AC/DC is dead!

greyfriar

Well, axl can sing.

He can?

Strange that people are getting on Axl because they think he can't sing, yet they say nothing about Brian's voice even though he can't really sing that great himself.

I didn't mention Brian because Brian wasn't mentioned. Why is it strange for people to have preferences and opinions?

I always thought Axl was shit. 20+ years ago when he sang "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" I wanted to throw a hammer at him. That's how crap I thought he was.

And I never thought Brian was great...though I do enjoy listening to the occasional ACDC tune every half decade or so.

Broken down: Axl's voice annoys me, Brian's doesn't. You listen to Rush... you should be used to people criticizing vocalists by now.

I wonder if he was ever an equal member of the band contractually, along with Rudd and Cliff Williams. Ron Wood played with the Stones for over 20 years before he was made an equal member. Bon Jovi's bassist has always been on retainer.

Contracts among bands are often screwy. That's why Rush can't just replace Neil and tour without his blessing. Financially, he's one-third of the partnership between them. If they were to replace him with someone, he still gets his share of the touring income while the replacement is on a salary.

And I hope they never have the cajones to ask him to do this either, blessing or not. Just go do solo things....or record with Neil but don't tour. The idea of Rush in 2017 touring without Peart makes me nauseous.

Still, I'd bet 90% of TRF would see a Rush gig again labeled as "Rush" even if it didn't have Peart. 8% would say they wouldn't see that gig but would secretly do so anyway. The last 2% would die from the shock of a tour happening without Peart.

There are probably some who would go see Alex Lifeson bill himself as RUSH with no Geddy or Neil too. What some people will abide perplexes me. :D

Well, axl can sing.

He can?

Strange that people are getting on Axl because they think he can't sing, yet they say nothing about Brian's voice even though he can't really sing that great himself.

I didn't mention Brian because Brian wasn't mentioned. Why is it strange for people to have preferences and opinions?

I always thought Axl was shit. 20+ years ago when he sang "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" I wanted to throw a hammer at him. That's how crap I thought he was.

And I never thought Brian was great...though I do enjoy listening to the occasional ACDC tune every half decade or so.

Broken down: Axl's voice annoys me, Brian's doesn't. You listen to Rush... you should be used to people criticizing vocalists by now.

Where did I ever say that it was strange to have preferences and opinions? I've seen it said a number of times already that Axl can't sing, yet the people who say that don't seem to take issue with the fact Brian can't sing either. Just pointing out a little hole in the logic, that's all.

Well, axl can sing.

He can?

Where did I ever say that it was strange to have preferences and opinions? I've seen it said a number of times already that Axl can't sing, yet the people who say that don't seem to take issue with the fact Brian can't sing either. Just pointing out a little hole in the logic, that's all.

This isn't a logical or mathematical equation. There's no hole. These are preferences and opinions. There's nothing strange about liking one and not the other.

<<<<Check my avatar.

AC/DC (kinda) died when Bon did.

Yes they still made kick-ass records (and I love me ACCA DACCA), but a lot of the magic disappeared without Bon on vocals.

• Like 5

<<<<Check my avatar.

AC/DC (kinda) died when Bon did.

Yes they still made kick-ass records (and I love me ACCA DACCA), but a lot of the magic disappeared without Bon on vocals.

I got BiB and for those about to rock but that's it. Really have only heard songs on radio since then. Brian seems like a hell of guy but Bon brought the sleaze and humor to the band that I loved.

• Like 1

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

That's why I laugh when rumors were flying last year that Plant was cool with the idea of getting back together with Page. Page is 72. How could that possibly be a good show? :huh:

Rock and Roll acts are not supposed to use an intermission to change their depends. ;)

• Like 1

Brian Johnson is 68 years old .. Even if he were to remain with the band, at the earliest a new album would be out when he is 70

70 years old

When I first saw AC/DC on The Midnight Special in 1978, it never entered into the equation that this band would eventually have guys in their 70s

There comes a time when reality must set in and things need to be put into perspective

I loved them with Bon, and Angus is a one of a kind ... But he looks ridiculous in that uniform now, with the hat covering up a bald head

He's the same age as Glenn Tipton. Glenn will be 69 later in the year. When the new album is out and the next Priest tour starts he'll be 70.

That's why I laugh when rumors were flying last year that Plant was cool with the idea of getting back together with Page. Page is 72. How could that possibly be a good show? :huh:

Rock and Roll acts are not supposed to use an intermission to change their depends. ;)

You're going to judge a show solely based on a guy's age? That's something I don't get about people who detract old acts. Age is just a number, Sir Paul is 73 and still going strong.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

70 years old

You're going to judge a show solely based on a guy's age? That's something I don't get about people who detract old acts. Age is just a number, Sir Paul is 73 and still going strong.

But Paul still tours regularly, so that keeps him in good enough shape to play great shows at an older age. When was the last time Jimmy Page toured extensively? That's where his age can work against him because he's not used to being out on the road and might not be able to handle it as well. You can't just take a 72 year old man who hasn't toured in many years and expect him to just get up on stage and kill it every show.

• Like 1

70 years old

I literally laughed out loud.

• Like 2

70 years old

You think you're SO funny. Guess what, you're not.

70 years old

Guess what. Look at the post immediately above yours. You know what else, I don't think I'm funny. I KNOW I'm funny. :moon:

70 years old

Guess what. Look at the post immediately above yours. You know what else, I don't think I'm funny. I KNOW I'm funny. :moon:

I didn't know one of the requirements of "being funny" was to shit on someone you supposedly "like" and insult them based on their age.

70 years old

I didn't know one of the requirements of "being funny" was to shit on someone you supposedly "like" and insult them based on their age.

You're taking what he said way too seriously. He was just making a joke.

I don't know what kind of relationship you might have with your parents or grandparents or anyone older than you, but you've never cracked an "old man" joke around one of them that was meant to be playful and completely harmless fun. That's really all that depends joke was.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

70 years old

You're taking what he said way too seriously. He was just making a joke.

I don't know what kind of relationship you might have with your parents or grandparents or anyone older than you, but you've never cracked an "old man" joke around one of them that was meant to be playful and completely harmless fun. That's really all that depends joke was.

This thread is full of old men! Go home oldies! Good job there's a young duck in here to bring some youth to the conversation! :sundog:

• Like 1

70 years old

• Like 2

70 years old

Sergeant Hulka!

:)

• Like 2

70 years old

Sergeant Hulka!

:)

Aka The Big Toe

• Like 2

Doesn't it just say he's helping them finish up this tour? Doesn't sound like the commitment goes any further than that.

agreed. I just hope axl's performances of "BBQ City" and "Whole Lotta Donuts" don't make my extra June 23 GNR tix lose value...

• Like 1

70 years old

You think you are RIGHT about everything. Guess what, you're not.

• Like 1

The saddest thing about Brian's departure is he never told the band he had to quit, only wanted to discuss his doctor's opinion. Then they dropped him off at the next block and posted to their webpage that Brian quit. That is simply not true based on what Brian said himself in interviews. Similar to Jon Anderson being canned from Yes at the drop of a hat...
  • Like 1