What Is Your Ultimate Under-rated Top 5 Rush Tunes?

presto123

My top 5 Rush albums came right in a row. PW to PoW. What a run. CA and VT remix might be tied for 6th.

Grace is overrated imo. The other 4 and Snakes or Hemis are my top 5. Hemis>Signals what a f***ing run.

I like Snakes myself. Better than anything that came before it all the way back to, and maybe including, GUP.

Yep. I enjoy most of it quite a bit. CA is a giant compared to it.

On Snakes the songwriting is tighter, and the sound is great. I hope Nick produces their last album

CA has too many tracks for me that blend in together. Snakes each song is distinct from one another. Lyrically its better too. The concept in CA is very thin to me. In fact if I didn't already know it was a concept album I wouldnt think rhe songs thematically related.

I can appreciate that, but disagree on the "blending" part. To me, each song is distinct, but I respect your take.

In terms of a concept, I've could give a rip about it. I want badass songs

Ill say this, SCOG and Halo effect are two of my favorites. In fact they seem so maligned ill vote those as two more underrated songs.

They're both great. SCoG is a rocker, and Halo Effect's lyrics are actually pretty moving.

When I hear SCOG I remind myself that when i hit 60, my life ain't over. Ged defies age on that puppy

The reason I love CA, and Snakes, is they're both guitar albums. They rock harder than any album since Signals.

In your opinion, are there any cuts from CA that are all-time greats?

For me? Far Cry, Armour and MMB.

Those cuts are often overlooked on CA

My top 5 Rush albums came right in a row. PW to PoW. What a run. CA and VT remix might be tied for 6th.

Grace is overrated imo. The other 4 and Snakes or Hemis are my top 5. Hemis>Signals what a f***ing run.

I like Snakes myself. Better than anything that came before it all the way back to, and maybe including, GUP.

On Snakes the songwriting is tighter, and the sound is great. I hope Nick produces their last album

CA has too many tracks for me that blend in together. Snakes each song is distinct from one another. Lyrically its better too. The concept in CA is very thin to me. In fact if I didn't already know it was a concept album I wouldnt think rhe songs thematically related.

I can appreciate that, but disagree on the "blending" part. To me, each song is distinct, but I respect your take.

Ill say this, SCOG and Halo effect are two of my favorites. In fact they seem so maligned ill vote those as two more underrated songs.

They're both great. SCoG is a rocker, and Halo Effect's lyrics are actually pretty moving.

When I hear SCOG I remind myself that when i hit 60, my life ain't over. Ged defies age on that puppy

The reason I love CA, and Snakes, is they're both guitar albums. They rock harder than any album since Signals.

BU2BBY6YYZB2BUX1
  • Like 1

Nope. VT is heavier than both. Also, how is Snakes heavy? A few tunes are, but MANY songs feature acoustic guitar parts.

The songs on VT are largely bland.

Actually, I'd say SCoG is one of my favorite Rush tunes.

• Like 2

My love for you grows with every post
  • Like 1

oh get a room you two.

Not bad for a M@sshole, right?

• Like 1

Exactly. Dad knows best!

• Like 1

My biggest complaint about S&A is that other than Far Cry and the instrumentals, each song is a mid-tempo trudge-fest that is indistinguishable from each other. CA is far more diverse in length, tempo, theme and lyrics.

• Like 2

The worst song on the album. Geddy can't sing it and it fails to do what other songs do better.

The worst song on the album. Geddy can't sing it and it fails to do what other songs do better.

Here man, have another

http://www.amsterdamcannabis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cannabis-cup-2.png

Why can't the song do what it does? Man that sounds awesome. Do what it does...that's goatnut for ya bud.

Seriously, how can you listen to that song and not love his voice? He's belting out as if he were 20 again. His control is phenomenal

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Though I'd probably love the song if not for the vocals.

Here man, have another

http://www.amsterdamcannabis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cannabis-cup-2.png

If you're buying I'm in.

Here man, have another

If you're buying I'm in.

That would last a day for you right?

Those cuts are often overlooked on CA

Lol. I totally read that wrong. Ha

Headlong Flight is the only one for me. Carnies and Caravan are close.

• Like 1

Here man, have another

If you're buying I'm in.

That would last a day for you right?

I don't smoke that in a year! I smoke often, but in small doses.

Anyone who sings the praises of CA gets you all puffy down there. :LOL:
  • Like 2

more like this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/2530073424_81d054be18_m.jpg

more like this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/2530073424_81d054be18_m.jpg

Very true. That rock looks to be about an inch and a half big on my screen.

• Like 2

Exactly. Dad knows best!

Every so often i get one!!!;)

That honor goes to either The Anarchist or The Garden. The opening build up alone is worth the price of admission.