Is RUSH Still Your #1 Rock Band?

g under p

They're my all time favorite but they're only a portion of the bands that I listen to. I still lov Ged with all my hort and their music makes me happy as can be but I'm not super hardcore obsessed like I used to be....which is a good thing.
  • Like 3

They're my all time favorite but they're only a portion of the bands that I listen to. I still lov Ged with all my hort and their music makes me happy as can be but I'm not super hardcore obsessed like I used to be....which is a good thing.

Healthy attitude! When I first discovered Rush, for a good two years they were nearly all I played. Then it calmed down. And now it is a healthy and loyal devotion but I am happy to play them only on occasion.

Variety is awesome!

I could not do what Zumbi does and make my life just about one band.

• Like 2

1981, age 9, I'm not turning my back on them now. Yes, it was, is, and will always be RUSH #1, and Yes #2, forever....
  • Like 1

1981, age 9, I'm not turning my back on them now. Yes, it was, is, and will always be RUSH #1, and Yes #2, forever....

Took a peak at your info ((because of your age 9 in '81 comment--->same here)) and noticed you're exactly 3 months older than me

• Like 1

Fools

Why are you even here if RUSH isn't your number one?

1001001 does not compute.

1001001 it's a good thing I'm not a mute.

"Beat It' Michael Jackson lovers! Night Wish Nerds!

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ?!?!?!

Signed, Rodney King

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/mikekefr/0kiss_zpsdc7b46e7.jpg

I know the dude on the far right is whatshisname, a longtime roadie with Rush...but I swear he looks like Spinal Tap's old keyboardist, Viv Savage. :LOL:

Howard Ungerleider, Rush's Lighting Director and Designer

• Like 1

I credit Rush for triggering not only a serious interest in music but an awareness of the skill level of musicians playing in bands that I liked.

They were my first real favourite band. This was around the time AFTK had just come out — hearing that album, and ATWAS completely blew me away.

I cited them as my favourite band for a number of years, before I started really getting into Genesis.

Despite being usurped, I never fell out of love with Rush. They are still one of my favourite bands, very likely among my Top 3.

Edited by Northerner
  • Like 4

YES but I have done some exploring of other music like the band Nightwish. WOW! It is very not like me Im very old school and hard to teach new tricks. New music to me has no soul or meaning which ever way you look at it. I have been listening to Rush since 1978 and still find it fresh. If they stop making new music then Im screwed!!!!!

I don't care what anyone says. Rush are amazing.

But Nightwish all the way for me!

So glad you connected with them. What have you heard so far?

Everything. Endless forms I think is one of the best LP's in a long time!!!
  • Like 1

I don't even compare Rush to all the other bands I enjoy. They stand alone, apart.

I'm a pretty accomplished Deadhead and will go from funk to bagpipes depending on the winds. Can get nostalgic with 80s pop, relive my early 20s with grunge, dance around with my 12 year old daughter with whatever happens to be the bubblegum pop flavor of the day. Done deep explorations with obscure prog as well as the most gangsta of hip-hop.

But, Rush has been my best musical friend since I was 12. The sounds and the lyrics are irreversibly intertwined with stages and eras of my life.

Months without listening to them can turn to weeks of nothing but them.

For me, when it comes to music, Rush is...home.

• Like 7

YES but I have done some exploring of other music like the band Nightwish. WOW! It is very not like me Im very old school and hard to teach new tricks. New music to me has no soul or meaning which ever way you look at it. I have been listening to Rush since 1978 and still find it fresh. If they stop making new music then Im screwed!!!!!

I don't care what anyone says. Rush are amazing.

But Nightwish all the way for me!

So glad you connected with them. What have you heard so far?

Everything. Endless forms I think is one of the best LP's in a long time!!!

Currently it reigns as my album of the decade thus far!

Took a peak at your info ((because of your age 9 in '81 comment--->same here)) and noticed you're exactly 3 months older than me

Yep, I ran with older kids and they were hooligans... We skipped school and went to a bowling alley behind my house and I heard Tom Sawyer, asked them and one of the guys said his SISTER was into them so I begged her for all of her records til I could get them from that 10 records for a penny club LOL!

• Like 1

I don't even compare Rush to all the other bands I enjoy. They stand alone, apart.

I'm a pretty accomplished Deadhead and will go from funk to bagpipes depending on the winds. Can get nostalgic with 80s pop, relive my early 20s with grunge, dance around with my 12 year old daughter with whatever happens to be the bubblegum pop flavor of the day. Done deep explorations with obscure prog as well as the most gangsta of hip-hop.

But, Rush has been my best musical friend since I was 12. The sounds and the lyrics are irreversibly intertwined with stages and eras of my life.

Wow me too exactly except my daughter is 2 years older and I started listening to Rush 2 years earlier..

Oh and you probably went further into hip hop than me but no regrets here :P

:goodone:

• Like 4

Fools

Why are you even here if RUSH isn't your number one?

1001001 does not compute.

1001001 it's a good thing I'm not a mute.

"Beat It' Michael Jackson lovers! Night Wish Nerds!

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ?!?!?!

Signed, Rodney King

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/mikekefr/0kiss_zpsdc7b46e7.jpg

I know the dude on the far right is whatshisname, a longtime roadie with Rush...but I swear he looks like Spinal Tap's old keyboardist, Viv Savage. :LOL:

Howard Ungerleider, Rush's Lighting Director and Designer

Yeah that's it! Thanks :)

Yep, I ran with older kids and they were hooligans... We skipped school and went to a bowling alley behind my house and I heard Tom Sawyer, asked them and one of the guys said his SISTER was into them so I begged her for all of her records til I could get them from that 10 records for a penny club LOL!

I remember that penny club thing!

The older kid hooligans that got me into Rush were my brothers! :LOL:

• Like 1

Rush is still my favorite band, though I freely admit saying the phrase "my favorite band" seems a bit silly at 51.
  • Like 6

My dad is 76 and must be very young at heart, because he has no problems with letting ones know who his favourite band are (ABBA).
  • Like 2

Rush is still my favorite band, though I freely admit saying the phrase "my favorite band" seems a bit silly at 51.

It seems even sillier at 61. ;)

Speak up, granny, I can't hear you!

• Like 1

My dad is 76 and must be very young at heart, because he has no problems with letting ones know who his favourite band are (ABBA).

Not something I would admit at any age. ;)

• Like 3

I said it seems even sillier at 61. ;)

• Like 2

I said it seems even sillier at 61. ;)

I'd love to scream the same even at 81 but I'm much afraid that at that age much nonsense will be erupted from my mouth (if you could ask here around they would say I have already started....)