PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

I only saw it on the news, but I thought that the seconds I saw of madge's tribute to Prince was pitiful.

shame on you, Billboard people!!!

Push aside the spectacle and pomp, it's all style over substance. Madonna can't sing, especially "Nothing Compares 2 U". Other than a few songs, I never got the Madonna adoration.

Madonna's first album was great, in my opinion. She's been on a roller coaster of highs and lows musically ever since. You are correct ReRushed, sadly, she has no voice and is, again in my opinion, not very entertaining these days.

Agreed wholeheartedly! I actually think her run of albums up to Like A Prayer is fantastic. What she lacked in vocal ability she more than made up for with songs and charisma. After that, only Bedtime Stories and Ray Of Light hit the mark. Aside from the rare killer single...

I used to think she was an icon but her star has faded dramatically over time.

I only saw it on the news, but I thought that the seconds I saw of madge's tribute to Prince was pitiful.

shame on you, Billboard people!!!

Push aside the spectacle and pomp, it's all style over substance. Madonna can't sing, especially "Nothing Compares 2 U". Other than a few songs, I never got the Madonna adoration.

Madonna's first album was great, in my opinion. She's been on a roller coaster of highs and lows musically ever since. You are correct ReRushed, sadly, she has no voice and is, again in my opinion, not very entertaining these days.

I don't want to hate on Madonna. There are several things she has done that are very good and inspired.

Like this...

Lacuna Coil just released a gorgeous cover of this song...

The medical industry in this country is criminal ..

Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opioid, and opioids will actually make chronic pain worse over time .. These pharmaceutical drugs and what they cause in the body are frightening ..

Chronic pain can be unbearable, but when your doctor is giving you something that will make it worse, that is inexcusable

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/05/30/cu-boulder-study-narcotic-painkillers-cause-chronic-pain/

I cannot believe it came to this .. tragic is an understatement

I agree, Lucas, absolutely. Deaths like this hit really close to home for me (for reasons other than, in this case, Prince's immense talent).

From what I've read so far, I don't think they've said whether he actually had a prescription for it in the first place, or if he was getting it through other means.

• Like 1

Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opioid, and opioids will actually make chronic pain worse over time .. These pharmaceutical drugs and what they cause in the body are frightening ..

Chronic pain can be unbearable, but when your doctor is giving you something that will make it worse, that is inexcusable

http://www.denverpos...e-chronic-pain/

I agree, Lucas, absolutely. Deaths like this hit really close to home for me (for reasons other than, in this case, Prince's immense talent).

From what I've read so far, I don't think they've said whether he actually had a prescription for it in the first place, or if he was getting it through other means.

It was reported that Prince was making frequent visits to Walgreens Pharmacy in the days leading up to his death .. There are also photos of him in Walgreens parking lot the night before he was found dead, wearing the same clothes ..

This is unacceptable in this day and age - it is so tragic

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/03/prince-death-clothes-outfit-walgreens-pharmacy-photo/

http://www.denverpos...e-chronic-pain/

It was reported that Prince was making frequent visits to Walgreens Pharmacy in the days leading up to his death .. There are also photos of him in Walgreens parking lot the night before he was found dead, wearing the same clothes ..

This is unacceptable in this day and age - it is so tragic

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/03/prince-death-clothes-outfit-walgreens-pharmacy-photo/

it will be interesting to see if all of th scripts the doctor(s) wrote for him were all in his name or if he had associates getting scripts filled under their names and giving them to him. If the latter is true the doctor(s) and associates could be in some trouble. I've read that fentanyl was the med he OD'd on. It's supposed to be a patch that releases a specific amount of active ingredient over time but some people have been known to scrape th patches and inject the active ingredient all at once which can be extremely dangerous.

• Like 1

Also, we have had an issue down here recently with street Xanax laced with fentanyl killing people. I don't think the authorities know if this was an accident when the counterfeits were made or a real attempt to kill people as these "cocktails" are very dangerous. Since they look like the real deal the victims had no idea what was being ingested.
  • Like 1

Don't these stars have assistants that are supposed to be looking after them? WTF.

Fire them. Fire them all.

Also, we have had an issue down here recently with street Xanax laced with fentanyl killing people. I don't think the authorities know if this was an accident when the counterfeits were made or a real attempt to kill people as these "cocktails" are very dangerous. Since they look like the real deal the victims had no idea what was being ingested.

We have a rash of accidental deaths here from drugs - mostly heroin and cocaine cut with lethal stuff. Just read yesterday about a bad batch of coke cut with acetylfentanyl.

Don't these stars have assistants that are supposed to be looking after them? WTF.

They end up being yes men/women and getting the scripts to stay in the gravy train.

Prince was an extremely intelligent and inquisitive guy - watching interviews with him, he spoke of so many things outside of music ..

No offense to someone like Johnny Thunders ( who I really like ), but this was not a case of overdosing like a Johnny Thunders or some mindless binging - ala your typical junkie ..

I cannot imagine Prince having a death wish, as I believe is the case with some

Prince was in pain, and he was lead down a very dangerous path by medical professionals ... That should not happen

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Wasn't the fentanyl self-administered? If so, was it obtained legally or illegally?

Well, he was at the Walgreens the night before - wearing the same clothes he was found in ..

I supposed it could still be with another person's prescription, however, that doesn't really explain why he was there at the pharmacy ..

He'd been seen there all week

Doctor's have to be held accountable for all the drugs they are writing up for people at some point.
  • Like 1

I don't think we will know the exact details concerning his death for some time. If doctors were prescribing the drugs up until his death they should be held accountable. If Prince obtained the drugs through illegal means or manipulation those who helped him should be held accountable.
  • Like 1

Today I believe PRINCE would have been 58 I think....HAPPY BIRTHDAY .....wherever you are don't let Ali party too much.

