What would Rush think of TRF?

BassMasterGeneral

The fact that "Permanent Waves - 1970s or 1980s?" has been debated on here *more than once* would tell them all they'd need to know. ;)

Especially seeing as Neil and Geddy have referred to it as a 70s album.

They probably wonder if people on this forum have jobs. :LOL:

So long as we're buying records and paying for shows..... who cares, right? :)

• Like 3

The fact that "Permanent Waves - 1970s or 1980s?" has been debated on here *more than once* would tell them all they'd need to know. ;)

They'd no doubt cringe at the fact that they had fans who actually thought it was an 80s record. But they'd take their money anyway.

On the R40 DVD Geddy addressed this. After Natural Science but before they played Jacob's Ladder he said, "We're sort of right on the verge of the 70's here". Obviously this was him declaring that the album is from the 80's.

Bah, Geddy is a fool who doesn't even know his drummer is retired or that Jacob's Ladder has been played live before. It is his decrepitude that causes him to make that error.
  • Like 2

I hate Rush. They're old. The music is old. The tickets are too expensive. They don't dance. They don't tweak. When are they ever going to play a Superbowl?

I hate Rush. They're old. The music is old. The tickets are too expensive. They don't dance. They don't tweak. When are they ever going to play a Superbowl?

Probably never (who can top Janet Jackson anyway???) because they want the Superbowl fans who were stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars for tickets are there to stay for the second half of the game.

;) ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

They don't twerk either.

That's what I meant. But I'm old too, so I forget these things. Tweak, Twerk, The Jerk....

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Probably never (who can top Janet Jackson anyway???) because they want the Superbowl fans who were stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars for tickets are there to stay for the second half of the game.

;) ;) ;)

Come on. Can you imagine the hillarity of an Alex Lifeson wardrobe malfunction?

• Like 1

That it was an 80's album??

Recorded, mixed, shrink wrapped, 1979, blah-blah-blah-blah.

It's probably weird, but I don't even consider MP to be an 80's album.

The eighties starts with Signals for me, it was probably the decided major change in sound. Maybe I'm crazy.

I'm on a forum dedicated to one band so, yeah, I am.

Chronologically, obviously not.

But in every other way, I am in agreement! But I tend to think of Rush in these stages:

Rush-2112

AFTK-MP

Signals-HYF

Presto-T4E

VT-CA

And how do you know they don't tweak?

Or twerk.

Or jerk.......

http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/4/45/Make-Beef-Jerky-Step-4Bullet3.jpg/aid35395-900px-Make-Beef-Jerky-Step-4Bullet3.jpg

• Like 1

They changed Rock and Roll by going against every critic and did it when they were practically teenagers, then watched it come full circle into their favour. . Nothing on TRF would phase them.

Neil would just call us all a bunch of "netboys" and "netgirls" who waste our time sending our signals around the world, throwing our pointless messages into that cyber sea. And then he would tell us to get off his lawn.
  • Like 7

I think they would get a big kick out of the fawning and drooling that has gone on in the past in the NWW section.
  • Like 2

I think they would get a big kick out of the fawning and drooling that has gone on in the past in the NWW section.

Ha ha, yes, who doesn't want to hear that they are good looking and sexy at any age?? :D

• Like 3

That it was an 80's album??

Recorded, mixed, shrink wrapped, 1979, blah-blah-blah-blah.

It's probably weird, but I don't even consider MP to be an 80's album.

The eighties starts with Signals for me, it was probably the decided major change in sound. Maybe I'm crazy.

I'm on a forum dedicated to one band so, yeah, I am.

Chronologically, obviously not.

But in every other way, I am in agreement! But I tend to think of Rush in these stages:

Rush-2112

AFTK-MP

Signals-HYF

Presto-T4E

VT-CA

I go:

Rush-half of FBN

Half of FBN-Hemispheres

PeW-MP (70s sound)

Signals-HYF

Presto-RTB

CP-CA (with CP and TFE as close in sound and style, if not quality, and the rest and more standalone albums)

Ha ha, yes, who doesn't want to hear that they are good looking and sexy at any age?? :D

I'm sure they secretly love it!
  • Like 2

I would rather see the wive's reactions. Reminds me of when one of my coworkers met my wife and said how much fun our house must be and how my wife must be laughing all the time. My wife rolled her eyes and said "yeah, it's a nonstop laugh fest."

• Like 3