An Official Thread For The Real Seattle Kings: QUEENSRŸCHE! One Of The Best US Bands Ever! Until DeGarmo Split!!! F U TATE!

RUSHHEAD666

Yet another band I need to listen to more of.

By the time I get done with you, your new name will be GINARYCHE!

Get every album through "EMPIRE!"

Correction, get every album through Promised Land. That album is great and is much better than the sometimes insanely overrated Empire. The best songs on Empire are the big singles oddly enough.

• Like 2

So, I was living in London Fall of '94 (this was thru DVC Earl, they sent a bunch of idiots over there to attend classes but my goal to find as many non-import cd's as possible, it isn't what it is now so I actually had to fly there to find some shit). I had 5 roommates and 4 of us were total music nuts, and a dude that lived downstairs was a music nut so naturally he found himself at our pad on the regular. One day he comes up and tells me QR is playing a surprise pre-album release show in London later that week and we should try to hook up tix. Of course it sells out in a minute and we have to go to the gig to hit up scalpers. Anyway, the day before a mate of John's, named Greg tells us he knows this chick who may want to come to the gig with us. So we say yeah sure meet us at Bayswater and we'll all go. So he tells us to look for a cute blonde chick in a Fat Albert hat. Ok. He tells her to look out for Sammy Hagar (me) and Jim Carrey (John). WE go wait at the station not knowing wtf to expect and we wait...thats her, no she's not blonde. Wtf is Fat Albert hat anyway. So we wait and finally she comes, as advertised. She talked quite a bit, perhaps she was nervous, I remember motioning to J, oh great she's not gonna shut up all night, but we both found her ultimately charming. We go the Circle Line for a quick jaunt up to Tottenham Court to the Astoria. Huge queue we need to find the ugliest dude with tix outside the venue as possible, He has two. WE score, but we come up empty on a third, hearing this a guy in the queue hand the cute girl his extra ducat and were IN baby. We get up close, DeGarmo side and aside from Bill Walton standing in front of me I'm within loogy distance to the stage. QR went down a storm playing old songs and some new songs from Promised land, which I'm not digging. I don't think they had the bar stage set up but I DO remember Taint in a f***ing leotard, or maybe it was lyrica bike shorts. Either way the show was pretty raging. At one point down in the photo pit a guy was snapping shots of CD and he did a slow roll the head back for the camera, what great timing he had on that pose eh? Yeah i was that close.

So, next day I am getting on the bus really damn early to go to Stonehenge. Looking for a seat on the bus, who do we see? Lovely Sherrie. I made a lifelong friend that day :)

• Like 1

Correction, get every album through Promised Land. That album is great and is much better than the sometimes insanely overrated Empire. The best songs on Empire are the big singles oddly enough.

Fair enough. I enjoyed that record.

NO WAY J!!!!

"ONE AND ONLY" is fuckking the best song on the record. That endless riff at the end is just OFF THE HOOK! Gets me excited like a young male lab on a warm spring day. Better spay your young female animals.

LOL

• Like 1

Lights went off after De Garmo departure; they were a band much ahead of the times in the 80s (Rage For Order" remains on my favourite albums just for how it sounds) but after "Empire" it was just a swamp of confused ideas.

Last two albums with La Torre have resurrected something at least.

Edited by geezer
  • Like 1

You don't like Jet City Woman or Resistance?? Strange. I think the album is pretty flawless but who am I to say.

So, I was living in London Fall of '94 (this was thru DVC Earl, they sent a bunch of idiots over there to attend classes but my goal to find as many non-import cd's as possible, it isn't what it is now so I actually had to fly there to find some shit). I had 5 roommates and 4 of us were total music nuts, and a dude that lived downstairs was a music nut so naturally he found himself at our pad on the regular. One day he comes up and tells me QR is playing a surprise pre-album release show in London later that week and we should try to hook up tix. Of course it sells out in a minute and we have to go to the gig to hit up scalpers. Anyway, the day before a mate of John's, named Greg tells us he knows this chick who may want to come to the gig with us. So we say yeah sure meet us at Bayswater and we'll all go. So he tells us to look for a cute blonde chick in a Fat Albert hat. Ok. He tells her to look out for Sammy Hagar (me) and Jim Carrey (John). WE go wait at the station not knowing wtf to expect and we wait...thats her, no she's not blonde. Wtf is Fat Albert hat anyway. So we wait and finally she comes, as advertised. She talked quite a bit, perhaps she was nervous, I remember motioning to J, oh great she's not gonna shut up all night, but we both found her ultimately charming. We go the Circle Line for a quick jaunt up to Tottenham Court to the Astoria. Huge queue we need to find the ugliest dude with tix outside the venue as possible, He has two. WE score, but we come up empty on a third, hearing this a guy in the queue hand the cute girl his extra ducat and were IN baby. We get up close, DeGarmo side and aside from Bill Walton standing in front of me I'm within loogy distance to the stage. QR went down a storm playing old songs and some new songs from Promised land, which I'm not digging. I don't think they had the bar stage set up but I DO remember Taint in a f***ing leotard, or maybe it was lyrica bike shorts. Either way the show was pretty raging. At one point down in the photo pit a guy was snapping shots of CD and he did a slow roll the head back for the camera, what great timing he had on that pose eh? Yeah i was that close.

