Priest have unleashed Delivering the Goods and Desert Plains instead of Grinder and Bloodstone, a nice change up. I'm still puzzled as to why they keep Turbo Lover, I don't think it's been dropped since the Ripper Owens-era.

Turbo Lover is one of their biggest hits. The chorus is a big sing a long for the whole crowd. I get why they play it so much. But would prefer Heading Out To The Highway instead for one of the big crowd pleasers. Probably could have rotated that with Turbo Lover every other tour.

It's so random to bring back Delivering The Goods like that in the middle of the tour. But at least they're playing a rarity off the album I'm interested in unlike Running Wild.

You don't like Running Wild?

I think it's good to change the setlist up. I know some people will be kind of pissed because they didn't play this song or that song at their particular gig etc but it's better than just playing one unchanging setlist for the whole tour.

I like Running Wild but realistically how many tours does Priest have left? We've seen KK retire and now health issues have taken Glenn out. It's not a song I feel should be on the list of ones they need to play before the band is finished. Delivering The Goods most definitely is though.

• Like 1

Priest have unleashed Delivering the Goods and Desert Plains instead of Grinder and Bloodstone, a nice change up. I'm still puzzled as to why they keep Turbo Lover, I don't think it's been dropped since the Ripper Owens-era.

Turbo Lover is one of their biggest hits. The chorus is a big sing a long for the whole crowd. I get why they play it so much. But would prefer Heading Out To The Highway instead for one of the big crowd pleasers. Probably could have rotated that with Turbo Lover every other tour.

It's so random to bring back Delivering The Goods like that in the middle of the tour. But at least they're playing a rarity off the album I'm interested in unlike Running Wild.

You don't like Running Wild?

I think it's good to change the setlist up. I know some people will be kind of pissed because they didn't play this song or that song at their particular gig etc but it's better than just playing one unchanging setlist for the whole tour.

I like Running Wild but realistically how many tours does Priest have left? We've seen KK retire and now health issues have taken Glenn out. It's not a song I feel should be on the list of ones they need to play before the band is finished. Delivering The Goods most definitely is though.

Well I'm not complaining I like it!

Hey do you think they should put ALL the songs they played live on this tour on any Live album/video they release?

Delivering The Goods sounds great. They definitely had that one ready to go for a while. Didn't sound like something they haven't done since 1980.

If there's live release for this tour, I say just put every song they play this tour on it.

• Like 1

Delivering The Goods sounds great. They definitely had that one ready to go for a while. Didn't sound like something they haven't done since 1980.

If there's live release for this tour, I say just put every song they play this tour on it.

Agreed on all points!

Awesome on DTG! Underrated classic and long overdue in the set list.

But Bloodstone >>> Desert Plains. That one's been played enough over the years.

It is strange they didn't start the new leg with these songs, but waited until a few shows in. That's quite unusual for Priest.

• Like 1

just got my atlanta ticket. disappointed both bands are basically doing greatest hits but ive never seen either band before, and its 97% great music so I can't bitch. I'll have a decent buzz for turbo lover anyway, so I'm not worried. even though I'd switch that out for 300 other songs
  • Like 1

just got my atlanta ticket. disappointed both bands are basically doing greatest hits but ive never seen either band before, and its 97% great music so I can't bitch. I'll have a decent buzz for turbo lover anyway, so I'm not worried. even though I'd switch that out for 300 other songs

Enjoy!

• Like 1

These are the song stats from the Firepower tour so far:

Song Play Count

1 Firepower 67

1 You've Got Another Thing Comin' 67

1 Sinner 67

1 Lightning Strike 67

1 Hell Bent for Leather 67

1 Painkiller 67

7 Metal Gods 66

7 Turbo Lover 66

7 Breaking the Law 66

7 Bloodstone 66

11 Grinder 65

12 Living After Midnight 64

13 The Ripper 56

14 Saints in Hell 54

15 Freewheel Burning 47

16 Rising From Ruins 35

17 Some Heads Are Gonna Roll 31

18 Electric Eye 30

18 Evil Never Dies 30

20 Running Wild 29

21 Tyrant 27

22 Night Comes Down 23

23 The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown) (Fleetwood Mac cover) 16

24 No Surrender 5

25 Angel 4

26 Victim of Changes 2

27 Delivering the Goods1

27 Desert Plains 1

Edited by treeduck

js37461183.jpg

K, this is Rob Halford at a younger age, with a copy of "Killing Machine" [u.K. version, which was released as "Hell Bent For Leather" in the U.S. and my FIRST JP album.] in hand. Released in Oct. of 1978. I liked the fact that they were Metal, but did a ballad like "Before The Dawn" on this album. I sang this song to my Girl Friend in 1981, then met the girl I first Married later that year. Still love that song!

OjbOXBa.jpg

• Like 2

New Priest dates in Europe in January/Feb/March but only as a support act for Ozzy. So there will be a truncated setlist no doubt. Sounds like bullshit to me.

I guess just like Deep Purple, Ozzy has no problem with the main support band blowing him off stage every night.

• Like 1