True RUSH Fan: what makes a fan a true? BRAND NEW TOPIC never discussed, ARE YOU A REAL FAN, A TRUE FAN? What makes you think so???

JohnRogers

John Rogers, let's sneak the poll in this section. 73 will never notice.

DO IT!

John Rogers will be the culprit do it. In case you haven't noticed, he does have a way with coining a phrase and a way with words in general. :)

Yes, the way he says "pubic lice" is unparalleled.

Public lice on the rocks is my poison of choice.

;)

I aim to please friend.

• Like 1

John Rogers, let's sneak the poll in this section. 73 will never notice.

DO IT!

John Rogers will be the culprit do it. In case you haven't noticed, he does have a way with coining a phrase and a way with words in general. :)

Yes, the way he says "pubic lice" is unparalleled.

Public lice on the rocks is my poison of choice.

;)

I aim to please friend.

Why does this exchange make me think of that Neil Diamond song, Love on the Rocks?

:huh:

Well, apparently I've just learned via a thread in the R40 forum that in order to be a true fan, you must like every single aspect of Rush that has ever been created.

Guess that just means I'm a 35 year lifelong "fan" that only loves them enough to the point of permanently marking my body with a sign showing the world how much I

love them, but not a true fan.

• Like 1

Easiest question ever.

"Real fans" skip over songs from MP or PeW. They know that only "posers" like the songs that enjoy mainstream approval. "Real fans" like the obscure stuff. And "real fans" don't think Geddy Lee sounded better 30 years ago. Or that any album they ever released was in any way, shape or form disappointing.

Easiest question ever.

"Real fans" skip over songs from MP or PeW. They know that only "posers" like the songs that enjoy mainstream approval. "Real fans" like the obscure stuff. And "real fans" don't think Geddy Lee sounded better 30 years ago. Or that any album they ever released was in any way, shape or form disappointing.

We need a separate category for Kool-Aid fans.

Easiest question ever.

If they skip over songs from MP or PeW, then they must be disappointed in some songs.

Easiest question ever.

We need a separate category for Kool-Aid fans.

That's a good idea! :cheers:

• Like 1

Easiest question ever.

If they skip over songs from MP or PeW, then they must be disappointed in some songs.

Mick despises Witch Hunt and Vital Signs.

:sigh:

Well, apparently I've just learned via a thread in the R40 forum that in order to be a true fan, you must like every single aspect of Rush that has ever been created.

Guess that just means I'm a 35 year lifelong "fan" that only loves them enough to the point of permanently marking my body with a sign showing the world how much.

I love them, but not a true fan.

Every aspect??? That might be too much. Loathing an entire era of their music? One might question that tattoo choice.

Easiest question ever.

That is crazy talk. Which is why we need common sense criteria for what is a TrueRushFan™ like suggestions in this thread.

Edited by JohnRogers

Guess that just means I'm a 35 year lifelong "fan" that only loves them enough to the point of permanently marking my body with a sign showing the world how much.

Every aspect??? That might be too much. Loathing an entire era of their music? One might question that tattoo choice.

Easiest question ever.

That is crazy talk. Which is why we need common sense criteria for what is a TrueRushFan™ like suggestions in this thread.

Where are we going to find common sense criteria on this forum?

Better add one of these ;) before some humorless soul thinks I'm serious.

Edited by Lorraine

Easiest question ever.

Where are we going to find common sense criteria on this forum?

Better add one of these ;) before some humorless soul thinks I'm serious.

I ALWAYS OFFER COMMON SENSE

*from a millenial perspective

• Like 1

The only true Rush fan was the guy that I saw in Saratoga in 2013. He had a tattoo on his body from every single Rush release. That included the live albums and Greatest Hit packages and repackages. Every. freaking. one.

About how old was he?

The only true Rush fan was the guy that I saw in Saratoga in 2013. He had a tattoo on his body from every single Rush release. That included the live albums and Greatest Hit packages and repackages. Every. freaking. one.

About how old was he?

I'm guessing late 40's or early 50's. It was hard to tell. He looked pretty road-worn from excess.

About how old was he?

I'm guessing late 40's or early 50's. It was hard to tell. He looked pretty road-worn from excess.

I find that very sad and pathetic.

• Like 3

It's all about how much money you've spent on the band. Somewhere there's a thread that somebody started...

Here it is:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/93946-how-much-have-you-spent-on-this-band/

Edited by toymaker

It's all about how much money you've spent on the band. Somewhere there's a thread that somebody started...

Here it is:

http://www.therushfo...t-on-this-band/

But if you are a man of humble and limited means as myself, but still fanatical for the music, the amount of money spent should be no qualifier here. If I could I would spend endless amounts of cash on Rush (and Beatles) related material. But I have to be selective. No less crazy for those bands, though.

• Like 2

Here it is:

But if you are a man of humble and limited means as myself, but still fanatical for the music, the amount of money spent should be no qualifier here. If I could I would spend endless amounts of cash on Rush (and Beatles) related material. But I have to be selective. No less crazy for those bands, though.

No tm required for your honest brand of fanaticism.

• Like 1

Here it is:

The true measure would be a ratio of money spent to income. Some folks travel all over the country and see multiple shows but also make a shit ton of money so it's not a problem. It's the knuckleheads who do that but don't make much money and run up credit card bills that are the real fans.

• Like 1

Here it is:

The true measure would be a ratio of money spent to income. Some folks travel all over the country and see multiple shows but also make a shit ton of money so it's not a problem. It's the knuckleheads who do that but don't make much money and run up credit card bills that are the real fans.

Ratio or not, I'd never judge fandom based on money.

When I was 10, I spent zero money on Rush despite an allowance and inventive ways to make money. I was already a massive fan by then though.

These days, despite having a regular job, I haven't spent any money on Rush in several months. Maybe years? I haven't bought any of the R40 stuff.

But anyone that knows me wouldn't say I'm less of a fan than say 20 years ago when I was in uni.

Money isn't a good way to judge this.