PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

Don't know how reliable this UK newspaper is, but here's a link: http://www.thesun.co...e-pharmacy.html

Not an overdose clearly stated.

The Enquirer story says he was diagnosed with HIV in the 90's which developed into full blown AIDS about 6 months ago. He refused treatment because he felt that his veganism and prayer would cure him. He was addicted to Percocet but that's not what killed him.

Dude wouldn't touch a porterhouse but was popping Percocets like they were Flintstones...Yeah, that makes sense. :facepalm:
  • Like 3

Don't know how reliable this UK newspaper is, but here's a link: http://www.thesun.co...e-pharmacy.html

The Enquirer story says he was diagnosed with HIV in the 90's which developed into full blown AIDS about 6 months ago. He refused treatment because he felt that his veganism and prayer would cure him. He was addicted to Percocet but that's not what killed him.

Dude wouldn't touch a porterhouse but was popping Percocets like they were Flintstones...Yeah, that makes sense. :facepalm:

Addiction is one of the worst things a human can go through, man.

• Like 1

Addiction is one of the worst things a human can go through, man.

You don't see the irony there?
  • Like 1

The Cross is an underrated song. I'm a spiritual agnostic but even I dig that song because he's not peachy about it and he actually believes it and means it with real passion.

Also, I just found out he did a rather amazing instrumental cover of Even Flow since PJ is my favorite band. Nice to know he admires the amazing guitar work of McCready and Gosaard.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

The Enquirer has been right about many stories and scandals including Bill Cosby, Rush Limbaugh drug addiction, Steve Jobs diagnosis, OJ's shoes, John Edwards, Gary Hart, etc as well as other celebrity deaths including MJ before anyone else. There are many ways to prove them wrong but no one has. The Daily Mail has picked up the story. There are plenty of reports that this was not an overdose or suicide. There are "inner" circle people that knew this was coming.

This is more plausible to me than overdose. How many Prince songs are about f***ing? Seriously? I would venture around 90-95%. He knew this was coming.

The Enquirer has been right about many stories and scandals including Bill Cosby, Rush Limbaugh drug addiction, Steve Jobs diagnosis, OJ's shoes, John Edwards, Gary Hart, etc as well as other celebrity deaths including MJ before anyone else. There are many ways to prove them wrong but no one has. The Daily Mail has picked up the story. There are plenty of reports that this was not an overdose or suicide. There are "inner" circle people that knew this was coming.

This is more plausible to me than overdose. How many Prince songs are about f***ing? Seriously? I would venture around 90-95%. He knew this was coming.

And he's still gone. And he still had the same impact. No matter the exact health condition.

The Cross is an underrated song. I'm a spiritual agnostic but even I dig that song because he's not peachy about it and he actually believes it and means it with real passion.

Also, I just found out he did a rather amazing instrumental cover of Even Flow since PJ is my favorite band. Nice to know he admires the amazing guitar work of McCready and Gosaard.

That's my favorite song from him

That's my favorite song from him

That song is in my top 10 if not top 5. A very underrated song and live versions are even better....he rips into his guitar on that one. PJ fan here would love to find that version somewhere.

• Like 1

Really Sad. I've been a fan of Prince since his early days, but for some reason, other's music was more 'important' than owning his. "1999" was the first album I owned of his, and now just this last week I finally bought "Purple Rain" CBS Sunday Morning did a segment on him this last Sunday and I got re-fired up! Also, the songs he wrote that others did, Sinead O'Connor's "No One compares 2 U" is a favorite of mine.....

R.I.P. Prince. Born June 7, 1958 only three weeks after me......never knew that. Dead at 57 on April 11, 2016.

I put him in the same boat as Frank Zappa....both musical geniuses....

:banana:

• Like 2

I never really listened to him but I always loved his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. He had an amazing take on that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Here's an article about the "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" performance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/arts/music/prince-guitar-rock-hall-of-fame.html?mtrref=undefined&_r=1

It's been 14 days now and I still feel so sad about it. Prince was one of my idols. I grew up with him. I wanted to be like him. He showed me the right way to put on a show as a musician. I expected Prince to be around for a lot longer. Ugh. I can't.
  • Like 1

It's been 14 days now and I still feel so sad about it. Prince was one of my idols. I grew up with him. I wanted to be like him. He showed me the right way to put on a show as a musician. I expected Prince to be around for a lot longer. Ugh. I can't.

His passing is truly a case of not knowing what you have until it's gone. I listened to a lot of Prince in the past two weeks and my opinion of his talent has only grown.

His passing is truly a case of not knowing what you have until it's gone. I listened to a lot of Prince in the past two weeks and my opinion of his talent has only grown.

Yeah he was such genius. I think part of that is because he didnt allow his stuff online so people could actually get into him more

Are there any good songs by Prince that showcase his ability as a guitar player? I listened to a few hits but they didn't really show that off. I know he can play as evident in that video at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame show

Are there any good songs by Prince that showcase his ability as a guitar player? I listened to a few hits but they didn't really show that off. I know he can play as evident in that video at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame show

Off the top of my head "Bambi" and "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man".

Prince wasn't about being a guitar player. If you listen to a lot of Prince songs his guitar playing sneaks up on you. The solos, the flourishes and embellishments, it all sinks in over time. Take a song like "Paisley Park", the guitar is really heavy, but it's not the focus of the song, it's just a layer that is revealed after repeated listens.

The man utilized his talents to benefit the song.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head "Bambi" and "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man".

It's gotta be the album version of I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man though. The single version cuts off the second solo. That's my favorite Prince song.

Yeah he was such genius. I think part of that is because he didnt allow his stuff online so people could actually get into him more

????? He practically invented distributing music on line and marketing it directly to his fans.

I can't believe I have to be THE person to say this...am I the only one who thinks that all this sudden love for Prince by the Rock and metal communities to be very ingenuine? I know for a fact that if he hadn't died, a lot of rock fans and metalheads would not be praising him to the extent I'm seeing. Edited by fraroc

I can't believe I have to be THE person to say this...am I the only one who thinks that all this sudden love for Prince by the Rock and metal communities to be very ingenuine? I know for a fact that if he hadn't died, a lot of rock fans and metalheads would not be praising him to the extent I'm seeing.

Anytime prince has come up on the forum over the years the response has been primarily positive so I have to disagree from a trf pov. The rest of the Internet is a different story. The album sales the last few weeks proves it.

I can't believe I have to be THE person to say this...am I the only one who thinks that all this sudden love for Prince by the Rock and metal communities to be very ingenuine? I know for a fact that if he hadn't died, a lot of rock fans and metalheads would not be praising him to the extent I'm seeing.

Please, stop

How old are you Fraroc ??

I saw Prince live before you were probably even born

( Oct 18th 1988 )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

You mean disingenuous?

No, you are THE person saying it because you are THE person thinking it.

• Like 4