People on Ebay are just wrong. Neils autograph book.

robertrobyn

I did a best offer of $74.99 which is the price being sold on Monday. This guy is nuts!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's nuts.

There's going to be 1000 of them. I'm sure there will be plenty for those that want them. I'm sure it will sell out, but it's not going to be sold out in 5 minutes or even a day.

I'll put the over/under at a week. And maybe that's pushing it.

there are twice as many of these as any other signed book Neil has done. The last Clockwork Lives one took a long time to trickle out of the online store. They've actually email-blasted the mailing list way in advance this time, which is unusual.
  • Like 1

There was someone on ebay doing the same thing with the R40 Live DVD w/flashlight, selling it for double the price it was selling for at BestBuy (while it was still available at BestBuy). I posted a question to seller on ebay asking if it was the same item being sold at BestBuy for half the price. ;)

there are twice as many of these as any other signed book Neil has done. The last Clockwork Lives one took a long time to trickle out of the online store. They've actually email-blasted the mailing list way in advance this time, which is unusual.

Definitely unusual. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Well, geddy_lee_09 is selling it, so it's obviously #2 or #3 out of the 1,000, which also tells us that ged is so pissed at Neil he doesn't even want his copy. :eyeroll:

Someone should remind geddy that the release date of the book is not until september 13, though cause his listing says delivery May 19-27. :D

This listing is obviously aimed at people who aren't on the mailing list and have no idea that they can get this book on Monday themselves. So, the delivery date may be intentional, but certainly misleading.

Check you recent emails. Look for one from rush about the 40th anniversary of 2112. Scroll down and you'll see it. Not sure why they buried it.

Thanks, I see it now. I don't think I even bothered to read that email. I'll have to make sure I start reading them all from now on, even if the headline seems a bit mundane.

• Like 1

Up to $321.12. (Yes, I noticed the last four digits.) Ridiculous.

I'd almost rather have genital herpes than exchange $321 for a Neil Peart book. Speakers, a gun, a refrigerator for the storage room are all better ways to spend $321.

• Like 1

Yeah, getting the order to complete was like pulling teeth. It kept timing out and not going through.

FWIW--eBay Guy's listing does mention the September 13 release date, but eBay policy is that all orders must ship within 30 days of payment. So if the guy never comes through, and you've waited 5 months, I'm not sure how actionable it is by then.

Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 1

I must get this!

Shit, if he gets that I may have to sell the 3 book box set I got a few years back :givebeer:

That is mega-rare. As in only something like 150 were ever made. 300 tops. Perhaps someone with a better memory than me at the moment can verify that.

Anyway, It appears this guy is an Ebay pro at this sort of thing based on the name. I wonder how many he stocked up on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Peart-Far-Away-Limited-Edition-Hardcover-Signed-Autograph-NIB-Retired-/322063334573?hash=item4afc787cad:g:XQoAAOSwEK9XApoe

I was going to wait a while on this given the circumstances but decided to pull the trigger after work in case these ebay people create artificial shortages by buying them all up. I probably should have waited a little longer though as I'm not sure how likely it is that the venture capitalists will strike.

Yeah, getting the order to complete was like pulling teeth. It kept timing out and not going through.

FWIW--eBay Guy's listing does mention the September 13 release date, but eBay policy is that all orders must ship within 30 days of payment. So if the guy never comes through, and you've waited 5 months, I'm not sure how actionable it is by then.

I had issues as well, but did eventually get my order through. I only timed out once, but because of how slowly everything was moving it was 11:08 by the time I got my order in. I was hoping to get a low number, but not feeling so great about that right now. :(