PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

I know one who travelled the world to get the best treatments to survive leukaemia. She is now in remission and about to get married.

My friends grandmother just had a major hip replacement.

My best friend is going to have major surgery to restructure her legs. She has curved bone disease, and advancing arthritis, and is 19 years old. Her operation will involve removing her foot, breaking the bones to reform them, and then placing it back. Extreme surgery.

All are witnesses.

• Like 2

Cancer treatments don't always (often) require blood transfusions either. You don't need a transfusion for chemo or radiation, do you? I don't believe Witnesses shun treatments or medications, just the transfusion of blood.

Who knows for certain just yet? We'll learn lots more in the days and weeks (toxicology takes a couple weeks) to come.

I will say that if he indeed did NOT get surgery done due to this part of his religion and the surgical requirements of the procedure AND he was summarily on pain meds to treat him for the pain he couldn't fix without the surgery requiring a transfusion AND the use of those pain management drugs played any part in his death, there would be a connection between cause and effect in my opinion. I don't say that from a litigious standpoint, I say it from an "If/Then" standpoint.

I'm not sure how you can say that with absolute certainty at this point.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

Cancer treatments don't always (often) require blood transfusions either. You don't need a transfusion for chemo or radiation, do you? I don't believe Witnesses shun treatments or medications, just the transfusion of blood.

Who knows for certain just yet? We'll learn lots more in the days and weeks (toxicology takes a couple weeks) to come.

I will say that if he indeed did NOT get surgery done due to this part of his religion AND he was summarily on pain meds to treat him for the pain he couldn't fix without the surgery requiring a transfusion AND the use of those pain management drugs played any part in his death, there would be a connection between cause and effect in my opinion. I don't say that from a litigious standpoint, I say it from an "If/Then" standpoint.

All I can say is I know about this. Not making this about me, but I live this every day of my life.

And I know many Witnesses much older than Prince who have had hip replacements, bone fusion and major operations who have done so without the use of blood.

• Like 2

I will say that if he indeed did NOT get surgery done due to this part of his religion AND he was summarily on pain meds to treat him for the pain he couldn't fix without the surgery requiring a transfusion AND the use of those pain management drugs played any part in his death, there would be a connection between cause and effect in my opinion. I don't say that from a litigious standpoint, I say it from an "If/Then" standpoint.

All I can say is I know about this. Not making this about me, but I live this every day of my life.

And I know many Witnesses much older than Prince who have had hip replacements, bone fusion and major operations who have done so without the use of blood.

Maybe Prince needed a different doctor. :P

It could be too that they can't guarantee they won't need to transfuse...meaning, we have to have that standing by in case something happens. You start losing blood for some unforeseen reason during a surgery and they will have blood standing by. Maybe that's why he's put it off for so long...paranoid they might do it anyhow and he'd be asleep, so what would he know? Prince was a weird dude after all. :D

We'll learn more soon.

• Like 1

I can´t say I was a fan - I did try to get into his music, but only Purpla Rain struck a chord - and I love that song. But it´s really sad to see him go so soon. R.I.P. Prince... :( :rose:

Bowie and Prince in the same year...it still doesn't feel real to me. RIP.

I was thinking about what would be my favorite Prince song. It's truly hard to pick, but I'm going with "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man".

Yeah, I was never a hardcore guy either. I've probably owned...four Prince albums. But he was an amazing talent.

Funny, I just watched footage of him jamming on While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Dhani Harrison and others...and Prince comes out and just lays down on the outro solo with great feel. If Prince had never been more than a rock guitarist who never sang or even wrote...but joined a band that gave him prime exposure as a lead guitarist, I think he might have gone down as one of rock's all-time great guitarists.

Imagine if he focused ONLY on that.

As it was he played virtually every other instrument you can imagine, sang, danced, fronted the show, wrote all the music, arranged, produced, etc. If anything kept him from being the single greatest at any one thing it was that he took the entirety of his creativity and put it on his own back.

He belongs in that elite Paul McCartney class of pop artists who could and did do just about everything.

The 1980s pop scene was known for Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Prince...almost principally. But the greatest of these was by far Prince. I've heard folks in the past 24 hours remind (including Steven Wilson on this topic) that we pretty loosely throw around the term "genius," but in the case of Prince it was truly so.

• Like 4

His religion has nothing to do with his death.

I know many Witnesses who have had complex treatments and operations, and survived serious cancer battles.

He was one of JWs? ... how could he go door to door and offer bible studys? that is a big part of their religion I believe??

There's nothing to say expect. whether you loved him or hated him. he was a musical genius. Purple Rain one of my fav albums of the 80's. and Prince himself one of my fav artists ever.

Doves are crying.

RIP Prince.

Mick

• Like 4

I know many Witnesses who have had complex treatments and operations, and survived serious cancer battles.

He was one of JWs? ... how could he go door to door and offer bible studys? that is a big part of their religion I believe??

He wasn't always a Witness- he converted later in his life, within the past ten or fifteen years, I think.

I'm not an authority to speak to this, really, but I do believe there are other ways that Witnesses provide ministry.

• Like 1

Different avenues of ministry. Each Witness is encouraged to the best they can, however they can, unique to their circumstances.

• Like 2

He actually has done some door-to-door.

• Like 2

yea ... i just did a little reading about it ... pretty cool if he shows up with the pamphlet .... I have known some and they are very hard working people ... he certainly fit that description

• Like 1

yea ... i just did a little reading about it ... pretty cool if he shows up with the pamphlet .... I have known some and they are very hard working people ... he certainly fit that description

I am not religious in the least bit, but holy crap...if Prince showed up at my door and wanted to talk Jesus I would have sooooo let him in. Even if I'm just nodding and agreeing and promising to give my life to Christ I'd be thinking ("HOLY SHIT...IT'S PRINCE!!!!"). :D

• Like 2

I am not religious in the least bit, but holy crap...if Prince showed up at my door and wanted to talk Jesus I would have sooooo let him in. Even if I'm just nodding and agreeing and promising to give my life to Christ I'd be thinking ("HOLY SHIT...IT'S PRINCE!!!!"). :D

I would tell him to take a seat at the piano and sing me purple rain ... then I'll convert haha

• Like 1

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I hate to do this, but TMZ is reporting even more SAD news....

....... Kanye West is alive and well

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

In other words, get over yourself.

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

So ... Mr Mao Zedong, I am sure you can understand when I say:

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

The sanctimony is strong in this thread. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

I didn't care much for most of his music, but his show on the Purple Rain Tour in 1984 was incredible and he was an amazing musician. I'm looking forward to the autopsy results. It's been rumored it was not a big surprise to people close to him when he died...

I didn't care much for most of his music, but his show on the Purple Rain Tour in 1984 was incredible and he was an amazing musician. I'm looking forward to the autopsy results. It's been rumored it was not a big surprise to people close to him when he died...

:(

That's really sad, too.

Apparently, he was addicted to Percocet.

Opioids are extremely immune suppressive, so in addition to masking whatever pain he was using them for, they most likely destroyed his abilities to fight infections, even cancers ..

This could explain his inability to fight the flu, or, in his case, possible pneumonia ..

This is 2016, and no one should be dying from the flu

• Like 1

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I hate to do this, but TMZ is reporting even more SAD news....

....... Kanye West is alive and well

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

In other words, get over yourself.

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

So ... Mr Mao Zedong, I am sure you can understand when I say:

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

The sanctimony is strong in this thread. :eyeroll:

Understood, and point taken

But each of has a line, and when one of the finest members here is disrespected, I think it is ok to take exception