Ok let's just review the situation...

Priest have been writing the new album now since April, that's 6 months. All we've heard (from Scott Travis) is that there might be 2 new albums. Otherwise nada beyond the usual statements that don't say anything. We have to assume then that the writing process is ongoing and that they haven't started recording the album yet beyond demo level. So that that means that it's very unlikely that we'll see any new album or albums in the first half of next year. I would say that we'll be looking at another 12 months around about October 2017.

• Like 1

Priest have been writing the new album now since April, that's 6 months. All we've heard (from Scott Travis) is that there might be 2 new albums. Otherwise nada beyond the usual statements that don't say anything. We have to assume then that the writing process is ongoing and that they haven't started recording the album yet beyond demo level. So that that means that it's very unlikely that we'll see any new album or albums in the first half of next year. I would say that we'll be looking at another 12 months around about October 2017.

I say no way do they miss the window of next summer for a tour. We may or may not hear every detail like when they start and finish recording. I say it's out next May or June. They're too old to let another whole year go by before they hit the road again.

I say no way do they miss the window of next summer for a tour. We may or may not hear every detail like when they start and finish recording. I say it's out next May or June. They're too old to let another whole year go by before they hit the road again.

Could be.

JUDAS PRIEST To Begin Recording New Album In January; Next Tour To Start In 2018

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner was interviewed by Sweetwater editorial director Mitch Gallagher during "Making Hard Rock Look Easy", a three-day recording master class which was held October 20-22 at Sweetwater's campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can now watch the chat below.

Speaking about the progress of the songwriting and recording sessions for JUDAS PRIEST's follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album, Richie said: "I just flew straight back out of the U.K., straight to Sweetwater. We've just been in the studio for a couple of months putting songs together. We haven't started the recording process yet, but we're recording demos; we're recording songs that work without the production to save them, if you know what I mean. But the core value… We're putting down some grassroots ideas and fleshing them out for the next PRIEST record. So we're gonna go into the studio to start recording in January. So it should be out sometime next year. But we're not touring next year. So we're gonna be touring, hopefully, in 2018."

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 3

JUDAS PRIEST To Begin Recording New Album In January; Next Tour To Start In 2018

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner was interviewed by Sweetwater editorial director Mitch Gallagher during "Making Hard Rock Look Easy", a three-day recording master class which was held October 20-22 at Sweetwater's campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can now watch the chat below.

Speaking about the progress of the songwriting and recording sessions for JUDAS PRIEST's follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album, Richie said: "I just flew straight back out of the U.K., straight to Sweetwater. We've just been in the studio for a couple of months putting songs together. We haven't started the recording process yet, but we're recording demos; we're recording songs that work without the production to save them, if you know what I mean. But the core value… We're putting down some grassroots ideas and fleshing them out for the next PRIEST record. So we're gonna go into the studio to start recording in January. So it should be out sometime next year. But we're not touring next year. So we're gonna be touring, hopefully, in 2018."

:haz: :haz: :16ton: :haz: :haz:

Conceivable, then, that Priest will be active even into 2019...that's a full fifty years of heavy metal mania!

:haz: :codger: :haz: :codger: :haz:

• Like 1

I will love singing "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" in my 50s!

I thought you were already 50!!

Aye, I'm 50 but last time I sang 'Another Thing' (at Priest live gig, not in front of TV screen or Hi-Fi...) I was only 49!

• Like 1

AWESOME. Hopefully they'll hit my city when they tour. I missed them on their last tour and regret it quite a bit. Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Judas Priest are currently recording a new album, a follow-up to 2014’s Redeemer of Souls. “I do not want to make a Redeemer of Souls Part Two,” Halford told us last year. “I think it’s very important that we make another stand-alone record again, a heavy metal record that’s going to have its own legs and just be as different as all of them have been so far.”

