AC/DC is dead!

greyfriar

I wonder if he was ever an equal member of the band contractually, along with Rudd and Cliff Williams. Ron Wood played with the Stones for over 20 years before he was made an equal member. Bon Jovi's bassist has always been on retainer.

Contracts among bands are often screwy. That's why Rush can't just replace Neil and tour without his blessing. Financially, he's one-third of the partnership between them. If they were to replace him with someone, he still gets his share of the touring income while the replacement is on a salary.

And I hope they never have the cajones to ask him to do this either, blessing or not. Just go do solo things....or record with Neil but don't tour. The idea of Rush in 2017 touring without Peart makes me nauseous.

Does anyone actually think that is a serious option?

No. Never will happen IMO.

Never.

• Like 1

I wonder if he was ever an equal member of the band contractually, along with Rudd and Cliff Williams. Ron Wood played with the Stones for over 20 years before he was made an equal member. Bon Jovi's bassist has always been on retainer.

Contracts among bands are often screwy. That's why Rush can't just replace Neil and tour without his blessing. Financially, he's one-third of the partnership between them. If they were to replace him with someone, he still gets his share of the touring income while the replacement is on a salary.

And I hope they never have the cajones to ask him to do this either, blessing or not. Just go do solo things....or record with Neil but don't tour. The idea of Rush in 2017 touring without Peart makes me nauseous.

Totally disregarding the fact that Rush at the end of the day is Geddy and Alex's band and they can do whatever they want regardless on whether or whether not you agree with it (despite the fact that touring as Rush without Neil is really unlikely)........but ok.

Edited by fraroc

Totally disregarding the fact that Rush at the end of the day is Geddy and Alex's band and they can do whatever they want regardless on whether or whether not you agree with it (despite the fact that touring as Rush without Neil is really unlikely)........but ok.

Wouldn't you have to have actually read their contracts to know what rush's arrangement between members is? I think a lot of this is assumption.

Yeah Neil was just some session player they can (and should!) replace. Technically Geddy joined Rush a few weeks after the band was formed. That means it is only Alex's band and he should have every right to replace Ged too

Yeah Neil was just some session player they can (and should!) replace. Technically Geddy joined Rush a few weeks after the band was formed. That means it is only Alex's band and he should have every right to replace Ged too

He would never do that. Oh, wait....

• Like 1

Back to the topic of AC/DC, I was one of the people rolling my eyes at the thought of Axl joining them, but after watching several live clips, I have to give credit where it's due. He's a great fit, at least with how well he's singing at the moment. He sounds better on the Bon era stuff than BJ did. And I think there's something kinda oddly cool looking about him sitting high up in a chair while singing. He should keep doing that even after he's healed if it helps him keep singing as well as he is right now.
  • Like 1

I just feel like a lot of rush fans really just completely bought into the idea that Neil somehow IS the band.

No hell no. But they are not Rush without him. Pretty simple. And while none of us know for sure if they would ever tour without him....I feel 99.99% they would never ever tour as a band named Rush without Neil Peart.

That much I am confident in.

Back to the topic of AC/DC, I was one of the people rolling my eyes at the thought of Axl joining them, but after watching several live clips, I have to give credit where it's due. He's a great fit, at least with how well he's singing at the moment. He sounds better on the Bon era stuff than BJ did. And I think there's something kinda oddly cool looking about him sitting high up in a chair while singing. He should keep doing that even after he's healed if it helps him keep singing as well as he is right now.

Pretty much my view on it. Though I'd like to see him out of the chair.

I was really, really surprised at how well he translates the songs --and yeah, he sounds even better doing the Bon Era stuff.

Look this is easy. Pratt was not a touring guy. He's part of the band and there's no Rush without him. This has happened once already. Quite possibly happening for the second time now.

So, either he comes to an arrangement with the guys to make music as Rush - which may or may not include touring. Alex and Geddy however will make more music together, in or out of Rush - depending on Neil's involvement. They simply will not do Rush without him.

Edited by grep