An Official Thread For The Real Seattle Kings: QUEENSRŸCHE! One Of The Best US Bands Ever! Until DeGarmo Split!!! F U TATE!

RUSHHEAD666

This was the first Queensryche show I saw, in 1991 - Empire had just been released, they were still virtually unknown in Brazil but played between Megadeth and Judas Priest - Guns ´n´ Roses headlined that day:

• Like 2

I saw them maybe 8ish years ago open for heaven and hell and Alice cooper with Tate still on board. I was embarrassed for them. At one point they were one of the biggest bands in the world and they got a stage about 5' deep and 15' wide. They sounded like shit and had constant issues with their equipment.

While they did reach a good level of popularity, I'm not sure that Queensryche at any point was one of the biggest bands in the world.

I saw that tour with them opening for Cooper and Heaven And Hell. They sounded good at my show. The only issue I had with their performance is that Tate came off as a bit delusional. He was holding out the mic to the crowd while they were doing a new song, expecting them to sing along with it. Everyone in the was like "no way dude, we'll wait until you play something that we know that doesn't completely suck".

I saw them maybe 8ish years ago open for heaven and hell and Alice cooper with Tate still on board. I was embarrassed for them. At one point they were one of the biggest bands in the world and they got a stage about 5' deep and 15' wide. They sounded like shit and had constant issues with their equipment.

While they did reach a good level of popularity, I'm not sure that Queensryche at any point was one of the biggest bands in the world.

I saw that tour with them opening for Cooper and Heaven And Hell. They sounded good at my show. The only issue I had with their performance is that Tate came off as a bit delusional. He was holding out the mic to the crowd while they were doing a new song, expecting them to sing along with it. Everyone in the was like "no way dude, we'll wait until you play something that we know that doesn't completely suck".

Playing live at the Grammys is a big deal. In my opinion it makes them one of the biggest bands in the world at that time.

I can assure you, at the show I saw them at they sucked, their sound sucked and they got less room at the front of that stage than geddys dryers.

• Like 2

I love being single in my house! TURBONEGRO'S APOCALYPSE DUDES" just kicked in! HEAVEN BABY!

Where's Wendy hiding now??

In an apartment Duck. Four miles away. All on my nickel. I'm a man, not a fuckking pussy.

Does she still go through your email and TRF posts??? :smoke:

I love being single in my house! TURBONEGRO'S APOCALYPSE DUDES" just kicked in! HEAVEN BABY!

In an apartment Duck. Four miles away. All on my nickel. I'm a man, not a fuckking pussy.

Luckily we don't communicate unless it's a bout the girls. I seriously doubt it and if she does who cares. I have nothing to hide.

Luckily we don't communicate unless it's a bout the girls. I seriously doubt it and if she does who cares. I have nothing to hide.

Except your love of Baby Metal!! :oops:

Except your love of Baby Metal!! :oops:

hey hey hey, no shame in that !

• Like 1

I saw Queensÿche when they opened for KISS at Nassau Coliseum in 1984 ... It was when The Warning was out, and Queensÿche were great ..

It must have been one of Bruce Kulick's first shows with KISS, as no one knew who he was, and they made no attempt to introduce him ( which I found, and still find, completely lame )

Anyways, Queensÿche was on fire and it was sorta the end of the road w/ me and KISS

I remember buying a Queensÿche tshirt ( which I wish I still had ) and not wanting a shirt from the band I no longer recognized

Edited by Lucas

I saw Queensÿche when they opened for KISS at Nassau Coliseum in 1984 ... It was when The Warning was out, and Queensÿche were great ..

It must have been one of Bruce Kulick's first shows with KISS, as no one knew who he was, and they made no attempt to introduce him ( which I found, and still find, completely lame )

Anyways, Queensÿche was on fire and it was sorta the end of the road w/ me and KISS

I remember buying a Queensÿche tshirt ( which I wish I still had ) and not wanting a shirt from the band I no longer recognized

I saw them that tour as well at the end of September '84 and they were supporting Dio then. My gig was at Manchester Apollo.

• Like 1

When I saw KISS that year it was September again and Bon Jovi was the support act, before they hit the big time. I went to two gigs that tour, Manchester Apollo again and Bingley Hall Staffordshire (which is a totally different type of venue).