He’s hesitant to offer a concrete update on the new album now, but notes the band is “still slaving away in the studio. It’s sounding great,” he says. “I can’t really say any more than that, because it’s still very nebulous, but it is sounding incredibly exciting and I’m sure we’ll talk about that when the time comes.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/judas-priest-interview-2017/

• Like 1

I do not want to make a Redeemer of Souls Part Two,” Halford told us last year.

good. I did not love that album and the production blew. Get Tom Allom back!

I do not want to make a Redeemer of Souls Part Two,” Halford told us last year.

good. I did not love that album and the production blew. Get Tom Allom back!

How could anyone not love Redeemer Of Souls?

I'll take it over most of their 80s stuff.

• Like 2

JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD: 'There Is Some F**king Incredible Things Coming From This Band'

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford took part in the Musicians Institute Conversation Series on August 5, 2016 in Hollywood, California. The legendary frontman took the stage with Alternative Press senior editor Ryan J. Downey (MTV News, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter) for a wide-ranging question-and-answer session about Halford's illustrious career as "The Metal God." You can now watch the discussion in five parts below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On his performance with the the Japanese teenage girl pop metal band BABYMETAL at last year's Alternative Press Music Awards in Columbus, Ohio:

Rob: "It was pretty cool. A lot of people hated me after that, which is… whatever. Whatever. My philosophy in life is 'do everything that you wanna do and don't let nobody try and stop you.' Because if you're living your life for yourself… That can be kind of dangerous territory in the music world, because our fans, who I love with all my heart, are like family. And when you're in a family, you're very opinionated. 'What is he wearing?' You know, that kind of thing. 'What is he doing with BABYMETAL?' I just wanted to do it because they asked me, and I think they're pretty cool, and that was that. So end of story. And then you go to Blabbermouth, there's, like, five thousand, 'f**k you! f**k you! f**k you!'"

On the JUDAS PRIEST creative process:

Rob: "I still enjoy the adventure, the challenge of a new vocal idea, an approach. PRIEST is making new music right now. I never talk about PRIEST music before it's officially time to talk about it, but there is some f***ing incredible things coming from this band — some really, really serious stuff is about to happen. I think everybody's gonna be very, very happy with what we're trying to do next. And that again is always what else can you do? After forty-something years, you can still do something different. And that's what I love about this band, about PRIEST — that we haven't kind of let go of the reins. We're still very much hungry and searching and trying to prove what we've got left inside of us as musicians. And so this next batch is gonna be a real thrilling moment for everybody, I think."

On JUDAS PRIEST's 2011 announcement that it was embarking on the "Epitaph" world tour, which was intended to be a "farewell" run for the band:

Rob: "You never lose sight of the fact of where you are and how you got to the place that you're at, and I think that's not just in music, but in everything. There's very few of us that can get through life without having some kind of a team or a person or a bunch of people helping us move ahead and achieve the things that we love. And so it is with us in PRIEST. There's a tremendous love that we have for each other as far as, you know, musicians. And the fact that this thing about… When you say you're gonna do a farewell tour, please don't say that, because… [Laughs] I'm saying that because I'm talking from experience. Before K.K. [Downing, guitar] retired, it was gonna be a farewell tour, but then when Richie came along — the incredible guitar player Richie Faulkner came along — not only did he give us a boost, which is a natural thing… It's like when you change a guy on your football team or your basketball team, the team is the same but you bring in another player and the dynamics should shift, the energy should shift. And that's what happened with Richie. The sense of longevity is still within us. I don't think we're going… Even though the clock is ticking, we're not even thinking about the end. What else can we do? It's gonna be more live shows and more records for the future."

