PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

He was an amazingly talented guy. I saw him once in Charlotte, NC. Great concert. I remember being really upset that they were playing audio advertisements, instead of music, before the show. :/ Other than that, it was great.

I was in the same room with Prince once and almost got to go to a private concert for about 150 people featuring him. But, unfortunately I wasn't able to get in.

This is such a shock and tragedy. :(

RIPrince

I never really listened to him but I always loved his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. He had an amazing take on that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Such an superior entertainer and artist - He literally made me forget everyone else on that stage. His music certainly was a unifying force. Not too mention the numerous hits he wrote for other famous artists. :( Edited by alphseeker

His immense talents made other musicians famous.....

A song written and composed by Prince....

Peace

Amazing! As I said to a friend, I wouldn't go out and buy his music like it was the end of the world, but the man had serious talent, and did some great things! My favorite stuff is on the Hits & B-sides collection, not to mention a few things that I've picked up here and there over the years.

This year sucks ass! I'm still not over Keith Emerson!

The last time I saw him perform anywhere was as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live, which was within the past year. The persona he was projecting was definitely an early '70s-type thing, as he was sporting about a five or six-inch Afro, and wearing mirrored sunglasses, if I remember correctly. The song was something new, and it went on and on- it was eight or nine minutes, at least. He was so full of energy. And the performance itself was fantastic.

He was one of the most prolific musicians of our time. Consider that for his entire body of work that has been released, there may be something on the order of three or four times that much that he has never released.

Not too long ago I found out Prince was the writer to the song Nothing Compares To You which was sung by Sinead O Connor. That was one huge song back in the day,

Well that's the other thing... besides his own career, he helped out a lot of other people, wrote stuff for them...did their production, and all that... he had it together!

Sheila E was one of his drummers for a while, too!

The last time I saw him perform anywhere was as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live, which was within the past year. The persona he was projecting was definitely an early '70s-type thing, as he was sporting about a five or six-inch Afro, and wearing mirrored sunglasses, if I remember correctly. The song was something new, and it went on and on- it was eight or nine minutes, at least. He was so full of energy. And the performance itself was fantastic.

He was one of the most prolific musicians of our time. Consider that for his entire body of work that has been released, there may be something on the order of three or four times that much that he has never released.

Not too long ago I found out Prince was the writer to the song Nothing Compares To You which was sung by Sinead O Connor. That was one huge song back in the day,

He even wrote Manic Monday for The Bangles and Chaka Khan's biggest 80s hit was a remake of I Feel For You.

Well that's the other thing... besides his own career, he helped out a lot of other people, wrote stuff for them...did their production, and all that... he had it together!

Sheila E was one of his drummers for a while, too!

Sang backup on A Love Bizarre as well. Loved that song as a kid and still do.

Another Prince music lesson, younger music fans may not be aware of:

Prince wrote this song, and quickly said it needs a Female voice to sing it, Apollonia made a demo, that he thought was not good enough, then gave it to the Bangles. If that is not being a visionary, I don't know what is.

RIP

• Like 4

I never really listened to him but I always loved his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. He had an amazing take on that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Such an superior entertainer and artist - He literally made me forget everyone else on that stage. His music certainly was a unifying force. Not too mention the numerous hits he wrote for other famous artists. :(

You can see Tom Petty bowing to him. And Tom Petty doesn't need to bow to anyone!

• Like 4

MTV programming has gone to Non-Stop Prince Videos for those that may not be aware
  • Like 1

MTV programming has gone to Non-Stop Prince Videos for those that may not be aware

Hmmmm, that could go on for a while. About a two weeks ago I was going through some of my music and came across the section with P. Had all sorts of Prince music and started playing 1999.....loved that song DMSR extended remix. I couldn't help myself but I started to dance non stop. Then went on to play his compilations and this man has made some amazing songs and records.

• Like 1

Wait, you mean I can put MTV on and actually see music videos played :o

MTV will get their highest ratings in 20 Years today...HA

• Like 1

Great story, behind the scenes

Yes that video did have great behind the scenes info from the SBowl. He played in the rain as if it was his beloved Purple Rain. Unfortunately it can only be seen on YouTube.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

Yep. RIP Prince. I always enjoyed his stuff especially the early to mid eighties material. I even saw him in the fall of 84 when I was 14. Wild show. He was a one of a kind and will be missed. I hope he's jamming with David Bowie right about now.

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I am absolutely fu@king sick because of this

Prince was - and he still is and always will be - one of the few people who not only could go into a studio alone and come out with a masterpiece of music, but he was an example to be looked to for sincerity and, probably the best of all, inspiration to be yourself, let your personal flag fly high and be thankful that you are alive ..

I am really hit hard with the stark reality that he is not physically here anymore

Rest In Purple

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 7