So, next day I am getting on the bus really damn early to go to Stonehenge. Looking for a seat on the bus, who do we see? Lovely Sherrie. I made a lifelong friend that day :)

Dude!

You need to listen to me. Rarely does one post I read on here from a member totally gets me going. A goosebump or a chill.

Your story is awesome and I appreciate the time you put into your story. I really felt like I was there!!! As you know I majored in English and you get an A buddy! LOL!

Amazing!

I could write part of a screen play based on your trip.

I love that even though you had a wonderful time you could see the demise of TAINT before your very own eyes in London Town!

I'm glad DeGarmo left.

I really wish I knew you back then. Could you imagine you and I over there together? Hunting and searching for rare cds!!!!! Doing everything we could to find RYCHE tickets?

My God! I love DETROIT ROCK CITY!!! The movie

Let's write a movie called "LONDON RYCHE CITY!"

JET CITY WOMAN BABY!

FUKK YES!

Glad I started this thread!!!!

About time someone did!!!!

Cheers amigo!

I don't care that we have some musical differences! Friends buddy!

• Like 1

Lights went off after De Garmo departure; they were a band much ahead of the times in the 80s (Rage For Order" remains on my favourite albums just for how it sounds) but after "Empire" it was just a swamp of confused ideas.

Last two albums with La Torre have resurrected something at least.

Well there is my good Italian friend! Hello amigo! LOL!

I totally agree with everything you have said.

My God, "RAGE FOR ORDER" blew my MINDCRIME! LOL!

Geezer! You have amazing taste!!!

If I ever get to Italy I'm going to find you! :)

• Like 2

If I had my own "Empire" I would travel the world to meet all of my Rush Forum Friends.

Serious.

I know you know who you are.

Ireland.

UK

Japan

Italy

Brazil

Canada

And of course to all of you who I adore in the USA!

"Money talks, suckers walk but you can't touch my three lock box."

Sammy Hagar

VAN HAGAR SUCKS MY ASS!

• Like 1

Dude!

You need to listen to me. Rarely does one post I read on here from a member totally gets me going. A goosebump or a chill.

Your story is awesome and I appreciate the time you put into your story. I really felt like I was there!!! As you know I majored in English and you get an A buddy! LOL!

Amazing!

I love that even though you had a wonderful time you could see the demise of TAINT before your very own eyes in London Town!

I'm glad DeGarmo left.

I really wish I knew you back then. Could you imagine you and I over there together? Hunting and searching for rare cds!!!!! Doing everything we could to find RYCHE tickets?

JET CITY WOMAN BABY!

FUKK YES!

Cheers amigo!

I saw some bad ass shows there man.

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Allen Holdsworth

Warren Cuccurillo touring his Thanks to Frank album with Nick Beggs on bass.

tons of bad ass blues bands no ones ever heard of.

and amazingly enough I got to see my hero Peter Hammill when I was there, it was a f***ing miracle.

John and my roomie Tom saw Elton.

it was epic. Yeah me and Tom hit a few record fairs over there and I spent a ton of time at HMV, Virgin and Tower and all the amazing indie shops Reckless, Rough Trade, Selectadisk ( you can see all these stores on Berwick St pictured on the cover of Oasis- Whats the Story Morning Glory). Roomie Aaron and I went to Mme Toussauds and had a picture taken with a Jon Bon Jovi wax statue.

Oh and btw cuts from that QR show ended up as bonus tracks on the extended editions of Promised Land I think, but f**k I've never heard that album. Hearing those songs live was enough for me ;)

Now you got me reminiscing and weary eyed. It was a good time.

• Like 1

If I had my own "Empire" I would travel the world to meet all of my Rush Forum Friends.

Serious.

Ireland.

UK

Japan

Italy

Brazil

Canada

Sammy Hagar

VAN HAGAR SUCKS MY ASS!

I still rock the big ass Hagar haircut man...even at age 4---nearly f***ing 43. I don't care. I drive a Subaru. I haven't played music really in 20 years but I still dream about the rock. Its in my blood. You can see me driving with the sunroof open with the kid in the back saying, daddy play some music!!!! We were in line at the store and he saw that a box of m and ms was upside down and he said look daddy ws and ws. I f***ing flipped him upside down and said, what does it say now?? I don't care. You only live once and only the good die young.

Don't take shit from nobody.

Signed

William "The F***ing Kid" Joel

Sammy haters can kiss my Cabo Wabo!

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 2

Serious.

Ireland.

UK

Japan

Italy

Brazil

Canada

Sammy Hagar

VAN HAGAR SUCKS MY ASS!

I still rock the big ass Hagar haircut man...even at age 4---nearly f***ing 43. I don't care. I drive a Subaru. I haven't played music really in 20 years but I still dream about the rock. Its in my blood. You can see me driving with the sunroof open with the kid in the back saying, daddy play some music!!!! We were in line at the store and he saw that a box of m and ms was upside down and he said look daddy ws and ws. I f***ing flipped him upside down and said, what does it say now?? I don't care. You only live once and only the good die young.

