B-Side Saturday

Digital Dad

Nightwish and Lacuna Coil are two of the best bands for B-sides.

I wouldn't mind a full list of Iron Maiden b-sides.

Just played Rush- You Can't Fight It.

Digital Dad I love it!

Sorry not the purpose of the thread...

• Like 1

My favourite b-side ever might just be Nightwish's While Your Lips Are Still Red.

I love this song, and the major highlight of the latest tour is them spotlighting it at nearly every concert, even though it dates back to 2007! The fans love the song. It was a thrill!

"I Am the Walrus" was a b-side.

True but it was also an album track.

I didn't want to be the one to say this, because I cannot remember if it was on the MMT when it was just an EP or if it was put onto the extended album tracklist that became the official album in the seventies (if my memory serves me correctly).

• Like 1

It wasn't going to be on the album, as everyone except Peter and Ezrin hated it ..... Even Casablanca president Neil Bogart hated it, as he thought it was an inside joke directed at his then wife Beth

As you can see here, it was labeled as "Side A and Side A" after Beth took off on certain radio stations

Side A

http://s26.postimg.org/ekvj5kx6h/kiss_detroit_rock_city_1976_3.jpg

Side B

http://rymimg.com/lk/f/l/96906f2a2bc1177bd358d58035286e67/3006735.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

The Darkness "Best Of Me" ... a true B Side as it was never on an album

Could actually be my favorite song from them

Not to be confused with THIS ( even though the riff is basically the same )

Edited by Lucas

Maiden also covered I've Got The Fire (Montrose) for Piece of Mind. And it's also amazing. There's an album called Best of the B Sides collecting Maiden's, which is better than most bands' greatest hits.

What about the bands own songs though??

Does Reach Out count? It also has Sheriff of Huddersfield on he b side of Wasted Years.

How about Juanita, BSide of Stranger?

Ive never goin down on Juantia. Heh heh

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

The Cure and The Smashing Pumpkins come to mind. The Pumpkins recorded 56 songs for their Mellon Collie album and only used 28 of them on the actual album. The b-sides from that album are extremely good and it's crazy how many great songs were left off the official album. Luckily Billy Corgan realizes they're great and regularly plays his band's b-sides along with regular album tracks. Every album between Gish and Machina 2 had a bunch of solid extra tracks, but now that his inspiration is dwindling, b-sides are pretty rare. Lonely Is The Name is the last really good one I can remember.
  • Like 1

The Pumpkins recorded 56 songs for their Mellon Collie album and only used 28 of them on the actual album. The b-sides from that album are extremely good and it's crazy how many great songs were left off the official album.

They have a lot of great ones! I love Pisces Iscariot and Judas O!

Katatonia over the years have had songs that were written and/or recorded for albums but subsequently were left out or unfinished in time for the album proper. Which is a shame cause some of their B-sides are ironically better than half the songs, particularly the ones during The Great Cold Distance era.

This is one fine example, and I'm fortunate enough to be at the show where they premiered this song live in American soil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry77WWPUmPs&nohtml5=False