Wind damage to car

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone have to deal with this?

2 years ago, my car was hit by a flying sign. Smashed in my rear door, and did $10K of damage. It was covered by comprehensive and I only had to pay $50.

A couple weeks ago, my son's car was slammed into by a ghost shopping cart while at work, due to high winds. Because the cart is on wheels, the insurance company said that it would be collision and not comprehensive. Only $1K damage comparitively, but our collision deductible is $500... not $50. Really sucks for him

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Wow that is unfortunate :(

The weirdest freak accident I've ever experienced in a car was about 10 years ago with my mom, a turkey buzzard snapped the radio antenna clean off. The police station had fun with that one :wacko:

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_36730.jpg

Asshole!

• Like 2

2 years ago, my car was hit by a flying sign. Smashed in my rear door, and did $10K of damage. It was covered by comprehensive and I only had to pay $50.

A couple weeks ago, my son's car was slammed into by a ghost shopping cart while at work, due to high winds. Because the cart is on wheels, the insurance company said that it would be collision and not comprehensive. Only $1K damage comparitively, but our collision deductible is $500... not $50. Really sucks for him

The same thing happened to my wife's car at a grocery store.

The store was liable and actually has insurance for just such an event.

Their insurance company paid for the repairs.

It was no problem at all.

We went and asked to speak to the store manager who gave us a number of a contact person at their home office.

They were very polite and accommodating.

Give that a try and hopefully it'll work out the same way for you as it did for us.

• Like 2

If anything on wheels counts as collision, better watch out for those demon 3 year olds on their Big Wheels.
  • Like 2

We went and asked to speak to the store manager who gave us a number of a contact person at their home office.

Give that a try and hopefully it'll work out the same way for you as it did for us.

Funny thing, it was at Home Depot - where my son works. He talked to corporate and they said "we are not assuming liability, but will give you $150 towards the repairs." My son argued with them and got them to agree to pay for half. that was the best he could do.
  • Like 2

We had a tree knocked over at the end of our parking lot in 2014. My next door neighbor has the last parking space, and his car was totalled by his insurance company. He has a bank account at paid himself for he repairs. My car lost a mirror part but I'll pay for that myself also it doesn't disable my car from working in any way, so...... couple of dents, but no big ones. F*ck insurance companies. ALL of them. It IS a scam.

Funny thing, it was at Home Depot - where my son works. He talked to corporate and they said "we are not assuming liability, but will give you $150 towards the repairs." My son argued with them and got them to agree to pay for half. that was the best he could do.

Maybe you should have hired an attorney. But paying for half is better than paying only $150.00.

• Like 1

If anything on wheels counts as collision, better watch out for those demon 3 year olds on their Big Wheels.

Does that count if i get a Hot Wheels Car stuck in my exhaust? Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1