Any idea on the release date yet?

If they're just getting to work on it now, probably early next year is the soonest it will be out. My guess is that they'll have it out in time to headline festivals in Europe next summer.

Faulkner lighting a fire under the old men's asses and getting them back in the studio.

No five year wait between albums this time :haz: :guitar:

• Like 4

Any idea on the release date yet?

If they're just getting to work on it now, probably early next year is the soonest it will be out. My guess is that they'll have it out in time to headline festivals in Europe next summer.

Faulkner lighting a fire under the old men's asses and getting them back in the studio.

No five year wait between albums this time :haz: :guitar:

That's about right I think.

• Like 1

Hey if they finish it quick, you could possibly expect it in the fall/winter too.

Devin Townsend recorded an album last month (though it was already written) and it's set to be released in September

Aye we'll see. I think it depends on how much material they've got already written. They said they wrote a lot of stuff on tour and they had some songs left over from the Redeemer sessions as well. I think that's one of the reasons they were so eager to get into the studio, if they had no new material written at all they might be a bit reluctant to get things started and would possibly have added another leg or two to the Redeemers tour.

JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD: 'I Do Not Want To Make A 'Redeemer Of Souls' Part Two'

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Ultimate Classic Rock about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the follow-up to the band's 2004 album, "Redeemer Of Souls". He said: "There have been a few [ideas] exchanged back and forth, particularly through me and Richie [Faulkner, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist], because we're iPhone freaks and we're always sending each other little memos, zipping them across to each other.

"It could be again, I would imagine, very much the same tone, very much the same kind of emotion and straightforwardness as the last sessions that we did, but just speaking for myself, I do not want to make a 'Redeemer Of Souls' part two. I think it's very important that we make another standalone record again, a heavy metal record that's going to have its own legs and just be as different as all of them have been so far."

Halford also talked about the importance of continuing to make new music at a time when more and more people have stopped paying to download or physically own albums and started instead consuming music on platforms like Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music.

He said: "It had been some time since [2008's] 'Nostradamus' before we went back out on the road extensively with the 'Redeemer Of Souls' tour.

"It's really important to be a working band and by that, I mean, packing your suitcase, locking the door and getting in the van, if that is what it is. You're still getting in the van, you know? As daunting as that can be at this time of life sometimes, it's still the biggest thrill, privilege and honor to be able to take a band like PRIEST and play to millions of our fans around the world."

He added: "Making a record is important to support that. I don't think we've ever gone on the road for any other purpose, because we want to see our fans again, but mostly, just to show the significance of this band, that we're still out doing what bands should do when they're working bands, which is like showing off your new material. If you're able to still write and record and release, I think that's a bonus; it really is, at this juncture. PRIEST is continually out there proving their point."

• Like 3

js37461183.jpg

Great photo!

When I first saw it I thought it was Rob Halford as a kid. Then I saw the Killing Machine album under his arm and thought, wait a minute is this some kind of Judas Priest Back to the Future situation or something? :LOL:

js37461183.jpg

Great photo!

When I first saw it I thought it was Rob Halford as a kid. Then I saw the Killing Machine album under his arm and thought, wait a minute is this some kind of Judas Priest Back to the Future situation or something? :LOL:

Having this in the 'working on a new album' thread is quite deceiving, Ducky. :tsk:

I was about to say, hey, whatever Rob has been doing to maintain his health lately, he's taken quite a few years off!

• Like 1

js37461183.jpg

Great photo!

Having this in the 'working on a new album' thread is quite deceiving, Ducky. :tsk:

I was about to say, hey, whatever Rob has been doing to maintain his health lately, he's taken quite a few years off!

Yeah but where else am I gonna put it? Besides you need some excitement in your life anyway! :16ton:

• Like 2

Meanwhile...

JUDAS PRIEST Could Be Working On More Than One New Album, Says Drummer SCOTT TRAVIS

August 27, 2016

Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp celebrated its 20th anniversary earlier in the month (August 4-7) with an amazing summer camp featuring British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST. As part of the weekend, PRIEST members Scott Travis (drums) and Ian Hill (bass) participated in a question-and-answer-style interview with 16-year-old radio host Miles "The Shoe" Schuman. They discussed many of the obstacles PRIEST had to overcome over their career, talking in-depth about the struggles that came with the singer change from Rob Halford to Tim "Ripper" Owens, and everything that was going on behind the scenes during that time. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On JUDAS PRIEST's follow-up to 2014's "Redeemer Of Souls" album:

Scott: "We're definitely working on a new record, or maybe even more than one record. But we'll see. It always takes a lot of time."

On how Tim "Ripper" Owens landed the singer gig in JUDAS PRIEST:

Scott: "I had seen Ripper. He was in a cover band, BRITISH STEEL, which was a PRIEST tribute band, believe it or not. And they had come through the town I was living at the time in Virginia, and I had seen him, actually. Of course, he called me up on stage and we jammed a couple of songs. And so when PRIEST was regrouping, I think, around 1995 and asked me to come over. And the idea was that I was gonna come over, and they had a list of singers that we were gonna audition together. And when I came to England to get back with the band, I said, 'Hey, I've got this VHS video cassette tape of this singer.' So we put it in and checked it out. Glenn [Tipton, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist] was, like, 'That's not him singing. That's Rob.' And I go, 'No, dude. It's really him.' Ripper was so good, or convincing on this tape that some of the bandmembers were actually unconvinced that that guy could sing like that on a straight-ass, VHS, hand-held tape, or camera, if you will. So, long story short, then obviously we flew him over, he auditioned, and you know the rest."

On the Tim "Ripper" Owens era of JUDAS PRIEST compared to the Rob Halford era:

Ian: "It was about as successful as it could be. Rob's a very hard act to follow, you know. Ripper has got a great voice, [and he's] a great talent, but he wasn't Rob. So when Rob came back, it was sort of like a homecoming. And Tim agreed with us that Rob should come back in the band. He was all for it, because he was a fan of the band as well, as we all are."

On whether the members of JUDAS PRIEST were worried, prior to getting Tim in the band, about how making a singer change would affect the group's career:

Ian: "Oh, yeah. It's a huge. I mean, a singer is a focal point of the band. PRIEST have got three frontmen — the two guitarists and the vocalist — but the vocalist is the focal point of the band, and to replace him with somebody different, obviously, is a huge change. And we were worried about whether it was gonna go down well or not. Fortunately, it did, and we kept on going."

On whether they ever thought that Owens could end up being PRIEST's singer for the rest of the band's career:

Ian: "Yeah. When [Tim] was in the band, obviously, we all put a hundred percent in, and we were prepared to continue with him, and we would have been perfectly happy to do so. But when Rob made overtures and we started to feel each other out again, like I say, it just felt, obviously, he should come back. It was one of those things that was a no-brainer."

"Redeemer Of Souls" was released in July 2014. The follow-up to 2008's double-disc concept album "Nostradamus" was billed as a return to JUDAS PRIEST's heavy-metal roots

• Like 1

^ Hmmm, another double album, maybe? Or release one as soon as it's done and then wait awhile on the other?

Tasty!

:haz:

Probably two albums. Rob mentioned something about another concept album a while back so maybe a "normal" metal Priest album and a concept album as well.

Rob writing lyrics for the new album...

judaspriestDo not disturb, Metal God in the lyrical #metalsphere. @robhalfordlegacy writing lyrics for the upcoming #JudasPriest album #priestfamily

http://i.imgur.com/i5hJcph.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Lbg3qKG.jpg

• Like 4