Is RUSH Still Your #1 Rock Band?

g under p

Ofcourse, Rush will ALWAYS be my favorite number 1 band. They are just so damn awesome! Thou, I have not listened to them so much lately... been exploring other bands/artists.

But Rush will always be closest to my heart, and I know I can return to them when I need something special to listen to.

Zumbi, hello! Some of us had just been wondering where you have been! Good to see you! :hi:

Well I have not spent much time on this forum since Rush is half dead right now...

Interesting. After the initial surprise of hearing aboot the passing of Prince my thoughts were immediately of my number 1 favorite band. That they find a way while they still can to write, record and tour while having a healthy family life balance.

FLAME ON!

• Like 1

the last band to really ring my bell same standard as Rush was Radiohead, which was a long time ago. given up on contemporary stuff these days, there was just SO MUCH banging on in the 70s 80s and even 90s, was like a new great band popping up every five minutes.

so yeah, rush will of course always be my #1 but they sometimes share that spot occasionally these days with old masters like Genesis in particular, Queen, Hawkwind, Floyd, The Cure, ELO etc etc These days I'm giving the Chilli Peppers' By The Way a lot of play is a truly great album but also quite a bit electro pop of 80s like the human league who were just smashing :)

Rush is so connected to my youth and to bonding with best friends. In the pre-Internet days, looking for Rush stuff was like a quest. I never did that kind of thing with any other band.

I've always been blown away not only by the individual chops but how they arranged their parts together in a way that was just so heavy and dynamic.

In the press, they've always just seemed like such nice guys, guys who had a real bond and never acted out in typical rawk fashion (if they did, it was minor enough not to get noticed and reported in the press). It was rock without all the rock bullshit.

For all of these reasons - the nostalgia, the great music, the thoughtfulness - they'll probably always be my favourite band. Like others here, I've been known to take little vacations from Rush, but then I fall always back into it.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Ofcourse, Rush will ALWAYS be my favorite number 1 band. They are just so damn awesome! Thou, I have not listened to them so much lately... been exploring other bands/artists.

But Rush will always be closest to my heart, and I know I can return to them when I need something special to listen to.

Zumbi, hello! Some of us had just been wondering where you have been! Good to see you! :hi:

Well I have not spent much time on this forum since Rush is half dead right now, so its nothing really new happening Just a lot of bullshit.

Ha ha, some of the "Is Neil a Dork ?" threads might head in that direction! Hope things are going well for you and that spring has come to Sweden. :)

Yeah, that is one of the reasons why I dont spend much time here anymore. I am all right, thanks! And yes, spring is here now. And how are you?

Well I have not spent much time on this forum since Rush is half dead right now, so its nothing really new happening Just a lot of bullshit.

Ha ha, some of the "Is Neil a Dork ?" threads might head in that direction! Hope things are going well for you and that spring has come to Sweden. :)

Yeah, that is one of the reasons why I dont spend much time here anymore. I am all right, thanks! And yes, spring is here now. And how are you?

We all have roles to play. Yours is to keep us focused on the music.

I, myself am doing pretty well since snow and ice have finally left Pennsylvania and it is sunny and about 21 ° C today! My son got married recently and I have a few photos in the photos of you thread. I think TRF is doing pretty well also; I always enjoy the baseball threads (maybe not that interesting to you?) and enjoy seeing all the types of music everyone is listening to; that never gets old for me.

• Like 1

Or I just dont give a shit what people do and focus on my self and on my own music!

Or I just dont give a shit what people do and focus on my self and on my own music!

:(

• Like 1

I, myself am doing pretty well since snow and ice have finally left Pennsylvania and it is sunny and about 21 ° C today! My son got married recently and I have a few photos in the photos of you thread. I think TRF is doing pretty well also; I always enjoy the baseball threads (maybe not that interesting to you?) and enjoy seeing all the types of music everyone is listening to; that never gets old for me.

That is good, I hate snow and ice! Nice, I hope they will have a great life togheter. No, baseball does not interest me. Its not a big thing here in Europe. (And I dont like sport at all to be honest...).

And I also get a bit sad when I see people talk about Rush and their R40 Tour. Because when I became a Rush fan (during Time Machine Tour) and heard the R30 live album for the first time, I really loved it, the set list and everything. So I made a promise to myself that I would see them on their R40 Tour. But Rush never came to Europe and I did not have enough money to go to NA to see them. And then when I heard the R40 live album for the first time, I got even sadder because it's like all my favorite songs. Songs that they have not played in a very long time, even some songs that never been played live! It's like Rush asked me to pick the set list, and then I never got to see it live...

I know I should be happy that I have seen Rush live 3 times already (1 during Time Machine Tour and 2 during Clockwork Angels Tour) but R40 was such a special tour. In my opinion, it was their best tour since the Moving Pictures Tour! And it will never be another tour like that, if any tour at all.. (It wont be to Europe anyway....).

• Like 1