AC/DC is dead!

greyfriar

The saddest thing about Brian's departure is he never told the band he had to quit, only wanted to discuss his doctor's opinion. Then they dropped him off at the next block and posted to their webpage that Brian quit. That is simply not true based on what Brian said himself in interviews. Similar to Jon Anderson being canned from Yes at the drop of a hat...

If you have tickets to one of the shows, I guess you're glad they didn't get someone off the street, like Quiet Riot did. I guess. I suppose.

For Axl's debut they busted out Riff Raff for the first time since 1979. Not bad.

I saw a couple of videos, and honestly it wasn't bad. Axl is using his drive again - who knows how long it'll last...

• Like 1

Heard a vid yesterday morning. A lot better than I expected, I had the wrong opinion about this before.
  • Like 3

Heard a vid yesterday morning. A lot better than I expected, I had the wrong opinion about this before.

I hear ya, thats what i was thinking

I still find Axl not a great choice but it seems he's doing fine. Bad luck added the funny 'R'n'R singer on a chair' situation and I hope Angus don't get sciatica in the meanwhile.

I think i'm the only one who still isnt buying this. I could care less if Axl sounds ok. It is still a joke IMO. I just cant support this. It looks like some sort of SNL skit with him and his broken leg sitting on a throne bullshit. Yikes.

I'm just waiting for the day to come when Angus decides he's had enough of his shit. Axl is going to find a way to f**k this gig up and when Angus gives him the boot and they either get Brian back or they get a new singer, he's undoubtedly going to play the victim.

What ? I thought they were dead after Bon Scott left the earth. :huh:

I've seen people make this comparison, but it's pretty silly really. That was 35 years ago...half or better of their lifetimes ago, and when they were still young as well. I can't imagine retirement was on their mind at age 25. I don't blame them for replacing Bon then and at least giving it a go, but at this point -- if Brian can't go on or things aren't well in the family band camp -- then just hang it up. Brian has earned more than just a brief, two-sentence "...we want to thank Brian for all his years and dedication" dismissal. Did they give him a company watch too? UGH.

Plus, Bon did.specifically say if anything happened to him, he wanted Johnson to take his place

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

That's why I laugh when rumors were flying last year that Plant was cool with the idea of getting back together with Page. Page is 72. How could that possibly be a good show? :huh:

Rock and Roll acts are not supposed to use an intermission to change their depends. ;)

You're going to judge a show solely based on a guy's age? That's something I don't get about people who detract old acts. Age is just a number, Sir Paul is 73 and still going strong.

age is just a number? That's the most ignorant and obtuse thing I've read in a long time. You're still trying to defend your odious position that Neil.should never retire to suit your needs.

Age is getting physically old and mentally old. Some people don't age as well as other. I jist saw Gilmour play a few weeks ago, and at 70, he was still amazing. However, Daltry, Townsend and the Stones are making asses of themselves. They're just terrible and stealing from people who have this desire to waste money on lounge acts.

I'm just waiting for the day to come when Angus decides he's had enough of his shit. Axl is going to find a way to f**k this gig up and when Angus gives him the boot and they either get Brian back or they get a new singer, he's undoubtedly going to play the victim.

Really? Axl is gonna f**k this up? We're still on those 25 year old jokes?

Axl doesn't pull the shit he used to back in the day. He hasn't for a number of years now. I seem to be the only one hoping that he finally proves all the naysayers wrong when he completes the tours of both AC/DC and GnR without any problems. The guy is still performing with a broken ankle. He has to sit there on a chair and look like a complete idiot on stage. There is no way the old Axl would have gone through with that. He would have postponed the shows until he was healed. If this doesn't prevent him from performing and prove that he's a changed man then nothing will.

• Like 1

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

That's why I laugh when rumors were flying last year that Plant was cool with the idea of getting back together with Page. Page is 72. How could that possibly be a good show? :huh:

Rock and Roll acts are not supposed to use an intermission to change their depends. ;)

You're going to judge a show solely based on a guy's age? That's something I don't get about people who detract old acts. Age is just a number, Sir Paul is 73 and still going strong.

age is just a number? That's the most ignorant and obtuse thing I've read in a long time. You're still trying to defend your odious position that Neil.should never retire to suit your needs.

Age is getting physically old and mentally old. Some people don't age as well as other. I jist saw Gilmour play a few weeks ago, and at 70, he was still amazing. However, Daltry, Townsend and the Stones are making asses of themselves. They're just terrible and stealing from people who have this desire to waste money on lounge acts.

I saw The Stones last summer and they blew me away. There are in no way making asses of themselves. I went in expecting just to see some old men put on a decent show and that was it. I was blown away by their performance more than I ever could have imagined. Mick is still in great shape for a guy north of 70 and remains one of the best frontmen in rock. Keith and Ronnie's playing was full of enthusiasm and energy. I was as shocked as anyone that they were that good.

Axl doesn't pull the shit he used to back in the day. He hasn't for a number of years now. I seem to be the only one hoping that he finally proves all the naysayers wrong when he completes the tours of both AC/DC and GnR without any problems. The guy is still performing with a broken ankle. He has to sit there on a chair and look like a complete idiot on stage. There is no way the old Axl would have gone through with that. He would have postponed the shows until he was healed. If this doesn't prevent him from performing and prove that he's a changed man then nothing will.

He sounded pretty good in the clips I've heard. Long term the AC/DC stuff may not be good for him, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I never liked Axl but it'd be a shame if he f***ed it up. He'd be f***ing up the chance ACDC gave him, he'd be f***ing up thousands of fans' evening out, and he'd be f***ing up his own chance to do well.

I saw that Thunderstruck vid. It's not my thing but I can't say he made a fool of himself in the least.

And good for him for bouncing on that chair and singing those tunes (despite me not liking his voice). Effort goes a long way in my book.