Eel Yddeg

So?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush Metal?

• Yes
    • Some Songs, but not as a whole
    • No

I'm no expert on Rush.

One need not be an expert on Rush to know such base reflections about hard rock in general.

What fools these mortals be.

Fanboys are the worst. Blind idolatry.

However...Rush is of course whatever you kiddies want it to be. I'm sure that's the way Ged, Al, and Neil would want you to have it. Take 'em however you like, if it rawks in certain shades of rose, super duper flooper. :)

So if Rush is metal for you, then that's all right.

Heck, I'm sure Rush is Dixieland Delta blues jazz for some people. :)

Interesting how anyone with a different opinion than yourself is a "fanboy" despite posting histories manifestly displaying the opposite.....

You don't even seem aware when people are just having a bit of fun with a subject, and it's pretty obvious your irony and sarcasm metres have been bypassed.

Oh, and posting text in your dialect only serves to make you look like a moron.

Not sure you had a point there. If you had something of substance to say, it seems to have been lost in translation.

You must be European, I'll wager. Or perhaps Canadian. :)

I'm no expert on Rush.

One need not be an expert on Rush to know such base reflections about hard rock in general.

However...Rush is of course whatever you kiddies want it to be. I'm sure that's the way Ged, Al, and Neil would want you to have it. Take 'em however you like, if it rawks in certain shades of rose, super duper flooper. :)

Interesting how anyone with a different opinion than yourself is a "fanboy" despite posting histories manifestly displaying the opposite.....

You don't even seem aware when people are just having a bit of fun with a subject, and it's pretty obvious your irony and sarcasm metres have been bypassed.

Not sure you had a point there. If you had something of substance to say, it seems to have been lost in translation.

You're the one who communicates like a cross between a half-baked hillbilly and a doped up student.

I was under the impression that English was a common language amongst us, and it's hardly my fault if you've sufficiently mangled it :-)

So go on, continue to get busy with the dropped "g" and substitute apostrophe.....it makes you really edgy and cool.

I'm no expert on Rush.

You're the one who communicates like a cross between a half-baked hillbilly and a doped up student.

I was under the impression that English was a common language amongst us, and it's hardly my fault if you've sufficiently mangled it :-)

So go on, continue to get busy with the dropped "g" and substitute apostrophe.....it makes you really edgy and cool.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

I'm no expert on Rush.

Haha. A Scot. Figures.

InterWeb 101, man.

Rookies.

Some people here "cough" bard"cough" are missing the point....

Metal is a state of mind, an indefinable quality of je nes sai quai, rather than a specific sound.

That is why, even in the middle of HYF, Rush are undoubtedly METAL!!!!

You're right. There is indeed nothing more metal than Tai Shan.

• Like 1

I'm no expert on Rush.

Haha. A Scot. Figures.

InterWeb 101, man.

Rookies.

You know, I could write a long dissertation about the relativity of ad hominem atttacks versus cogent arguments, but I'll just content myself with calling you a moron :kisshug:

• Like 1

Metal is a state of mind, an indefinable quality of je nes sai quai, rather than a specific sound.

Or the Garden. Clearly metal.

And Here Again.

And CTTH.

And GOAC.

The list goes on and on. :)

They were a metal band up to and including Moving Pictures. Metal in the way that was understood at the time. Not metal in the sense of Cookie Monster singing about killing his mother while everyone else races to the end of the song.

:goodone: X4

• Like 1

Definitely not metal. Even they will tell you that. I read some of that top 100 metal thread and there is a lot of not metal in there.

I remember reading a Neil Peart interview in one of my KERRANG! mags decades ago. They even quoted it. "I never thought of us as a Heavy Metal Band." -Neil Peart

That being said, they sure a shit are METAL!!!!

Cygnus XI Book I says it all.

• Like 1

They were a metal band up to and including Moving Pictures. Metal in the way that was understood at the time. Not metal in the sense of Cookie Monster singing about killing his mother while everyone else races to the end of the song.

:goodone: X4

ME WANT.....COOOOOOOOKIE!

• Like 1

The attacks began from the metal side. Look for yourself, son.

So to speak. :)

You are an oddity.

I like you more and more!

Keep it fun.

Definitely not metal. Even they will tell you that. I read some of that top 100 metal thread and there is a lot of not metal in there.

I remember reading a Neil Peart interview in one of my KERRANG! mags decades ago. They even quoted it. "I never thought of us as a Heavy Metal Band." -Neil Peart

Earl, where the heck have you been ??

I've missed you

Earl, where the heck have you been ??

I've missed you

So you're the one!

I don't give a toss what others wrote, I'm speaking only for myself, and you started the ad-hominem shit.

Again, I think your sense of humour switch is broken....I mean, look at some of the posts for Gods sake, and stop being so literal.

Or the Garden. Clearly metal.

And Here Again.

And CTTH.

And GOAC.

The list goes on and on. :)

Someones humour button needs replaced :facepalm:

I don't give a toss what others wrote, I'm speaking only for myself, and you started the ad-hominem shit.

Again, I think your sense of humour switch is broken....I mean, look at some of the posts for Gods sake, and stop being so literal.

Cherry picking is the bastion of the weak.

So you only gave a toss about what I wrote, rather than others.

How sweet. :)

Are you a bit simple or something?

Of course I only gave a toss about what you wrote, you were the only one who launched an attack on me.

What other people think about Rush is of no real concern to me, it's their opinion. For the record I'm not overly bothered about them stopping either.

You still seem to have missed the humour in the thread........

Of course I only gave a toss about what you wrote, you were the only one who launched an attack on me.

What other people think about Rush is of no real concern to me, it's their opinion. For the record I'm not overly bothered about them stopping either.

Oh no, laddie. I never even cited or quoted you, nor knew of your existence, until you said this out of the blue:

You taking offense at my generalization (which was not pointing out anyone in particular) is on you, son. You launched the specific individual attack.

You don't get to cry about it if you fired up at me first.

Laddie. :)

Certainly not. Hard prog.

Europe, White Lion or RUSH???

Of Europe, White Lion, or Rush, which would make my coworkers or elder family members cringe and plead for mercy??

My money is on Anthem. I am gonna crank Anthem and watch the hysteria!

Oh no, laddie. I never even cited or quoted you, nor knew of your existence, until you said this out of the blue:

You taking offense at my generalization (which was not pointing out anyone in particular) is on you, son. You launched the specific individual attack.

You don't get to cry about it if you fired up at me first.

Laddie. :)

I can assure you that "crying" is the last thing I am doing...I'm laughing...at you.

Your memory is short if you don't remember me, as it was only a week or two ago you were serving up the same condescending bullshit ad nauseam at me.

I am certainly not taking any offense at your laughable attempts to wind me up as it's like being savaged by a dead sheep.

I would also add that you still don't seem to have grasped the humour in this thread as you continue to take it literally.

Must try harder :-)