On how JUDAS PRIEST's songwriting process works:

Rob: "It still comes down to the really rudimentary stuff. It's all about riffs — it really is about riffs and just the way the notes are arranged. I always emphasize the melodic side of what we do in PRIEST. There's always melody. Even in the fiercest stuff, there's some kind of melody that you can kind of attach yourself to. So in all the years that we've been together, I don't think that's changed one bit. I've got most of the PRIEST album on my phone — the new PRIEST album — but it's very rudimentary, and it is all about the simplicity of the riffs. And that would be a great challenge: could you make another album in thirty days? That would be a throwdown, wouldn't it? And I dare say that if push came to shove, we'd have a damn good go. It's different in today's world that… I wouldn't say that we enjoy the luxury of waiting, it's just the way that things go on in life. We're still very disciplined when we go in the studio. I mean, we have set hours. We take the weekends off. We have set hours. We get there, we do the work for the day, and then we leave. And I think it's important, as a musician, to have that sense of responsibility, not only to yourself as a musician, but to your bandmates. 'Cause we're all in this together. Everybody's as important as everybody else, everybody has something valuable to share. And ideas are popping in the room right from the moment that the sound starts happening. So who knows? This one that we're working on now, it's coming together pretty quickly, but it'll be a long way off until the final crescendo, just because we're so fanatical. When you've left this incredible treasure trail behind you, we're always… We're always looking backwards, but we know we have a sense of trying to get to that next place, whatever that place might be. So it is increasingly challenging. We don't just a bang a song together. It's very deliberately kind of thought out without killing the soul and spirit. When you get spontaneous, that's a great feeling. If you can capture that spontaneity, that can be within the song, but what goes around that song can take a while to accomplish at this point, hundreds of songs later. But it works, and it's a joy making this PRIEST record right now."

• Like 1

Rob has difficulty giving concise answers without them turning into essays, lol. I love the guy, but he often uses a ton of words to ultimately say very little. Good that they're still active and enjoying what they're doing. Interested to finally hear these "f***ing incredible things".

JUDAS PRIEST Is In 'No Rush' To Release Follow-Up To 'Redeemer Of Souls' Album

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST are preparing to enter the studio to begin recording their long-awaited follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album.

During an appearance on "Trunk Nation", Eddie Trunk's show on SiriusXM channel Volume (106), PRIEST singer Rob Halford said about the songwriting process for the band's new disc: "Yeah, everything's coming together great. We're excited to be making new material.

"As you know, whenever we go out to play, we like to say that we're there for not only the reason to see our wonderful fans again but to show off what we're doing. And that's what we're doing right now — we're hard at work, and it's all coming together great.

"As you and I have done so many times in the past, Eddie, when the appropriate time arises, I'll be happy to come to New York and sit with you and we'll talk about all the new PRIEST that is being made and ready to release."

Halford also confirmed that there is no set-in-stone timetable for the release of PRIEST's next album. "You know, there is no rush," he said. "There is no rush. We feel great. We're very happy, we're very confident, we're very excited. And so, yeah, we're working with our label and with promoters, and there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes."

He continued: "When we go out, we want it to be good — we want it to be good, we want it to be well planned, we wanna make sure that everybody's happy. So, again, as things come to the table, I'll let you know."

JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD: We're 'Trying To Go To Places, Musically, That We Haven't Done Yet'

Last month, Shawn SixX of Boston's WZLX radio station conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford. You can now listen to the chat using the widget below. A couple of excerps follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On JUDAS PRIEST's biggest hurdle going forward:

Rob: "Well, putting the notes in a different order. [Laughs] Because, let's face it, I've been doing this now for over forty years of my life, and I know that's what it's all about. This is about trying to display an idea from a different perspective, a different angle that has not yet been done before. And it's extremely challenging, particularly when you're as microscopic as PRIEST are. We've never kind of thrown things together. Sometimes we've got lucky, you know — 'Living After Midnight', 'Breaking The Law'. I would say the bulk of the work that we've made over the years has been a labor of love. So that's where we're at now — really trying to touch places, go to places, musically, that we haven't done yet."

On whether he still feels writing the best songs is the most important thing for a new hard rock and heavy metal band:

Rob: "Yeah, I do. I think that particularly in today's really kind of hustling and bustling metal world, you've just really gotta work hard, you've really gotta try and find an edge, find a direction, find something that makes people go, 'Hey, what is that? What is that riff? What is that melody? What is that hook? That's pretty cool.' And it's easier said than done, but that's the tenacity, that's the determination, that's the real power that you've gotta try and find within yourself to make a spark that nobody else has made."