• Like 1

When I saw KISS that year it was September again and Bon Jovi was the support act, before they hit the big time. I went to two gigs that tour, Manchester Apollo again and Bingley Hall Staffordshire (which is a totally different type of venue).

Treeduck, do you remember who was playing guitar for KISS ??

Was it Mark St John or Kulick ??

If memory serves, the KISS/Queensryche show I saw had been postponed and rescheduled - it is listed as Nov 26 1984 on the 'net, and I'm not sure if that was the original date or the rescheduled date - I think it was the rescheduled date

I remember some BS about Paul having the flu .... It was probably getting Kulick in to learn the songs

EDIT

yep, here it is

It was originally Nov 21st and rescheduled for the 26th

https://musicbrainz.org/event/e068d38b-008a-4afd-a7fb-4aa2935663ff

Edited by Lucas

good lord

Kulick:

September 30th [in Brighton, England] was the first gig in ’84 and [the tour] was about six weeks. It ended in Paris [on November 5] and I wound up taking the Concord home, which was pretty nice

So, by the time we started the U.S. tour, which started in Bethlehem, Penn., on November 15th, they did bring out Mark and let him do the first half of the show and then they let him do the second half of the show. I’m still, kind of, I don’t want to say “suiting up” is the same as what Kiss does now, but what we wore on stage is not what I went to the cafe in the afternoon for lunch, if you know what I mean. But I was all set to go just in case, and then they let him do a whole show and then they sent him home.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-kulick-interview-part-one-2014/

Wikipedia says Mark St John was officially let go by KISS Dec 7th 1984

Treeduck, do you remember who was playing guitar for KISS ??

Was it Mark St John or Kulick ??

If memory serves, the KISS/Queensryche show I saw had been postponed and rescheduled - it is listed as Nov 26 1984 on the 'net, and I'm not sure if that was the original date or the rescheduled date - I think it was the rescheduled date

I remember some BS about Paul having the flu .... It was probably getting Kulick in to learn the songs

EDIT

yep, here it is

It was originally Nov 21st and rescheduled for the 26th

https://musicbrainz....fb-4aa2935663ff

Yeah it was Kulick. I think they were his first ever gigs for KISS. I think his very first one was Brighton. I bought the bootleg tape for that gig and it was the only one where they played Burn Bitch Burn. Anyway Kulick looked a little bit out of it playing off to the side a lot, but played his stuff very well. He used a metallic looking blue Charvel, I think it was, that didn't look very KISS but HE didn't really look very KISS to be honest, even though he sort of had natural KISS hair.

• Like 1

good lord

Kulick:

September 30th [in Brighton, England] was the first gig in ’84 and [the tour] was about six weeks. It ended in Paris [on November 5] and I wound up taking the Concord home, which was pretty nice

So, by the time we started the U.S. tour, which started in Bethlehem, Penn., on November 15th, they did bring out Mark and let him do the first half of the show and then they let him do the second half of the show. I’m still, kind of, I don’t want to say “suiting up” is the same as what Kiss does now, but what we wore on stage is not what I went to the cafe in the afternoon for lunch, if you know what I mean. But I was all set to go just in case, and then they let him do a whole show and then they sent him home.

http://ultimateclass...-part-one-2014/

Wikipedia says Mark St John was officially let go by KISS Dec 7th 1984

Yeah that's the one. A pal of mine Noddy (that was his nickname) was the biggest KISS fan in my area, well among my circle of metalheads anyway. He had his whole bedroom looking like a KISS shrine. He had tons of memorabilia draped about the place plus the usual coffee mugs, hats, masks, gloves, badges, belts you name it, plus about 16 copies of every album. Anyway when I told him KISS had played Burn Bitch Burn at Brighton he thought I was bullshitting until he heard the tape!

• Like 1

It's a pity about St John/Norton, not just with KISS but his whole story with illness and whatnot. I got one of his later albums that he did, White Tiger, it was ok but nothing to write home about.

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!

• Like 1

It's a pity about St John/Norton, not just with KISS but his whole story with illness and whatnot. I got one of his later albums that he did, White Tiger, it was ok but nothing to write home about.

Did you know that Les Claypool produced a White Tiger record.

• Like 1

Did you know that Les Claypool produced a White Tiger record.

Which one was it?

This was the one I got:

http://emcrecords.net/wtcover.jpg