Which side are you on? Civil War just weeks away!

Lost In Xanadu

It's got 94% on RottenTomatoes.

not very Rotten....

My wife is on the fence about this movie. She loves both the Ironman and Captain characters, and thinks it will be hard to watch them fight :LOL:

• Like 2

It's got 94% on RottenTomatoes.

not very Rotten....

My wife is on the fence about this movie. She loves both the Ironman and Captain characters, and thinks it will be hard to watch them fight :LOL:

:LOL:

It'll be like Rocky vs Apollo all over again. No true villain, just opponents. She shouldn't worry though since there will surely be a Clubberlang or Drago to fight in Civil War.

• Like 1

I don't give two shits, but team Iron Man. Oh and T'Challa's BP outfit looks freakin' amazing.

Yeah it does!

I want him to smack around Winter Soldier for a bit! Damn that Bucky! Or better yet, Hawkeye. He's kind of a wanker. In the comics anyway.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

How can Cap's team beat Iron Man? They've got an archer, an ant, two psycho chicks, and three guys with virtually no "super" power. The Vision himself can wipe everyone out. He's got an infinity stone fer crying out loud.

You underestimate Scarlet Witch. And i assume you havent seen what she's done in the comics.

Yeah but TM has a good point, Cap's team is woefully outgunned even with Scarlet Witch.

I like the Witch chick.

Even more than the lovely Black Widow.

Have faith in the power of magic.

How can Cap's team beat Iron Man? They've got an archer, an ant, two psycho chicks, and three guys with virtually no "super" power. The Vision himself can wipe everyone out. He's got an infinity stone fer crying out loud.

You underestimate Scarlet Witch. And i assume you havent seen what she's done in the comics.

Yeah but TM has a good point, Cap's team is woefully outgunned even with Scarlet Witch.

I like the Witch chick.

Even more than the lovely Black Widow.

Have faith in the power of magic.

I reckon she'll do a number on Vision. She's got the greatest chance of being able to harm him anyway.

Just saw this.

So damn good for many different reasons.

If you like the MCU flicks, you'll definitely like this.

It's the best Cap movie made (I thought Cap: First Avenger was decent and Cap: Winter Soldier was excellent) and it was better than any of the Iron Man or Thor flicks + Avengers: Age of Ultron. Cool fist pounding action and exciting use of superpowers without being over the top cheesy. [That's DC's job! ;) ] IMHO, Civil War is probably the second best MCU film after Avengers 1.

Nice balance of the cast and use of Black Panther & Spidey. Liked the playful Spidey intro. Both characters were done justice in the film.

I had a slight issue with two characters [that'll remain nameless for somewhat of spoiler's sake...not any of the heroes though] but it didn't really detract from the flick. It was just HOW they were translated from the comics to the big screen that was my very mild issue.

Grade: A

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Just saw this.

It's the best Cap movie made (I thought Cap: First Avenger was decent and Cap: Winter Soldier was excellent) and it was better than any of the Iron Man or Thor flicks + Avengers: Age of Ultron. Cool fist pounding action and exciting use of superpowers without being over the top cheesy. [That's DC's job! ;) ] IMHO, Civil War is probably the second best MCU film after Avengers 1.

Nice balance of the cast and use of Black Panther & Spidey. Liked the playful Spidey intro. Both characters were done justice in the film.

I had a slight issue with two characters [that'll remain nameless for somewhat of spoiler's sake...not any of the heroes though] but it didn't really detract from the flick. It was just HOW they were translated from the comics to the big screen that was my very mild issue.

Going to see it this weekend, and seeing I don't follow the comics, I assume I will not even notice any issue with the 2 characters you did?

Just saw this.

Going to see it this weekend, and seeing I don't follow the comics, I assume I will not even notice any issue with the 2 characters you did?

One you'll notice but it's the one that doesn't really matter to the story itself.

The other one, though important, you won't notice (since you don't know the character) so that doesn't matter either.

So is this the new trend...Good Guys vs. Good Guys??

Or is there more evil guys lurking in the shadows?

I don't follow comics, I just find it strange in 50 years of comic book films, we have 2 of these type of films in 2 months.......

So is this the new trend...Good Guys vs. Good Guys??

Or is there more evil guys lurking in the shadows?

I don't follow comics, I just find it strange in 50 years of comic book films, we have 2 of these type of films in 2 months.......

No it's not a new trend. Good guys have always fought good guys...

This comic is nearly 50 years old...

http://www.comic-covers.com/Marvel/MarvelA-B/Avengers/images/AVEN071.JPG

...but there are others approaching 80 years old that have heroes vs heroes.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/marvel-comics/9-1.jpg

The crappy Batman vs Superman flick was very loosely based on the classic 1980s Dark Knight Returns storyline.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/30/618x464/comics-the-dark-knight-returns.jpg

I don't find it strange. That Bats vs Supes movie was going to be made at some point. There had been plans for it well over a decade ago. There's even a mock poster for it in the background of one scene in Will Smith's I Am Legend (was that 2006?). DC dropped the ball on that movie though. Typical of them.

The Civil War Storyline is about 10 years old itself. And it's a good adaptation and more streamlined to fit the MCU happenings. I can't say enough about the Cap: Civil War movie. Comics or not, if you enjoy the Marvel movies you'll definitely like this. No comics are necessary to enjoy it but IF you DO like comics, you'll love it.

http://gfbrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/CivilWarBanner.jpg

We were talking about going to see this tonight or tomorrow, and my daughter said "I want the Scarlet Witch's power so I can stop cars on my walk to school." :LOL:

We live 2 blocks from the HS and she only crosses 1 street...

