Geddy Lee limited autographed 12x18 penguins print

robertrobyn

I know people are either going to like or not like but I do not care. I bought one of the limited edition 12x18 penguin photos Geddy took on vacation to the Falklands Limited to 100

http://shopcwf.ca/collections/support-national-wildlife-week/products/geddy-lee-wildlife-print

• Like 2

I know people are either going to like or not like but I do not care. I bought one of the limited edition 12x18 penguin photos Geddy took on vacation to the Falklands Limited to 100

http://shopcwf.ca/co...-wildlife-print

I'm glad you like it.

You're right though. I not like.

I REALLY want to like. I even like Penguins, but these eyes aren't beholding beauty unfortunately. I'm just not blown away by it as much as I want to be.

I'll wait for the next entry and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Being a photographer, I think this is a lot cooler than Neil's recent autographed book. Besides, it is limited to only 100. These will probably go quick.

It's a great concept. I just wish I liked the photo. It's very well done, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm hoping I like the next one more.

Being a photographer, I think this is a lot cooler than Neil's recent autographed book. Besides, it is limited to only 100. These will probably go quick.

It's a great concept. I just wish I liked the photo. It's very well done, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm hoping I like the next one more.

I agree with both of these. I'd love to have photographs or paintings done by the band members, but it would help if the artwork was something that spoke to me.

• Like 1

I agree with both of these. I'd love to have photographs or paintings done by the band members, but it would help if the artwork was something that spoke to me.

Yeah, me too. The idea of owning something photographed and then signed by Geddy is so appealing, and the money goes to a good cause. But I'm staring at the photo, trying to find something that, as you said, speaks to me. But I didn't really have enough of a connection with it to be interested in buying it.

Edited by blueschica

And I guess dogs don't really qualify as "wildlife", but I still think Geddy should sell copies of his Arf40 shirt for a fund raiser for this wildlife fund or an animal rescue . . . :D :D
  • Like 4

And I guess dogs don't really qualify as "wildlife", but I still think Geddy should sell copies of his Arf40 shirt for a fund raiser for this wildlife fund or an animal rescue . . . :D :D

Yes! Been wanting one of those for ages. I thought the T-shirts for R40 were pretty crappy designs. They would have sold the heck out of an ARF40 shirt.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Yeah, me too. The idea of owning something photographed and then signed by Geddy is so appealing, and the money goes to a good cause. But I'm staring at the photo, trying to find something that, as you said, speaks to me. But I didn't really have enough of a connection with it to be interested in buying it.

Penguins don't speak to you? :D

• Like 2

Penguins don't speak to you? :D

Only Sidney Crosby and the hockey Pittsburgh Penguins, lol ! I think there's even a baby penguin in the middle of the photo but still . . . .

• Like 1

:Neil: Nice photography Ged. I like it. Think they'll make any money?

:geddy: Who cares? It's all about the bird man. I love birds.

:Alex: I like flipping the bird.

:Neil: You know penguins are known to be psychotic little fellows, often suicidal.

:geddy: I didn't know that. Was there some kind of study done, like the green banana study you told me about?

:Alex: You didn't know that? Everyone knows penguins have emotional problems.

:Neil: Here's Werner Herzog's take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KriRCtS4rs

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

I sent them an email this am asking if Geddy could personalize and if he could use a good pen or sharpie that would show up well. They said no to the personalize and no to special marker that they have already been signed !!!

:Neil: Nice photography Ged. I like it. Think they'll make any money?

:geddy: Who cares? It's all about the bird man. I love birds.

:Alex: I like flipping the bird.

:Neil: You know penguins are known to be psychotic little fellows, often suicidal.

:geddy: I didn't know that. Was there some kind of study done, like the green banana study you told me about?

:Alex: You didn't know that? Everyone knows penguins have emotional problems.

:Neil: Here's Werner Herzog's take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KriRCtS4rs

thats crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:geddy: So Neil, I wrote a song about penguins. I figure why make you write all the time you know? Wanna hear some lyrics?

:Neil: Hit me baby!

:geddy:

Look at you/little bird in the cold.

Your beak so sharp/your spirit bold.

Living in the ocean blue,

eating fish & swimming in your poo.

Whadd'ya think?

:Neil: Hmmm...on the level of "I think I'm Going Bald" methinks.

:Alex: The chorus is killer though Pratt. Tell 'em Dirk!

:geddy:

Tuxedos. A Guido.

We wear feathery speedos.

Even the men sit on the eggs.

Macaroni. Bologna.

Colonies of equality

A tisket. A tasket.

A condom or a casket

Despite the cold,

we never blow our gaskets.

Pretty cool huh?

:Alex: I helped him with that last part...epic!

:Neil: Actually, I think we should leave the penguins to Lyle Lovett.

:geddy: Isn't he that guy...

:Alex: Oh yeah, that guy who was banging Julia Roberts for like a week, then she bugged out. That was strange.

:geddy: So he wrote a song about penguins?

:Neil: Yep! Here it is. Badass bassline Dirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHmamjoieg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

After viewing TM's clip, I guess the fault is mine! I didn't realize penguins are so sensitive! :LOL: :lol: http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/article-2260666-16DF8E31000005DC-401_634x361.jpg

I got one of these for my daughter. She loves penguins. I received it yesterday and it looks very good. I ended up getting print number 1 of 100.

Wow that's really cool.

I got one of these for my daughter. She loves penguins. I received it yesterday and it looks very good. I ended up getting print number 1 of 100.

Wow! That's so awesome! # 1 makes it extra special somehow. Someone has a great dad (But then we already knew that :) :) )

• Like 1

I got mine #87/100 and must admit little disappointed. It is a print on hard paper like construction paper and not photo paper like a picture. My opinion more detail on photo paper!!! If someone is interested in mine PM me I could be convinced to sell.

I got mine #87/100 and must admit little disappointed. It is a print on hard paper like construction paper and not photo paper like a picture. My opinion more detail on photo paper!!! If someone is interested in mine PM me I could be convinced to sell.

Wouldn't have expected that. Interesting.