if I said I really liked them ... but in reality I was just lying about it

I used to be a major Rush fanboy, but then again Rush used to produce really good albums. ;)

I respect that. You're no TrueRushFan™. You're being honest in what you are.

We can still be friends.

Still? ;)

A true fan is someone who loves All of the bands output, including Tai Shan. Listens to them almost exclusively. Thinks no one in the band can do any wrong. Every concert is perfect, every reissue and greatest hits are worth paying for. Have walls and shelves covered in rush gear.

More or less, those are the characteristics.

TrueRushFan™

I used to be a major Rush fanboy, but then again Rush used to produce really good albums. ;)

I respect that. You're no TrueRushFan™. You're being honest in what you are.

We can still be friends.

Still? ;)

:LOL:

Allow me to be of some use here.

ple·o·nasm/ˈplēəˌnazəm/noun

the use of more words than are necessary to convey meaning (e.g., see with one's eyes ), either as a fault of style or for emphasis.

Ok....for a minute my mind wandered off to climbing the rope in gym class....

It depends on the speed of the fan...low, medium or high.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I'll be here all week folks...try the veal special.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

Is it real veal or those icky veal patties?

Is it real veal or those icky veal patties?

I'm just the entertainment ma'am and not the cook.
  • Like 1

A true fan recognises that the baby boomers had the best time, the slackers had the worst time and the Millenials are too focused on social media to recognise great music.

So a True Rush fan must be wiser than all three, and possibly hail from Panacea. And look good in kimonos.

So yes. I am a true Rush fan.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.
  • Like 1

Is that an appreciation of 90% of each album or 90% of their music as a whole because the second option leaves a lot more wiggle room.

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

• Like 1

90% of the band's music over the three distinct eras, Golden BROON Era, The Synth Era and Modern Era.

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

So basically you can detest around 2 full albums of songs and still be in the clear. :LOL:

Looks like I just made it, no thanks to Bones & Snakes. ;)

• Like 1