2016-17 Minnesota Vikings Thread

I'll root for the Vikings whenever they're playing the Packers or the Lions. The Bears winning the division seems pretty unlikely but if the Vikings can hold onto the title and keep the Packers and the Lions out of the playoffs that'll be good enough for me.
  • Like 1

I'll root for the Vikings whenever they're playing the Packers or the Lions. The Bears winning the division seems pretty unlikely but if the Vikings can hold onto the title and keep the Packers and the Lions out of the playoffs that'll be good enough for me.

Anybody but the Packers. :ebert: Edited by MULTIPLIED REACTION

Loving the direction of this team.

Coach Zimmer is already a beloved Minnesota institution to me, and I love the fact that he's actually coaching a disciplined team. The on-field mental mistakes have diminished tremendously, and the off-field fiascos that have plagued this franchise seem to be drying up quickly.

Norv Turner has reimagined this offense as an efficiency machine. Game management is working tremendously in our favor. I'm loving the development of some of our younger players like Teddy Bridgewater, Jerrick McKinnon and Stefon Diggs. I expect them to have a high ceiling as they continue to improve. With the improvements to our offensive line program, they should be very stout.

Defensively, this squad is a machine. I've known our secondary has been hiding talent for a few years, and now we're starting to see schemes that really show it. Harrison Smith is among the best defensive backs in the league, and it will be phenomenal to have Chad Greenway continuing to play at a high level as a veteran presence this year.

I know it's premature, but I think this team IS HERE. This is the year that they contend. They may well fall short, but for the first time in a decade, I actually see a scenario where the 2016 Vikings are your Superbowl champions.

• Like 1

Ah ha! A Viking thread. I hate to see summer go by, but I'm pumped to watch the Vikings this fall. Cautiously optimistic about this team. I need the Blair Witch project vs. Seattle permanently erased from my brain...

Bridgewater has been taking strides and with a bit more development he could turn into a very serviceable quarterback for the Vikings for many years.

I still worry his slight frame is going to get him killed, but I like his development and poise (overused word people use for him). He might end up as a really good Alex Smith type...not sexy, but can stabilize the QB position and get you wins. 14 tds a year needs a big jump though...