Best Rush "Four Pack?"

Thunder Bay Rush

As I suspected, many people here agree with me... AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and MP. Quite a few nod to the Signals album too, in a hotly contested debate!

So, which SONG out of the four-pack is your number one?

Mine... would have to be Cygnus X1, Book II - Hemispheres, side one. No contest.

• Like 1

As I suspected, many people here agree with me... AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and MP. Quite a few nod to the Signals album too, in a hotly contested debate!

So, which SONG out of the four-pack is your number one?

Mine... would have to be Cygnus X1, Book II - Hemispheres, side one. No contest.

Probably Free Will. To me it encompasses all that is great about Rush, great lyrics, great musicianship, yet still capable of accessibility.

Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

I was confused til I remembered this has four tracks.

WINNER!

For me it has to include GUP so.....MP, SIGNALS, GUP, PoW

So PoW > PeW?

Egads. :)

Although PeW has Freewill and Natural Science I feel that the Entre Nous and Different Strings are pleasant but not outstanding songs.Jacobs Ladder took awhile to grow on me and SOR I have never really liked for some reason and its been over played.Power Windows is just outstanding from start to finish but by this time the band had changed their sound(and haircuts)

So PoW > PeW?

Although PeW has Freewill and Natural Science I feel that the Entre Nous and Different Strings are pleasant but not outstanding songs.Jacobs Ladder took awhile to grow on me and SOR I have never really liked for some reason and its been over played.Power Windows is just outstanding from start to finish but by this time the band had changed their sound(and haircuts)

The only thing PoW is missing is Casio-keyboard dog sounds. The album could make an ok EP.

• Like 1

So PoW > PeW?

The only thing PoW is missing is Casio-keyboard dog sounds. The album could make an ok EP.

GUP was the first album I bought on the day of release that I didn't love immediately. When Big Money was released, I remember hoping before I first heard it that they were going to at least dial it back to Signals level synths. When I did hear it, I was not excited.