Don't take shit from nobody.

Signed

William "The F***ing Kid" Joel

Sammy haters can kiss my Cabo Wabo!

HAHAHA! You are priceless buddy! I love you man! I need to see a pic of you and your hair!!!!! I play my drums everyday. I could go pro but fukk it. Trying to find a good band is like trying to find a good fuckking woman. It's very hard to do. Especially because even though I am now divorced, my ex was a very good woman.

Shit happens amigo.

CABO WABO! "Been there once, you'll be there twice.

Let's meet for a beer! Do you live near me? I don't pry or am nosy. I have no idea where you live!

• Like 2

You don't like Jet City Woman or Resistance?? Strange. I think the album is pretty flawless but who am I to say.

Jet City Woman is a good single and a decent song at best. Best I Can, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening are the best songs on the album by a lot. Most of it is just boring, bland songs that were not on par with what Queensryche was capable of at that time.

• Like 1

Jet City Woman is a good single and a decent song at best. Best I Can, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening are the best songs on the album by a lot. Most of it is just boring, bland songs that were not on par with what Queensryche was capable of at that time.

I met a woman who is into lucid dreaming. I can lucid dream too. Almost like Freddie Kruger. Anyway I wrote down the lyrics of "Silent Lucidity" and she totally fell in love with that song again.

By the way I am not being funny. I seriously can control my dreams. Just not all the time. I remember them all too. I am insane. NOT. I am blessed!

Have you even read the lyrics to "Silent Lucidity?" I never did until I met this woman. Hell and I've heard the song 100 times.

Crazy how my brain is wired for the music over vocals.

Oh well.

• Like 1

Dude!

Amazing!

I'm glad DeGarmo left.

JET CITY WOMAN BABY!

FUKK YES!

Cheers amigo!

I saw some bad ass shows there man.

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Allen Holdsworth

Warren Cuccurillo touring his Thanks to Frank album with Nick Beggs on bass.

tons of bad ass blues bands no ones ever heard of.

and amazingly enough I got to see my hero Peter Hammill when I was there, it was a f***ing miracle.

John and my roomie Tom saw Elton.

it was epic. Yeah me and Tom hit a few record fairs over there and I spent a ton of time at HMV, Virgin and Tower and all the amazing indie shops Reckless, Rough Trade, Selectadisk ( you can see all these stores on Berwick St pictured on the cover of Oasis- Whats the Story Morning Glory). Roomie Aaron and I went to Mme Toussauds and had a picture taken with a Jon Bon Jovi wax statue.

Oh and btw cuts from that QR show ended up as bonus tracks on the extended editions of Promised Land I think, but f**k I've never heard that album. Hearing those songs live was enough for me ;)

Now you got me reminiscing and weary eyed. It was a good time.

I love it buddy! Thanks for sharing yet again! Glad you are going back in time and enjoying your memories. Life is short. Glad I was able to help spark something from your past that makes you happy.

• Like 1

I get it but please tell me how "One And Only" is bland and boring? A riff of the AGES! ROCK OF AGES!

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT MY FRIEND!

"EMPIRE" IS FLAWLESS!

It may be overplayed to some. Too polished. Too MTV. "EMPIRE" is a perfect record to me.

Enjoy it. Embrace it. Love it.

I listened to EMPIRE twice last night.

I am going to listen to it again tonight. It's after Midnight my time. Hence tonight.

Goodnight.

QUEENSRYCHE FUCKKING RULES!!!

Sadly all bands turn into to MUSH.

Well except for..........................

Yep you guessed it....

RUSH!

LOL!!!!

• Like 2

Queensryche up to Hear In The Now Frontier was fricking gold!

Then DeGarmo left and "Taint" and his wife were left in control and turned the band into circus!

Anyone remember this trainwreck?

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/kelli_williams1/QRCabaretWeb_zpsqcdvpwct.jpg

:boo hiss: :wtf: :facepalm:

• Like 1

Me too! I've only got Operation Mindcrime! :oops:

• Like 1

I saw them maybe 8ish years ago open for heaven and hell and Alice cooper with Tate still on board. I was embarrassed for them. At one point they were one of the biggest bands in the world and they got a stage about 5' deep and 15' wide. They sounded like shit and had constant issues with their equipment.

Ahh... The Boys from Bellevue. Seen them a few times. Last time in '99, I think. De Garmo had left. I left shortly after, too. The newest CD in my stack is Hear In The Now Frontier. I've lost track of these guys.

I got force fed these guys from the start with their 4-song EP. A guy I hung out with in high school was completely wound on these guys and I don't think that cassette left that tape deck in his truck for about a month. If you rode with him, that's what you got to listen to. "Hey, these dudes are local!" Some of the fans were maniacal. A guy I worked with wouldn't stop talking about Empire. Even drew the logo on his forklift with a marker.

Good brainiac metal. Promised Land stands as their best for me. The show that year was a mess. Saw it at the Gorge during one of its infamous windstorms. Played hell with the sound.

• Like 1