We were talking about going to see this tonight or tomorrow, and my daughter said "I want the Scarlet Witch's power so I can stop cars on my walk to school." :LOL:

We live 2 blocks from the HS and she only crosses 1 street...

:LOL:

The Witch's power is raw in this.

Just got back from seeing it. Loved it!!!

I especially loved the new Spidey

EXCELLENT FILM! :haz: :haz: :haz:

Very entertaining. It had a very good mix of action, poignant scenes between characters, good laughs, and some excellent surprises - large and small...!! :LOL:

I was eager to see how the "civil war" would unfold, and who, if anyone, was willing to go all the way and kill .... and if they had a valid reason to kill. It was done very well.

The storyline smartly addressed the reactions of the everyday citizen and the governments of the world to the ever growing presence and actions of "enhanced beings". What does one do with super-powered beings (human or alien) who do whatever they want, without asking anyone's permission....even if they're trying to do what's best? Do you trust them blindly and let them do as they please, or do you try to keep them under control....or even shut them down completely?

Kudos to special guest stars Marisa Tomei, Martin Freeman, Alfre Woodward, Tom Holland and John Hurt.

Extra Kudos to Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther. He hit a home run in this film, and I can't wait to see his own film. :haz:

I give Captain America: Civil War a score of 8 out of 10. GREAT FUN!!

• Like 1

I really liked it, but the more I thought about it... other than some cool fighting scenes, nothing really happened. The story wasn't advanced much at all

Yup. Spidey finally portrayed by a guy that looks like a teen and actually is a teen. He's passable as both bright and geeky....two things Andrew Garfield couldn't seem to pull off IMHO.

The initial Stark/Parker scene is quality.

• Like 2

I really liked it, but the more I thought about it... other than some cool fighting scenes, nothing really happened. The story wasn't advanced much at all

It sets up for the next series of events. In the comics the team does fracture. The difference where the movie is concerned is that Cap isn't busting anyone out of superhero jail. And I liked that difference!...because it follows the comics up to a point but doesn't become a predictable copy of them. I hear you though.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

EXCELLENT FILM! :haz: :haz: :haz:

Very entertaining. It had a very good mix of action, poignant scenes between characters, good laughs, and some excellent surprises - large and small...!! :LOL:

I was eager to see how the "civil war" would unfold, and who, if anyone, was willing to go all the way and kill .... and if they had a valid reason to kill. It was done very well.

Extra Kudos to Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther. He hit a home run in this film, and I can't wait to see his own film. :haz:

I give Captain America: Civil War a score of 8 out of 10. GREAT FUN!!

It also addressed the statements said by some in this thread that Team Cap would be too overmatched...two things I said a few weeks ago that would happen: (1) Scarlet Witch doing a number on Vision because she's the only one that is capable, (2) Ant-Man shrinking and infiltrating Iron Man or War Machine's armor.

Giant Man was a given because that toy tank in the Ant-Man flick was already enlarged. Also, Giant Man would even up the odds a little and throw off the raw power of team Iron Man. But I can't imagine how many comic geeks were geeking out when Ant-Man hitched a ride on Hawkeye's arrow (as I had hoped & straight out of the comics).

Though a few of the action scenes were guessable by comic fans like me, there were plenty of treats and storylines that were so well done.

I'm looking forward to the Panther, Spidey, and Infinity War flicks with great anticipation. Also, I not only expect Doc Strange to be cleverly placed in the whole scheme of Infinity things too but also to be a fun change of pace with his own movie tone and themes.

• Like 1

Yup. Spidey finally portrayed by a guy that looks like a teen and actually is a teen. He's passable as both bright and geeky....two things Andrew Garfield couldn't seem to pull off IMHO.

Garfield's Spiderman was a dooshbag, and the film was a trainwreck. They should both be forgotten.

Garfield's Spiderman was a dooshbag, and the film was a trainwreck. They should both be forgotten.

I'm trying to forget.

It sets up for the next series of events. In the comics the team does fracture. The difference where the movie is concerned is that Cap isn't busting anyone out of superhero jail. And I liked that difference!...because it follows the comics up to a point but doesn't become a predictable copy of them. I hear you though.

I think the story advanced in more subtle ways. Certain Avengers' romances, the Winter Soldier story, and how the world deals with the Avengers (and vice versa). Whether or not the Avengers are a cohesive unit and are regulated by a global government will definitely be tested when Thanos comes a callin'....... :o :o

Saw it. Loved it. Overarching themes are heavy, yet the comic relief provided an oasis within the darkness. I havn't seen Winter Soldier, so I'm lacking in that department.

Big Ant Man fan. That movie impressed me on several levels, mainly screenwriting. The Spiderman bit was great...they've found their guy there. When Giant Man appeared my kids went ape, and it was a charge. Wonder why?

Black Panther on film is infinitely more interesting than on pulp. Certainly worthy of his own gig.

Aunt May is hot BTW.

• Like 1

Saw it. Loved it. Overarching themes are heavy, yet the comic relief provided an oasis within the darkness. I havn't seen Winter Soldier, so I'm lacking in that department.

Big Ant Man fan. That movie impressed me on several levels, mainly screenwriting. The Spiderman bit was great...they've found their guy there. When Giant Man appeared my kids went ape, and it was a charge. Wonder why?

Black Panther on film is infinitely more interesting than on pulp. Certainly worthy of his own gig.

Aunt May is hot BTW.

You need to read more stuff on Panther since you're using the word "infinitely more interesting" here. I'd say he was very well done in the flick but there's a wealth of prime Panther interactions with other heroes AND doing his own thang in comics.

The Spidey and Lang lines were spot on what they should've been. Totally agree with the great use of comic relief (though not overdone or forced) amidst the heavier main themes

• Like 2