You know, I thought this was going to have more classic Priest sounds, but it carves out its own identity. That's my biggest takeaway after one listen. It has elements from earlier eras, but it doesn't do a lot of retro pandering, which is refreshing as hell. It doesn't kick ass because it's like this or that album. It kicks ass because it's new and exciting. I appreciate that.

Exactly what I was thinking. Before the album came out I was speculating about each song and what album and era it would sound like. But this album has got a sound all it's own. It sounds like Priest but it's NEW Priest, it's FIREPOWER Priest! :haz:

• Like 1

You know, I thought this was going to have more classic Priest sounds, but it carves out its own identity. That's my biggest takeaway after one listen. It has elements from earlier eras, but it doesn't do a lot of retro pandering, which is refreshing as hell. It doesn't kick ass because it's like this or that album. It kicks ass because it's new and exciting. I appreciate that.

Exactly what I was thinking. Before the album came out I was speculating about each song and what album and era it would sound like. But this album has got a sound all it's own. It sounds like Priest but it's NEW Priest, it's FIREPOWER Priest! :haz:

Absolutely!

Also, Rob's vocals in the last verse of Traitors' Gate are insane. He rips the hell out of that song, but that verse is incredible.

• Like 1

I cannot believe how fantastic this album is! I am spellbound by Firepower. I knew the old and wise Priest fans were excited, I've had some real joy seeing you guys get so excited for this. I had NO strong deaire to hear this album, I am NOT a Priest fan, I thought this would be a decent album that coasted on nostalgia and a loyal, well established fanbase.

So...I have played it three times and it has gripped me each and every time. I am stunned by everything...Spectre is currently my favourite song but the entire album, at fourteen tracks, is bloody amazing! I enjoy a lot of European metal, I LOVE bombastic stuff like Nightwish, Iron Maiden etc and I never anticipated that Priest were a band I was properly missing out on.

Well...blow me down and blow me away because that is what Firepower has done! This is the first time I have EVER listened to a Priest album and loved it so strongly. I have never had any issues with Priest in the past I just never got around to listening to them properly. Shame on me...but in some ways being ignorant of them just made my listening experience even more special.

I will be looking to try more from this amazing band. Firepower has me confident I could have another British band I love as much as Paradise Lost!

• Like 7

I cannot believe how fantastic this album is! I am spellbound by Firepower. I knew the old and wise Priest fans were excited, I've had some real joy seeing you guys get so excited for this. I had NO strong deaire to hear this album, I am NOT a Priest fan, I thought this would be a decent album that coasted on nostalgia and a loyal, well established fanbase.

So...I have played it three times and it has gripped me each and every time. I am stunned by everything...Spectre is currently my favourite song but the entire album, at fourteen tracks, is bloody amazing! I enjoy a lot of European metal, I LOVE bombastic stuff like Nightwish, Iron Maiden etc and I never anticipated that Priest were a band I was properly missing out on.

Well...blow me down and blow me away because that is what Firepower has done! This is the first time I have EVER listened to a Priest album and loved it so strongly. I have never had any issues with Priest in the past I just never got around to listening to them properly. Shame on me...but in some ways being ignorant of them just made my listening experience even more special.

I will be looking to try more from this amazing band. Firepower has me confident I could have another British band I love as much as Paradise Lost!

So you're gonna listen to Stained Class next, right?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

He listened to Painkiller...

He listened to Painkiller...

lol, no no no, that's the one I still need to listen to. Segue needs to hear Stained Class.

• Like 1

My other vinyl came today. Here's the three together in another crap pic laptop webcam pic, it's hard to line it up!

924ezSp.jpg

Very nice! :haz:

• Like 1

There are. But this one has the most characters, and they make this place special.

Who are these characters? :unsure:

One of them is some kind of cross between an aquatic bird and a very leafy plant.

• Like 1

Which songs from Firepower do you think they'll play live?

Firepower, Lightning Strike and Never The Heroes are pretty obvious since they were all released ahead of the album. Spectre and maybe one other one. Doubt we'll get any more than four since that's all they did for the Redeemer and Angel tours.

Firepower, Lightning Strike and Never The Heroes are pretty obvious since they were all released ahead of the album. Spectre and maybe one other one. Doubt we'll get any more than four since that's all they did for the Redeemer and Angel tours.

They did 5 on the Angel tour.

They did 5 on the Angel tour.

They only did four during the Redeemer tour. I was there opening night and I don't believe they ended up doing anything else from it on the tour.