AC/DC is dead!

greyfriar

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

• Like 2

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

As long as the body holds up, I say go for it

But if Brian Johnson is going to go completely deaf, it won't be enjoyable to see him up there knowing he's doing potential harm to himself

It's kinda like Wes Welker's last attempt with the Broncos - everyone knew he was one hit away from another concussion, and regardless of anything else, you don't want to watch people harm themselves

• Like 2

70 years old

As long as the body holds up, I say go for it

But if Brian Johnson is going to go completely deaf, it won't be enjoyable to see him up there knowing he's doing potential harm to himself

It's kinda like Wes Welker's last attempt with the Broncos - everyone knew he was one hit away from another concussion, and regardless of anything else, you don't want to watch people harm themselves

Aye... :hail:

Could this be something AC/DC cannot get out of for financial reasons?

And by AC/DC it seems we may be meaning Angus?

With Malcom gone and Brian gone, how is it AC/DC...?

What ? I thought they were dead after Bon Scott left the earth. :huh:

Bon Scott works at a pub in Adelaide, everyone knows that

• Like 3

I think financial reasons play a big part in getting Axl to finish the tour. Aren't a number of these shows in Europe? They are probably festival headliners and A LOT of tickets were sold because they have top billing. Not that the band needs any more money but i'm sure they don't want to lose millions of dollars by refunding tickets and not getting their fee to play the shows.

Who knows what the contracts for these shows stipulate as well? Maybe there's legal action that can be taken against the band if they don't play.

No. Without Mal I dont think there is a band. Its even less ACDC without him than it is Rush without Neil.

• Like 1

No. Without Mal I dont think there is a band. Its even less ACDC without him than it is Rush without Neil.

I really don't think that's an accurate analogy. Drummers and lyricists aren't quite the same as rhythm guitarists

Edited by fraroc

That really isn't a good analogy

Why not? Oh im waiting on pins and needles to see this.

• Like 1

That really isn't a good analogy

Why not? Oh im waiting on pins and needles to see this.

See my edited posts.

Really dirty move by Angus. I realize he's the head honcho and all, but I used to respect him a lot more. Not that I've ever been an AC/DC fan, but booting Johnson is low. This is two minutes to midnight in your career....so go out with some class and dignity. This just reeks.
  • Like 1

How can Axl be the new AC/DC singer if he's busy being in the reformed "original" Guns N Roses line-up??

Its only for a few weeks to complete their scheduled arrangements.

Will Brian be back afterwards?

From the sounds of things he's been fired by Angus....owing almost nothing to his hearing issue, which is said to be both convenient and overstated. We'll see.

What ? I thought they were dead after Bon Scott left the earth. :huh:

I've seen people make this comparison, but it's pretty silly really. That was 35 years ago...half or better of their lifetimes ago, and when they were still young as well. I can't imagine retirement was on their mind at age 25. I don't blame them for replacing Bon then and at least giving it a go, but at this point -- if Brian can't go on or things aren't well in the family band camp -- then just hang it up. Brian has earned more than just a brief, two-sentence "...we want to thank Brian for all his years and dedication" dismissal. Did they give him a company watch too? UGH.

• Like 4

The most troubling aspect about this whole situation, is that Johnson does not think his hearing is that bad and was shocked to be ditched so quickly.

If they must replace him, I would have gone with Angry Anderson of Rose Tattoo.

I'm sure he would be a much more suitable replacement than Rose.

• Like 1

The most troubling aspect about this whole situation, is that Johnson does not think his hearing is that bad and was shocked to be ditched so quickly.

If they must replace him, I would have gone with Angry Anderson of Rose Tattoo.

I'm sure he would be a much more suitable replacement than Rose.

I find it funny when people suggested that AC/DC should get some unknown that the majority of their fans wouldn't even know to replace Brian. They are far to big of a band at this point go out and get somebody people don't know. They needed a big name to replace Brian and they did just that.

The whole situation with Brian was handled poorly though. Maybe Angus was looking out for Brian's long term health and he had good intentions when getting rid of him. He just handled it in the worst way possible.

How can Axl be the new AC/DC singer if he's busy being in the reformed "original" Guns N Roses line-up??

Its only for a few weeks to complete their scheduled arrangements.

Will Brian be back afterwards?

From the sounds of things he's been fired by Angus....owing almost nothing to his hearing issue, which is said to be both convenient and overstated. We'll see.

I don't understand how they can be firing him. I mean I can't imagine other bands doing this with long standing band members of 35+ years. I mean they didn't even fire Phil Rudd after all his crazy antics.

• Like 2