Geddy Lee answers some fan questions

Brucey

I had a feeling about those little coloured circles on his keyboard... for triggering sequencers.

Good questions...

When he talks about doing 11 weeks of rehearsal before playing in front of an audience, that is quite a reality check when people wonder about possible one-off shows in the future. If it ain't as good as it can be, they ain't going on stage.
  • Like 4

When he talks about doing 11 weeks of rehearsal before playing in front of an audience, that is quite a reality check when people wonder about possible one-off shows in the future. If it ain't as good as it can be, they ain't going on stage.

Plus they've always said that Neil rehearses a lot longer than the other two.

• Like 2

Good points. A show isn't just a week of work; it's a full three months-plus of work. And I can't imagine Rush performing without fully practicing because it's "just" one show, or "just" a one-week stint.

Damn that was a cool interview!

But if you look closely, when Geddy reads the last question where the guy mentions he's in a Rush tribute band, you can almost see Geddy about to say "How do I do it? BECAUSE I'M GEDDY LEE AND YOU'RE NOT!"

• Like 1

Good points. A show isn't just a week of work; it's a full three months-plus of work. And I can't imagine Rush performing without fully practicing because it's "just" one show, or "just" a one-week stint.

And they've never been a band that would go out and deliberately half-ass a performance.

I had no idea Geddy had a 35 year old son .. So he was born around the time of Moving Pictures

Wasn't he in the Distant Early Warning video?

No, that's from a quote taken out of context. His son was at the filming and played on the set, IIRC, but did not star in the video.

Well I guess I will never be able to do toboggoning correctly as there were no instructions as to which pocket to put your Bourbon in. I guess I could improvise on the sound advice given, or just be happy knowing it will never snow enough in Florida to toboggin on :P

Also we're kind short on hills in these parts as well although some of the newer roads do have quite high overpasses. Hmmm I wonder If I could make a rollerboggin? :LOL:

I had no idea Geddy had a 35 year old son .. So he was born around the time of Moving Pictures

No, that's from a quote taken out of context. His son was at the filming and played on the set, IIRC, but did not star in the video.

I heard Geddy's son was the naked baby in the pool on the album cover for that other band Dave Grohl was in.

• Like 2

I heard Geddy's son was the naked baby in the pool on the album cover for that other band Dave Grohl was in.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a 10 year-old on the cover...and if it were someone would be in jail.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a 10 year-old on the cover...and if it were someone would be in jail.

Not necessarily - ask the Scorpions and Blind Faith.

Not necessarily - ask the Scorpions and Blind Faith.

They covered up the "down there" parts, the showing of which I'm pretty sure is a big no-no for kids under current US federal law.

Remember that Blind Faith album jacket? :LOL: :cool:

Geez, that was one of the skeeviest things of all time. Just plain weird. I wonder if that woman ever tells anyone now that she was the girl on the cover!

Remember that Blind Faith album jacket? :LOL: :cool:

Geez, that was one of the skeeviest things of all time. Just plain weird. I wonder if that woman ever tells anyone now that she was the girl on the cover!

Aparently you have never seen the Scorpions Virgin Killer album.

• Like 2