treeduck

Robert De Niro doesn't speak in public often but when he does, people listen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/22/16/3370DC3900000578-0-image-a-1_1461339078786.jpg

The elusive actor had everyone's rapt attention as he poked fun - or holes - in his most repeated line in Taxi Driver at the film's 40th anniversary screening Thursday at New York's Beacon Theatre.

Leveling the audience with his squint-eyed grin, De Niro, 72, described how for '40 f***ing years' people have been coming up to him and regaling him with 'You talkin' to me?' impressions, according to the New York Daily News.

'Forty years,' the acting vet began. 'Every day for 40 f***ing years, at least one of you has come up to me and said - what do you think - "You talkin' to me?"'

Before the lights dimmed, De Niro instructed everyone in the theater to say the line together and then cautioned them not to laugh when they heard him say it on the screen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/22/16/3370DC6100000578-0-image-a-2_1461339095399.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/22/16/3370DC4B00000578-0-image-a-4_1461339111084.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/22/16/336C6E6500000578-0-Back_together_again_Forty_years_after_its_box_office_release_the-a-7_1461339804307.jpg

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

I thought to myself when I looked at her "That can't be Cybil Shepherd. It doesn't even look like her."

:(

What did she do to her face? :scared:

She's 66...and looks pretty good for 66 imo.

I thought to myself when I looked at her "That can't be Cybil Shepherd. It doesn't even look like her."

You missed my point.

That doesn't even look like her. If it wasn't for her still having the hairstyle she's had since the seventies, I wouldn't have even thought it was her at all.

Whatever these famous people are doing to their faces to keep them still looking "young", I wish they would stop, because it alters them beyond recognition.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing- that she looked kind of rough or something, but not like herself. Those cheeks are scary. :o I admire Susan Sarandon because she is 69 and looks very natural and pretty, IMO. Supposedly she has said she will not ever be having botox or plastic surgery.

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing- that she looked kind of rough or something, but not like herself. Those cheeks are scary. :o I admire Susan Sarandon because she is 69 and looks very natural and pretty, IMO. Supposedly she has said she will not ever be having botox or plastic surgery.

I saw a picture of Susan the other day and she looks the same - older - but the same. Sally Field too - older, but the same.

• Like 1

You missed my point.

That doesn't even look like her. If it wasn't for her still having the hairstyle she's had since the seventies, I wouldn't have even thought it was her at all.

Whatever these famous people are doing to their faces to keep them still looking "young", I wish they would stop, because it alters them beyond recognition.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-i-m-afraid-to-start-plastic-surgery-and-my-breasts-are-so-versatile-now-i-can-wear-them-cybill-shepherd-117-17-57.jpg

I know that's Jody Foster, but I don't recognize any of the others with him.

Harvey Keitel, Martin Scorsese, Cyill Shepherd, I'm not sure who the other two guys are, could be the screenwriter?

That would be Paul Schraeder. He even wrote the underrated Bringing Out The Dead for Marty.

• Like 2

I know that's Jody Foster, but I don't recognize any of the others with him.

Harvey Keitel, Martin Scorsese, Cyill Shepherd, I'm not sure who the other two guys are, could be the screenwriter?

That would be Paul Schraeder. He even wrote the underrated Bringing Out The Dead for Marty.

Aye.

But where is Albert Brooks??