Though I baled on Priest when I heard Breaking The Law. I still listen to the classic 70s albums.

Would you be annoyed if I told you Sad Wings Of Destiny is a 10?

Lol

And Breaking The Law is shit.

Segue, which albums have you heard so far? I'm just curious.

This is going to be sacrilege to some, I'm sure, but Lone Wolf reminds me of something from Metallica's Load era with Rob on vocals. It's got that groovy, downtuned guitar and a bit of a simple, yet sinister riff. I love it.

Sounds more like Sabbath to me, has a bluesy retro vibe.

• Like 2

I might have been harsh. As a rock album and compared to most of the dross that gets belched out these days, this is definitely a 7/10.

What do you mean rock and hard rock? It's METAL!! :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

I might have been harsh. As a rock album and compared to most of the dross that gets belched out these days, this is definitely a 7/10.

But it’s not is it? It’s metal in the way Spinal Tap is Metal...

But it’s not is it? It’s metal in the way Spinal Tap is Metal...

That's ironic because you're a music critic in the way Spinal Tap is metal as well.

• Like 3

Breaking the Law, breaking the Law.

That's weak Tone. :hail:

It’s not weak, it’s lame.

I'm glad you agree, but why can't you come up with something better? You need to work harder Tony.

I love Firepower, and I love that they did it ... Ritchie Faulkner was uploading himself on youtube playing Stairway To Heaven a few years ago, and now he's a main force in one of the greatest metal bands ever - he kicks ass, and that in itself makes it worthwhile to me ..

Flamethrower is my favorite song, and like I said, I love that this band is still putting out great sounding albums - it sounds great loud and Rob's sense of melody is fantastic, as always ..

The new Saxon is good too, but a good Saxon album is not in the same league as a good Priest album

• Like 2

Yeah so...

The album is great. It's one of THOSE albums, where every song brings a new and exciting unexpected turn to the album and you never know what's going to happen next. Def in my contenders for album of the year.

• Like 2

The new Saxon is good too, but a good Saxon album is not in the same league as a good Priest album

:tsk: Not this time round my friend. The new Saxon is an epic beast. KILLER album! :hail:

I love that Motörhead homage song, especially the part when Lemmy speaks. Sends shivers down my spine.

• Like 2

:tsk: Not this time round my friend. The new Saxon is an epic beast. KILLER album! :hail:

I love that Motörhead homage song, especially the part when Lemmy speaks. Sends shivers down my spine.

ABSOLUTELY! THUNDERBOLT RULES!!!!! "FIREPOWER" is lacking some serious ammo.

Seriously?

Earl, both albums are loaded with some heavy epic shit. What is the problem with Firepower?

Seriously?

Earl, both albums are loaded with some heavy epic shit. What is the problem with Firepower?

I need more time to listen. There are some EPIC songs on FIREPOWER! Some of the album leaves me flat.

THUNDERBOLT KICKS ASS FROM NOTE ONE TO THE END!

• Like 1