What Is Your Ultimate Under-rated Top 5 Rush Tunes?

presto123

I don't think any of the good songs are under-rated.

Most songs that are under-rated deserve to be. :LOL:

Opinions...

I think COS is overrated and doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Fixed that for ya.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I love everybody's responses, but there are a few mentioned that got PLENTY of attention from the band or radio. Distant Early Warning? That was all over MTV and radio. Presto? That was a single on radio and has been played in concert. Territories? I don't think that was a single, but it has been given plenty of love by the band live. I was more talking about those songs the were ignored by both the band and by radio/video channels. If you prefer to post not so obscure songs, go right ahead though as I love reading people's lists:)
  • Like 2

1. Fountain of Lamneth

2. Anagram

3. Bravest Face

4. Middletown Dreams

5. Second Nature

Mick

Anagram, Bravest Face and Middletown still have not grown on me even after 25 years of being a fan. Anagram and Bravest Face in particular I don't think I've heard in awhile. Just not clicking with me. Second Nature though, I have always loved. Good pick!

The Necromancer

Everyday Glory

Afterimage

Chemistry

Red Lenses

I really like Red Lenses. Always thought it was one of the better songs on GuP. Certainly better than Between the Wheels or Afterimage, which I think are the weakest songs on that one.

Love to see Red Lenses getting some love. I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked it better than Kid Gloves.

Over the years, Red Lenses has grown on me. But it still has a long way to go until its in the same class as Kid Gloves. :)

The Necromancer

Everyday Glory

Afterimage

Chemistry

Red Lenses

I really like Red Lenses. Always thought it was one of the better songs on GuP. Certainly better than Between the Wheels or Afterimage, which I think are the weakest songs on that one.

Oh man, Between The Wheels features my favorite Lifeson solo of all time. Goosebumps on goosebumps. haha

• Like 3

I don't think any of the good songs are under-rated.

Most songs that are under-rated deserve to be. :LOL:

Opinions...

I think Signals is overrated and doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

You're nuts. Go make some cup cakes.
  • Like 2

The Necromancer

Everyday Glory

Afterimage

Chemistry

Red Lenses

There are no weak songs on GUP. ;)
  • Like 1

The Necromancer

Everyday Glory

Afterimage

Chemistry

Red Lenses

I agree. I've always thought sonically that GUP is one of the most unique sounding records of all time. I can't think of a record by any other band that sounds like GUP. Even though it's not a concept record it almost feels like it. The fact that it sounds nothing like Signals and the fact that many Rush fans were not prepared for it and didn't embrace it right out of the gates, but came to love it later gives more credence that it is an all time unique record.

• Like 2

Different Strings

halo Effect

Sweet Miracle

Cut to the Chase

Territories

In no particular order.

Solid list. Solid guy making the list...aside from those stalking claims. You're great otherwise

You promised to keep the news about those restraining orders a secret!

The Necromancer

Everyday Glory

Afterimage

Chemistry

Red Lenses

I agree. I've always thought sonically that GUP is one of the most unique sounding records of all time. I can't think of a record by any other band that sounds like GUP. Even though it's not a concept record it almost feels like it. The fact that it sounds nothing like Signals and the fact that many Rush fans were not prepared for it and didn't embrace it right out of the gates, but came to love it later gives more credence that it is an all time unique record.

It's funny you say that, because it took me years before I recognized the genius that is GUP. :LOL:

I love everybody's responses, but there are a few mentioned that got PLENTY of attention from the band or radio. Distant Early Warning? That was all over MTV and radio. Presto? That was a single on radio and has been played in concert. Territories? I don't think that was a single, but it has been given plenty of love by the band live. I was more talking about those songs the were ignored by both the band and by radio/video channels. If you prefer to post not so obscure songs, go right ahead though as I love reading people's lists:)

I agree with Distant Early Warning...waaay too loved to list IMO For me, I could've skipped over more liked songs such as the one tour played Presto (was that even a single?) and Territories...so now I will...

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Entre Nous

3. Good News First

4. Cinderella Man

5. Dog Years

I love all 5 ...backlash be damned. :P

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

I agree with Distant Early Warning...waaay too loved to list IMO For me, I could've skipped over more liked songs such as the one tour played Presto (was that even a single?) and Territories...so now I will...

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Entre Nous

3. Good News First

4. Cinderella Man

5. Dog Years

Yes, the song Presto was a single. I remember hearing it on rock radio. I believe it was the third single released and faded pretty quickly.

EDIT: Actually, I guess it was the second single and charted one position higher than The Pass. Huh, never would have guessed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presto_%28album%29#Singles

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Entre Nous

3. Good News First

4. Cinderella Man

5. Dog Years

Yes, the song Presto was a single. I remember hearing it on rock radio. I believe it was the third single released and faded pretty quickly.

EDIT: Actually, I guess it was the second single and charted one position higher than The Pass. Huh, never would have guessed.

https://en.wikipedia...(album)#Singles

Now I'm mad they never bothered making a video for the title track. It would be impossible to be worse than the train wreck Superconductor.

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Entre Nous

3. Good News First

4. Cinderella Man

5. Dog Years

https://en.wikipedia...(album)#Singles

Now I'm mad they never bothered making a video for the title track. It would be impossible to be worse than the train wreck Superconductor.

Hey I like Superconductor... :ph34r:

• Like 1

It would be impossible to be worse than the train wreck Superconductor.

:ph34r:

Uh-oh

I hope Segue doesn't read your post.

Its not one of the greats...the worst song they had released up to that point... (I like it).

So, is this an opportunity for people to list 5 relatively obscure album cuts?

Yep. Rush-related tumblweed threads. Still, a useful exercise for us fan boys (and girls).

Yeah, but we're all Rush nerds here. Who are you impressing by knowing Take a Friend?"

:)

• Like 2