Shared from Morris Day,

https://www.facebook.com/316507635225335/videos/468400883369342/

Really kool slowed down version of Lets Go Crazy......very nice

Edited by g under p

Related to the insane level of opioid prescriptions, I saw the story below today, and I thought- well, it's about time.

I'd love to see this begin a trend away from opioid painkillers.

http://nytimes.com/2016/06/14/health/pain-treatment-er-alternative-opioids.html

I could have given this its own thread in another part of the forum, but I thought it went well with some of the discussion that already appears in this thread.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Lots of doctors did this and doctors did that. You still have to take care of yourself. Lesson learned here huh. To much of this and that will get you. people have known this since the dawn of time. Put the blame on Prince? Nope can't do that cause he was in pain. Who cares anyway. If you do, do something about it. Bring him back from the dead and give him a talking to. Organize and event on opioids. Raise awareness. Or just keep blabbing and speculate until you run out of facts and can't twist them anymore. Won't be long before all life on earth is gone. Live it up and live well. Easy as that.

Not all people that require opioid pain medications exhibit negative consequences or medical problems like overdose. Of course addiction is present in any case where the medicines are prescribed for chronic pain and or cancer over lengthy or indefinite periods of time.

There are people who have and still take these medicines so the can live better lives, be able to work and have increased mobility.

Just because the nation is in an opioid frenzy does not mean there are not medical uses for the medicines. Not everyone dies and not everyone has unwanted consequence with the use of these medicines.

Just because we see documentaries showing the negative effect of opioids does not make it the case for everyone.

To lump all opioid use together would be short sighted even though all we see on TV are the negative consequences. Ever see a TV show about how these medicines help people? That's right No.

I am not denying we have a serious problem with these types of meds. But there are people who require them. They do not need to be chastised in the public forum.

• Like 1

I am not denying we have a serious problem with these types of meds. But there are people who require them. They do not need to be chastised in the public forum.

Of course, not all people who are prescribed opioids for pain become addicted. Of course there are a lot of people helped by them. I wouldn't try to mislead anyone to think that that's where I'm coming from.

However, I do think there may be a certain degree of collusion between big pharma and health care providers. And there are more people who become addicted just in terms of probability, in terms of the numbers of prescriptions that are written for them.

I think non-pharmaceutical solutions within the realm of palliative care are welcome things, that's all.

• Like 1

The problem is that opioids are intended to be used on a very temporary basis - after surgery, dental work, etc

There are reasons that the body causes pain - inflammation is the human body's way of bringing attention to a problem ..

Doctors ignore the problem - the root cause ... People get into a lot of trouble not simply because of the opioid ( or whatever band-aid drug is being used ) but because the root cause is not addressed - there is a reason a person feels pain in the first place ..

I went thru absolute utter hell for years with health and doctors - it was only when I decided to take matters into my own hands, find herbalists and acupuncturists to help, that I began getting well again ..

Conventional doctors are not willing to budge from their pharmaceutical obsessed stance - it is infuriating, sickening and very disheartening ..

As one of the sincere holistic MDs told me: doctors are taught to keep a corpse alive as long as the insurance holds out - quality of life is not a issue

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

As one of the sincere holistic MDs told me: doctors are taught to keep a corpse alive as long as the insurance holds out - quality of life is not a issue

I believe that. Anyone who is uninsured and seeking any kind of medical attention at all can attest to that, too, as it's reflected in the quality of care that they receive.

Of course, not all people who are prescribed opioids for pain become addicted. Of course there are a lot of people helped by them. I wouldn't try to mislead anyone to think that that's where I'm coming from.

However, I do think there may be a certain degree of collusion between big pharma and health care providers. And there are more people who become addicted just in terms of probability, in terms of the numbers of prescriptions that are written for them.

I think non-pharmaceutical solutions within the realm of palliative care are welcome things, that's all.

The problem is that opioids are intended to be used on a very temporary basis - after surgery, dental work, etc

There are reasons that the body causes pain - inflammation is the human body's way of bringing attention to a problem ..

Doctors ignore the problem - the root cause ... People get into a lot of trouble not simply because of the opioid ( or whatever band-aid drug is being used ) but because the root cause is not addressed - there is a reason a person feels pain in the first place ..

I went thru absolute utter hell for years with health and doctors - it was only when I decided to take matters into my own hands, find herbalists and acupuncturists to help, that I began getting well again ..

Conventional doctors are not willing to budge from their pharmaceutical obsessed stance - it is infuriating, sickening and very disheartening ..

I agree in some respects with both of you.

Today doctors are under a microscope more than they were in the past. Owing to big Pharma pales in comparison to losing your medical license.

From what I see, more doctors are NOT giving out prescriptions for pain as they know its a possible issue. Not only with the patient, but with them.

Today most opioids are generic and the big boys no longer own the rights to these drugs. There is little financial gain for doctors writing prescriptions that several manufactures produce and bring to market. The exception is Oxycontin. Its still a brand name drug and has been on the market since the 90's. Most patients cannot afford this drug so other more price friendly alternatives are available.

Pain meds are used to treat acute and chronic pain. Both may be used simultaneously if required. The latter (chronic) could last ones lifetime. And that does not mean they will have negative side effects.

Pain meds are classed for acute pain and long term chronic pain.

Used properly, these drugs can be as safe as Advil and maybe even safer than acetaminophen.

Edited by John V